Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a new policy at TESU? Educational Provder review. Potentially major problem.
(05-06-2019, 12:53 PM)Supermind Wrote: Just got this email from Saylor:

I wouldn't anticipate any problesm -- TESU commonly accepts ACE and NCCRS, and we have a formal agreement in place with them.

I'm not sure how recent the TESU page is, but I think it might be an internal process for them; that is, TESU might be updating their approvals and moved everyone over to the "provisional" list. I don't believe we've recently applied for approved status or that we have any actions we need to take.

I'll ask colleagues to learn what they might know, but I think you don't need to worry!

I emailed Straighterline, they had no specifics for me. They told me they would be writing me back when they have more information, I'll let you know what they share. 

Regardless, I'm going to be barreling through these courses. Before, I was actually trying for As & Bs, even though my understanding is it doesn't count towards a GPA regardless, it was for pride, now I'm just going to work through them as quickly as possible for the credit. 

This is still frustrating.
Likewise @degreeguy. I have been working very hard to learn the subject well, and get good grades. I just need to complete 2 more exams on study.com, which I was planning to complete latest by Tuesday next week. I already transferred 3 credits from a SDC course I completed last week- just a few moments ago. I was planning on transferring all 3 together. Why is TESU not setting a deadline for students before they change policies? They should let us know that w.e.f such and such a date, credits from other sources will be evaluated differently.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
So, am I correct in assuming that, based on everyone's responses, we probably don't have to worry about TESU not accepting SL, SDC, CLEP, etc, credits, but just in case we should get in as many credits in as fast as we can? This whole thing is still a bit confusing. I may email my academic adviser and see if she has any insight in this.
LOL, some of the upper echelons at TESU are making some unneeded and unwanted changes...
Man, why are they rolling things the wrong way? They should keep things short and simple...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-06-2019, 02:14 PM)studyandpass5 Wrote: So, am I correct in assuming that, based on everyone's responses, we probably don't have to worry about TESU not accepting SL, SDC, CLEP, etc, credits, but just in case we should get in as many credits in as fast as we can? This whole thing is still a bit confusing. I may email my academic adviser and see if she has any insight in this.

I'm honestly not sure. 

What I am sure of is this:

I will be steamrolling through my SDC, SL, & Aleks courses in the next month. I actually put a week of vacation in at work next week to just barrel through as much as I can in the next two weeks. 

If TESU accepts the credit, great, if not, I'll be applying to COSC where these courses should still be accepted and will then file a dispute on my CC for the $1,200 from the SOS-110 I start today.
So, I called up and spoke to someone at TESU reg this. Her interpretation was that ‘Provisionally approved’ means the credits from those providers will be accepted, but it is upto TESU’s discretion whether those credits would fit into a particular degree or not. It kind of made sense, because CSM Learn’s course is a sure fit for all degrees, but the same cannot be said about Saylor, SL or Study.com courses. Beyond this, she could not offer any clarity, as she was not an academic advisor, and it was past the 11 am - 1 pm slot, when advisors are available to take calls.

Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 

(05-06-2019, 07:55 PM)Supermind Wrote: So, I called up and spoke to someone at TESU reg this. Her interpretation was that ‘Provisionally approved’ means the credits from those providers will be accepted, but it is upto TESU’s discretion whether those credits would fit into a particular degree or not. It kind of made sense, because CSM Learn’s course is a sure fit for all degrees, but the same cannot be said about Saylor, SL or Study.com courses. Beyond this, she could not offer any clarity, as she was not an academic advisor, and it was past the 11 am - 1 pm slot, when advisors are available to take calls.

The advisors don't know where things fit into degrees either!

You probably need to speak to someone higher up than advisors or the help line.  Like much higher than that, to see what this all means to non-trad students planning on taking alternative credits for 114cr towards their degrees.

I just think TESU is going the wrong way, they think they can force people to take more courses through them, but don't understand how the free market works.  If they make it too difficult, we'll just use COSC, EC, WGU, or other competency-based models. Or a school that will take 90cr of alternative credits but costs a LOT less than TESU per credit.  We're not stupid, we can find plenty of other options TESU!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • AwardTour, cookderosa
@dfrecore, at this point, I am quite stuck. Because I am half way into my Capstone. And I am just about 9 credits away from completion. Changing to COSC might not be easy for me. WGU is ruled out, as I am an international student. I am sure there are many who are in a similar position as I am. This is quite concerning. Something that I have been thinking is that if there is such a serious change in policy, TESU should be sending out a newsletter. They should be making broad announcements like they did about replacing the Cornerstone with SOS-110. They have not done that; so it might not be such a serious change after all.

Email Marc Singer. He is the director of the department that oversees non-traditional learning. He still comes to this forum occasionally even if he doesn't post. I saw his name on the active users list a few weeks ago.

P.S. That means that TESU is spying on you.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • saraholson
It just seems like TESU is making a "pre-approved" list of courses and providers (kind of a good thing). Surely Study.com, StraighterLine and Sophia will make it through (their courses are good and solid).

Like davewill pointed out, their "Starter Kit" PDF file is from November 2018. I've been asking advising about a bunch of StraighterLine and Study.com courses, to get an official confirmation that they transfer in, and have gotten responses that they transfer in, with all the ACE registry dates and everything—usually along the lines of "x course transfers in, if completed by 01/05/21."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,330 11 hours ago
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 526 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 455 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 478 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 278 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27