Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Saylor "Direct Credit Exam" the same exam and questions as the "Final Exam"
I am doing a Saylor course and just took the "Final Exam" as practice before doing the Direct Credit Exam. The page for the final exam says the Direct Credit exam "is the proctored version of this course's final exam." Has anyone taken one of these? I'm wondering if the direct credit one actually has the same questions or if it's an entirely different exam.
TESU BSBA CIS - March 2019
Clep: College Algebra, Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, History of U.S. I, History of U.S. II, Principles of Management, Introductory Sociology, College Composition, American Government, Financial Accounting, Principles of Macroeconomics, Principles of Microeconomics, Principles of Marketing, Information Systems, Introductory Business Law, Introductory Psychology, Western Civilization I, Spanish Language, Biology, Social Science and History, Precalculus, Calculus
Study.com: FIN-102 Personal Finance, FIN-101 Principles of Finance, ACC-102 Managerial Accounting, BUS-308 Globalization and International Management, CS-302 Systems Analysis and Design, CS-303 Database Management, COM-120 Presentation Skills in the Workplace, BUS-113 Business Communication, STAT-101 Principles of Statistics
OnlineDegree.com: Computer Science CS101
Saylor.org: CS402, BUS303, CS302
Certs: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, MCSA, LPIC-1, CCNA
TESU: BUS-421 Business Administration Capstone
It is a different exam, I usually have a couple repeat questions but all the other ones are different. I have taken Business Law and Ethics, Intro to Business, Principles of Marketing, and Information Systems Management. Business law was my lowest score with a 74.
(10-12-2018, 08:31 AM)JoshDosMil Wrote: It is a different exam, I usually have a couple repeat questions but all the other ones are different. I have taken Business Law and Ethics, Intro to Business, Principles of Marketing, and Information Systems Management. Business law was my lowest score with a 74.

Ok, thanks. I got a 64 on the practice final. I work in networking so I was pretty confident, and after reviewing it's obvious that some of the answers they have are just wrong. After posting this I found another thread about that test and several others have said the same thing. Makes me pretty apprehensive to take the credit one. Did you prepare a lot using the Saylor material for the ones you took?
Clep: College Algebra, Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, History of U.S. I, History of U.S. II, Principles of Management, Introductory Sociology, College Composition, American Government, Financial Accounting, Principles of Macroeconomics, Principles of Microeconomics, Principles of Marketing, Information Systems, Introductory Business Law, Introductory Psychology, Western Civilization I, Spanish Language, Biology, Social Science and History, Precalculus, Calculus
Study.com: FIN-102 Personal Finance, FIN-101 Principles of Finance, ACC-102 Managerial Accounting, BUS-308 Globalization and International Management, CS-302 Systems Analysis and Design, CS-303 Database Management, COM-120 Presentation Skills in the Workplace, BUS-113 Business Communication, STAT-101 Principles of Statistics
Good to know, as I am planning to take some Saylor exams soon. If some of you have taken both Study.com & Saylor proctored exams, I would like to know how they compare. Are they both of the same level of complexity?
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(10-12-2018, 08:58 AM)camjenks Wrote:
(10-12-2018, 08:31 AM)JoshDosMil Wrote: It is a different exam, I usually have a couple repeat questions but all the other ones are different. I have taken Business Law and Ethics, Intro to Business, Principles of Marketing, and Information Systems Management. Business law was my lowest score with a 74.

Ok, thanks. I got a 64 on the practice final. I work in networking so I was pretty confident, and after reviewing it's obvious that some of the answers they have are just wrong. After posting this I found another thread about that test and several others have said the same thing. Makes me pretty apprehensive to take the credit one. Did you prepare a lot using the Saylor material for the ones you took?

Yeah, that actually turned out to not be a big deal since they will fix it. I had some incorrect answers here and there and a couple that had more than one correct answer but the couple questions per exam weren't enough to keep me from passing. I did save my review and submit the information to saylor to which they replied pretty quickly saying something to the effect of "thank you, I'll pass it on to our education team". 

They will correct your grade for these incorrect questions, save you reviews and submit an email explaining in detail the question along with its number and and the correct/incorrect answer and the education team will review it and if they determine that one or more questions is incorrect they will either average your grade committing that question or giving you credit for that particular question. Please submit anything you know is wrong to any of these credit providers, it can only help. 

I like saylor and what it is doing, they are far from perfect but are willing to work with both the courses and the students to improve the quality and experience. Because of this I submit everything that is incorrect or ambiguously worded because I know they will actually look at it and attempt to make improvements, $25 and 50 questions for 3 credits is hard to beat although I always pay the extra "take it now" $5 fee, I'm a big fan of cramming and passing a test immediately.
(10-12-2018, 02:15 PM)JoshDosMil Wrote:

How do you send it in? I actually found several questions with errors on the credit final and want to pass it along.

Thanks

Yeah, that actually turned out to not be a big deal since they will fix it. I had some incorrect answers here and there and a couple that had more than one correct answer but the couple questions per exam weren't enough to keep me from passing. I did save my review and submit the information to saylor to which they replied pretty quickly saying something to the effect of "thank you, I'll pass it on to our education team". 

They will correct your grade for these incorrect questions, save you reviews and submit an email explaining in detail the question along with its number and and the correct/incorrect answer and the education team will review it and if they determine that one or more questions is incorrect they will either average your grade committing that question or giving you credit for that particular question. Please submit anything you know is wrong to any of these credit providers, it can only help. 

I like saylor and what it is doing, they are far from perfect but are willing to work with both the courses and the students to improve the quality and experience. Because of this I submit everything that is incorrect or ambiguously worded because I know they will actually look at it and attempt to make improvements, $25 and 50 questions for 3 credits is hard to beat although I always pay the extra "take it now" $5 fee, I'm a big fan of cramming and passing a test immediately.
(10-12-2018, 09:43 AM)Supermind Wrote: Good to know, as I am planning to take some Saylor exams soon. If some of you have taken both Study.com & Saylor proctored exams, I would like to know how they compare. Are they both of the same level of complexity?

Study.com exams are easier due to the repetitive nature of the quiz questions. Study.com exams are longer (usually 100 questions vs 50 for saylor) and I find study.com exams slightly more convenient for test taking because I can take the test whenever without waiting for a proctor and putting in my CC every time, but part of that boils down to preference because it usually takes a few days for study.com to review your proctored video and finalize your course grade where the saylor exams are instant grades, pass em and add to ACE.

(10-16-2018, 09:05 AM)camjenks Wrote:
(10-12-2018, 02:15 PM)JoshDosMil Wrote:

How do you send it in? I actually found several questions with errors on the credit final and want to pass it along.

Thanks

I saved my review in a pdf, copied the incorrect questions along with what should have been the answers and emailed it to them, someone named Sean got back with me pretty quickly.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 300 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 262 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 272 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 947 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  Sophia Credit Transfer StudyKing21 1 500 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 676 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 822 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM
  Linked University Questions for Sophia jdubley 8 1,287 09-28-2023, 10:21 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Study.com: Upcoming Changes to Credit-Granting Courses inf 28 3,785 09-19-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,518 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader