Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It took forever, but I am finally done! BALS at TESU
Great! Congratulations!!! It's never too late.
Seton Hall University - MA HRTD
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA GM in progress
Thomas Edison State College - BA CJ
Thomas Edison State College - AAS ESST
Middlesex County College - AS CJ

NJ PTC
New Jersey Regional Community Police Institute
Methods of Instruction

TEEX
Cyber Security for Everyone
Cyber Security for IT Professionals
Cyber Security for Business Professionals

Sophia
Accounting
Congrats!!!
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
Thank you for all of the congratulatory messages. Smile

I'm curious, did anyone celebrate in any meaningful way once they graduated? I want to do *something* but it seems silly. I want to buy a shirt from TESU, but I can't bring myself to hit the button on it.
TESC BALS -- March 2017

Done in 2016:
DSST Substance Abuse PASSED 1/2016
DSST Public Speaking PASSED 1/2016
SL American Govt. -- PASSED 2/2016
SL Business Comm. -- PASSED 3/2016
The Institutes free ethics class - accepted, thank you, God! Smile
Living in the Info Age (SOC 110) - 3/2016
TECEP Abnormal Psych - PASSED 3/2016
TESU Capstone -- DONE!!! A- (but still an A, right?) 1/2017

Put on the back burner for a rainy day:
Torah College's A Social History of Jewish Food (SOC 302)
way to go!!
sammeecat Wrote:Thank you for all of the congratulatory messages. Smile

I'm curious, did anyone celebrate in any meaningful way once they graduated? I want to do *something* but it seems silly. I want to buy a shirt from TESU, but I can't bring myself to hit the button on it.

I had a nice dinner with my family and received a lot of congrats from other family members i never planned on telling.... i kind of got my degree in stealth mode and didnt want to make a big deal out of it, just something i ALWAYS wanted to get accomplished and done. Once i received my diploma in the mail, i still find myself looking at it periodically with a smile and 'yes' i finally bought a tshirt I wear under things every once and a while ;-)

Congrats again!
jlearn25!

TESU BSBA - Sept 2016
sammeecat Wrote:Thank you for all of the congratulatory messages. Smile

Are you planning to attend the Commencement Ceremony? That was a big event for me and my family. It really helped to make it all seem real, if you know what I mean. Added benefit for my family is that it motivated most of my younger siblings and helped to make it all seem possible for them as well.
Completed: 
TESU BA Social Sciences, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited)
WGU MBA in Healthcare Management (ACBSP Accredited)
In Progress: Creighton University PharmD

Congratulations! Well done!
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
:hurray:CONGRATULATIONS!!!:hurray:

If you have the opportunity to celebrate and/or attend graduation...DO IT!!

Enjoy your accomplishment!

(I didn't have the chance and will always regret it)

P.S. ...Despite not being able to attend my official grad ceremony, I'm buying the cap and gown...and am definitely having my photo taken in the cap and gown!!! Big Grin
"I dwell in Possibility."  Emily Dickinson
2011-12  CLEP
 Int Psych - 75 / H G & D - 69 / Ed Psych - 72 / Am Lit - 80  / A & I Lit - 75 / Eng Lit - 73 2012-13  SL  Eng Comp I - 95.3% P /
Eng Comp II - 97.5% P 2014  EC/UEXCEL  Ab Psych - A / Soc Psych - A / Psych A & A - A  / Gerontology - A / Info Lit - P 2015 BYU Sport Psych - A / DSST Sub Abuse - 470 / Int World Rel - 481 / H T Y H - 465 / Tor College HIS 301 - 81% P 2016 EC LA498 Capstone - A
1991 AA Liberal Arts USNY Regents College
2016 BSLA Magna Cum Laude Excelsior College  - A 5 year journey COMPLETED!

2017-2019 Study.com Certs. - Am Lit/Brit Lit/Shakespeare/Poetry Review Shmoop - Shakespeare's Plays/Shakespeare in Context/Women's Lit
I let my family take me out. Helped to make it all more real.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
sammeecat Wrote:After much anxiety, I finally received the email that certifies that I'm certified to graduation for March 2017.

This was such a long time in the coming, as I started college back in 1994, one of those so-called 'smart kids' who was fresh out of high school with the intention of becoming a music teacher. Yeah, that didn't work out so well. :-D I started and stopped countless times, attending classes at B&M schools, taking classes online and of course, testing out. Now, I'm itching to earn a masters but I'm still unsure of the direction I want to go with it. I definitely know I do NOT want it to take so long!

I owe you all so many thanks, especially those of you who are homeschooling parents. You silently gave me that extra push to know I could finish while teaching my own children.

Thank you ALL so very much for the wealth of experience you bring to the non-traditional learning table.

Stories like yours really give me the extra push that I need on my bad days.. I get so discouraged at times that graduating doesn't feel like its obtainable.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,006 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,676 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,129 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,668 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,746 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,363 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,609 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,337 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,397 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,872 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore