Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a new policy at TESU? Educational Provder review. Potentially major problem.
The last two times I asked TESU about how a course would transfer in, the advising department referred me to these two links and stated that an alternative credit course cannot be transferred in (even if ACE or NCCRS approved) unless the course provider fills out a form and goes through an approval process with the school.

https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/e...der-review
https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/p...-directory

In the past (if I'm not mistaken) if a course was NCCRS or ACE approved, TESU would evaluate the course whether or not the provider had a previously established relationship with the school.

Because of this policy, TESU has refused to consider NOCTI exams and Microsoft Professional Programs for transfer equivalency despite the fact that both providers have NCCRS approval for their offerings.

I have contacted Microsoft about this, but of course they can't be bothered to jump through all the hoops that TESU is putting up, especially since they're convinced that NCCRS approval is adequate. They do suggest using Excelsior's transcript service, but as we know on this forum, TESU does not accept that either.

What makes me think that this is a brand new policy is the fact that only the two newcomers ,OnlineDegree.com ad CSM Learn, are fully approved, while established providers such as Study.com, Saylor, ALEKS, Sophia, etc. are listed as Provisionally Approved – Review Pending.

This is potentially very problematic, as new sources of credit will now be much more difficult to transfer to TESU and some of the established providers could lose their TESU approval if there is some problem with their paperwork.

Has anyone else encountered this roadblock?
I'm thinking this is more of a confused advising team (as is often the case with TESU), but if I am wrong and this is actually their policy... We're now looking at a "Big 2," because this is a joke.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
This is new, and CRAZY! I'm not sure why they would need this in addition to ACE/NCCRS, but if this is the case, then jsd is correct, they will be out of the running for this forum. Course providers already have to jump through hoops to get approved through ACE/NCCRS, why would they want to add TESU to the list?

CLEP and DSST are even on the list of "provisionally accepted-review pending" course/exam providers. Seriously! They are NOT going to jump through hoops to get TESU to approve their exams, I guarantee it. Why would they??
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
It it interesting that sources like CLEP and AP are on the Provisionally Approved list as well. I would also expect that providers like study.com which have a transfer agreement with TESU to be approved not just provisionally. I mean they have accepted these credit sources for years, even if this is a new policy why only approve the 2 newer providers?

I had a similar problem trying to gain credits for my NIMS certificate and thought it was because it didn't fit in the program well or the BSAST is commonly misunderstood/evaluated. I wonder if this was the root of the issue instead.
Working on TESU BSBA Operations Management. Graduating 2019
Courses (6cr): OPM 411, OPM 415
SDC (12cr): ENG 105, BUS 120, BUS 312, LIB 101
CLEP (12cr): Humanities, Natural Sciences
The Institutes (2cr): Ethics
I'm not certain what is going on there - a bunch of the listings are NA schools. Some providers are actually defunct (Alternative Credit Project Ecosystem, Align Degree Services LLC, Kaplan University Open Learning, Javaonline.org, LLC, JumpCourse).

Some are RA schools, which shouldn't even be on this list (American Military University – Part of The American Public University System).

Christopher Academy and Maitland Montessori School is a Kindergarten! Camphill Academy is a high school.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Quote:*Exclusions – ACE or NCCRS course recommendations for United States military training schools and those for corporate training are not subject to this review process. TESU reserves the right to make any and all exclusion determinations.

Hrmmm

"Kaplan University Open Learning" is provisionally approved and literally doesn't exist anymore as Purdue U Global bought them out a while ago. This has to be just outdated info from an uniformed advising team... Fingers crossed.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
University of St. Thomas is a regionally accredited school, LOL. I think that PC AGE was already reviewed by TESU and put on their certification page. Someone was smoking crack before they wrote this.

This is from their transfer credit page.

Quote:Thomas Edison State University may accept in direct transfer college-level credits earned at institutions accredited by national accreditation associations that have developed formal articulation agreements with Thomas Edison State University.

https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/transfer-credit
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I think it's amusing that statistics.com is on the provisional list considering they are TESU's partner for their data analytics degree.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • Clepper43
I suspect this evolved from them deciding to not accept Shmoop (an ACE approved course provider)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(05-05-2019, 07:08 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Some are RA schools, which shouldn't even be on this list (American Military University – Part of The American Public University System).

Christopher Academy and Maitland Montessori School is a Kindergarten!  Camphill Academy is a high school.

AMU / APUS had some courses evaluated through ACE CREDIT before it achieved regional accreditation in 2006. It's common for Montessori teacher training programs to be housed in Montessori schools, and that's what's going on with Christopher and Maitland. As for Camphill Academy: The Camphill School is a K-12 Waldorf school that also offers a transition program for developmentally disabled students up to age 21. Camphill Academy is a professional education institution training educators and therapists in the Waldorf tradition. They're located at the same site but have separate 501c3 corporations, boards, and personnel.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 12 634 1 hour ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 149 1 hour ago
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,568 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 616 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 541 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 276 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,329 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 253 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 405 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 311 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az