Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ivy League or close ?
(06-08-2022, 01:22 AM)ifomonay Wrote: Going to HES isn't the same as going to Harvard. Yes, Harvard does grant the degree. I almost attended there, but decided not to, because some folks who got the degree said they got calls from recruiters. But after the recruiters digged in and discovered that they went to HES and not the programs that had 2% acceptance rate, the recruiters enthusiasm went away. Also, if you go to harvard's official blog page, they tell people who went to HES to stop telling people they went to harvard. That was the deal-breaker for me (when Harvard disrespects their own degree)

I recommend Harvard to remove HES program then...
They're known for their low acceptance rate but HES's acceptance rate is 100%.
https://collegegazette.com/is-harvard-ex...-and-more/

So the HES program doesn't serve the purpose for Harvard.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nomaduser's post:
  • indigoshuffle
(06-08-2022, 01:22 AM)ifomonay Wrote: Going to HES isn't the same as going to Harvard.

It very much is not the same as going to Harvard College, Harvard Business School, etc. However, these are all subsets of going to Harvard University. It is going to Harvard.

Quote:Yes, Harvard does grant the degree. I almost attended there, but decided not to, because some folks who got the degree said they got calls from recruiters. But after the recruiters digged in and discovered that they went to HES and not the programs that had 2% acceptance rate, the recruiters enthusiasm went away.

I wouldn't advise anyone to go to HES expecting substantively the same response from direct-out-of-college or direct-out-of-master's recruiters who recruit from Harvard College and Harvard Business School.

Quote:Also, if you go to harvard's official blog page, they tell people who went to HES to stop telling people they went to harvard.

This describes a real and substantive dispute, but the description misrepresents it. There's been some disagreement about details of how bachelor's or masters of liberal arts degree from HES should be listed on résumés. No Harvard official source has ever disagreed with using the names Harvard and Harvard University. There's also been no disagreement about credit-bearing certificates.

(06-08-2022, 01:45 AM)nomaduser Wrote: They're known for their low acceptance rate but HES's acceptance rate is 100%.
https://collegegazette.com/is-harvard-ex...-and-more/

HES doesn't even take degree program applications from anyone who did not who succeed in the specified pre-admissions courses. Your chance of being admitted to a degree program at HES would be 0% unless you received high grades in those courses.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ivy League masters. Fair pricing Pats20 26 3,630 08-23-2021, 06:55 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Princeton is the only Ivy League school without online degrees sanantone 10 1,644 06-28-2021, 06:51 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  American Classical League: 1 Grad. Credit Ashland U/3 Credits CEU Miami of Ohio eriehiker 0 835 06-17-2020, 12:50 PM
Last Post: eriehiker