Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's been almost impossible for me to take proctored test lately since I have a Mac
(12-25-2018, 07:46 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: My mac works fine with proctoru.

What version are you on? My point is it hasn't been working with 10.14.
TESU BSBA CIS - March 2019
Clep: College Algebra, Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, History of U.S. I, History of U.S. II, Principles of Management, Introductory Sociology, College Composition, American Government, Financial Accounting, Principles of Macroeconomics, Principles of Microeconomics, Principles of Marketing, Information Systems, Introductory Business Law, Introductory Psychology, Western Civilization I, Spanish Language, Biology, Social Science and History, Precalculus, Calculus
Study.com: FIN-102 Personal Finance, FIN-101 Principles of Finance, ACC-102 Managerial Accounting, BUS-308 Globalization and International Management, CS-302 Systems Analysis and Design, CS-303 Database Management, COM-120 Presentation Skills in the Workplace, BUS-113 Business Communication, STAT-101 Principles of Statistics
OnlineDegree.com: Computer Science CS101
Saylor.org: CS402, BUS303, CS302
Certs: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, MCSA, LPIC-1, CCNA
TESU: BUS-421 Business Administration Capstone
Mojave 10.14.1
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(12-25-2018, 08:49 PM)camjenks Wrote:

Have you tried using the new Auto ProctorU Chrome plugin? It sounds like the plugin is intended to replace the flash-based integration mechanism. From what I gather it may phase out the need to pre-register for proctor sessions as well, but I'm not sure about the latter. I found out about it when I was trying to debug the issues with my TESU midterm proctor session. It might be in beta since it isn't showing on the main chrome store yet when I do a regular search, though this link will take you to the proper chrome store listing.

In any case, if you haven't seen it yet, it can be downloaded from http://bit.ly/proctoruchrome.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(12-25-2018, 12:15 AM)camjenks Wrote: I have 2 computers. A personal MacBook and a Dell Laptop for Work. I've always used my MacBook for all my studying and test taking, but I haven't been able to use it anywhere for proctored finals for the past month or so. RPNow (used by study.com and onlinedegree.com) and ProctorU (used by Saylor.org) apparently still aren't supporting MacOS Mojave (or maybe just the latest version of it, I can't be sure). My MacBook updates automatically, so I didn't realize what was happening at first, but the RPNow browser just has a plugin failure and ProctorU just can't seem to get connected. I've had to use my work laptop since it has windows, but for that I have to remove the anti-virus and several other security programs just to get the stuff to work. It's a work laptop so it's supposed to be locked down.

These companies really need to support the current OS if they're going to keep advertising that they work on Macs. My last 2 proctorU exams took 2 hours to get working because I didn't realize the issue was my Mac, and then had to switch computers. I had a similar issue with OnlineDegree.com using rpnow and just had the same problem with study.com. My account's now showing up that I used one of my 2 exams for the month but I couldn't take it and now have to go through the headache of getting it all sorted out, if I even can. I've taken so many already on my Mac that I took it for granted that it was still going to work, and I'm just pricing together that it's all because my OS is up to date. This is partially on me, I'm sure I missed some fine print somewhere, but this is pretty frustrating and I'm sure others have already ran into it or will soon.

If, as others have said, this is a Flash issue, it should be tied to the browser, not the OS.  What browser were you using?
(12-25-2018, 11:38 PM)ed209uardo Wrote:
(12-25-2018, 12:15 AM)camjenks Wrote: I have 2 computers. A personal MacBook and a Dell Laptop for Work. I've always used my MacBook for all my studying and test taking, but I haven't been able to use it anywhere for proctored finals for the past month or so. RPNow (used by study.com and onlinedegree.com) and ProctorU (used by Saylor.org) apparently still aren't supporting MacOS Mojave (or maybe just the latest version of it, I can't be sure). My MacBook updates automatically, so I didn't realize what was happening at first, but the RPNow browser just has a plugin failure and ProctorU just can't seem to get connected. I've had to use my work laptop since it has windows, but for that I have to remove the anti-virus and several other security programs just to get the stuff to work. It's a work laptop so it's supposed to be locked down.

These companies really need to support the current OS if they're going to keep advertising that they work on Macs. My last 2 proctorU exams took 2 hours to get working because I didn't realize the issue was my Mac, and then had to switch computers. I had a similar issue with OnlineDegree.com using rpnow and just had the same problem with study.com. My account's now showing up that I used one of my 2 exams for the month but I couldn't take it and now have to go through the headache of getting it all sorted out, if I even can. I've taken so many already on my Mac that I took it for granted that it was still going to work, and I'm just pricing together that it's all because my OS is up to date. This is partially on me, I'm sure I missed some fine print somewhere, but this is pretty frustrating and I'm sure others have already ran into it or will soon.

If, as others have said, this is a Flash issue, it should be tied to the browser, not the OS.  What browser were you using?

Rpnow is a program that launches in its own window, not inside a browser. You have to use their program and it relies on flash. I have confirmation from them that it doesn’t work with Mojave. It’s not my computer.

(12-25-2018, 09:28 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(12-25-2018, 08:49 PM)camjenks Wrote:

Have you tried using the new Auto ProctorU Chrome plugin? It sounds like the plugin is intended to replace the flash-based integration mechanism. From what I gather it may phase out the need to pre-register for proctor sessions as well, but I'm not sure about the latter. I found out about it when I was trying to debug the issues with my TESU midterm proctor session. It might be in beta since it isn't showing on the main chrome store yet when I do a regular search, though this link will take you to the proper chrome store listing.

In any case, if you haven't seen it yet, it can be downloaded from http://bit.ly/proctoruchrome.

I haven’t seen that, but I’ll give it a try. Thanks!
TESU BSBA CIS - March 2019
Clep: College Algebra, Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, History of U.S. I, History of U.S. II, Principles of Management, Introductory Sociology, College Composition, American Government, Financial Accounting, Principles of Macroeconomics, Principles of Microeconomics, Principles of Marketing, Information Systems, Introductory Business Law, Introductory Psychology, Western Civilization I, Spanish Language, Biology, Social Science and History, Precalculus, Calculus
Study.com: FIN-102 Personal Finance, FIN-101 Principles of Finance, ACC-102 Managerial Accounting, BUS-308 Globalization and International Management, CS-302 Systems Analysis and Design, CS-303 Database Management, COM-120 Presentation Skills in the Workplace, BUS-113 Business Communication, STAT-101 Principles of Statistics
OnlineDegree.com: Computer Science CS101
Saylor.org: CS402, BUS303, CS302
Certs: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, MCSA, LPIC-1, CCNA
TESU: BUS-421 Business Administration Capstone
Is there a way you can show me a screen you get stuck on camjenks for the mac on proctoru? I had issues too and there are steps I have to do to get it working.
(12-26-2018, 09:07 AM)camjenks Wrote:

Rpnow is a program that launches in its own window, not inside a browser. You have to use their program and it relies on flash. I have confirmation from them that it doesn’t work with Mojave. It’s not my computer.
Huh, even their support site doesn't show official support for Mojave using Flash, just version 4:

http://clientportal.softwaresecure.com/s...roctor-now
(12-28-2018, 09:17 AM)ed209uardo Wrote:
(12-26-2018, 09:07 AM)camjenks Wrote:

Huh, even their support site doesn't show official support for Mojave using Flash, just version 4:

http://clientportal.softwaresecure.com/s...roctor-now

Wow, this is really bad news. I only have one computer (a mac which has already been updated) and i am not allowed to use my work PC for anything except work, so unless they release a workaround, I cannot take any exams. I guess I won't be renewing my Study.com subscription until I hear that things are back to normal.

We are going to have the same problem - all Mac's, and all have been updated - no windows computers at all, haven't owned one for 10+ years. We may have to see if there are any other testing options available.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
You could possibly use BootCamp to create a small Windows install to just to use for test taking.

Edit: Nevermind, I see that they don't support "Windows OS on MAC". Can't really think of any reason why not, though.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 272 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Initial Saylor exam test experiment vetvso 15 2,383 11-15-2022, 10:55 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Study.com interrupted during proctored exam deeznoots 4 1,433 11-04-2022, 08:40 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Study.com Proctored Exam Rules mikehart82 4 1,562 10-18-2022, 01:41 AM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  Does Study membership for courses give access to test preps? Insert Name 3 610 10-16-2022, 08:58 AM
Last Post: spohara
  Saylor Piloting New Proctor ($5/test instead of $25) ylmir 19 4,214 12-23-2021, 11:45 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is TESU asking the impossible Re: TEEX credits? rachel83az 38 5,925 08-23-2021, 09:23 PM
Last Post: jch
  Chapter Practice test study.com andriaparrott 4 791 07-17-2021, 12:11 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Notification window opened while on a proctored exam! carebear_007 7 1,242 04-20-2021, 04:24 PM
Last Post: carebear_007
  SDC How long until you get your graded Proctored Final or Assignments back? daharamu 5 1,374 12-15-2020, 08:17 PM
Last Post: daharamu