Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
JOE - TESU BALS Recommendations -
JROE Wrote:Hey there, I’ve never posted yet on the forums but have been searching around here and the wiki. I’m started this month with the some of the free courses and pretty much starting from scratch, 12 credits transferring in. I am currently looking at doing my BALS through TESU with with a humanities concentration. Any recommendations on degree path?
I’m starting my free courses but now wondering if i should look at Modernstates.com as well along with Institutes, Sophia, TEEX, Saylor...then move towards Study.com or SL. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks -JROE

I would download the spreadsheet templates I have in the Beginners Guide post #28/#31 (see my signature for link) and do some decision making in which courses you would like to take.  The majority of the courses I recommend are for individuals who are more into testing at home for a small nominal cost.  

If that's the case, stick with completing all the FREE credits first (Institutes, Sophia, TEEX) and take the CSM Learn course for your math requirement.  You can take all the courses at onlinedegree.com as well for 44 credits at $9/3 credits! Saylor is cheap as well.  Sophia also have sales at $297/3 courses.   Then do the remainder at StraighterLine/Study.com

The AOS LL/UL can be done with the cheap $45/$75 TEEX courses and Study.com to finish it off.  If you are strapped for cash but very close to a testing center, and you have plenty of time on your hands - then ModernStates and the FREE CLEP option is good.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Ok great! Thank you and that's very helpful. For some reason, every time I click to download the spreadsheet it takes me community.fandom and there is no link. Not sure if I am missing something?

Concerning the humanities concentration, are you aware of how many hours are needed for that specific concentration in the BALS? I wasn't sure if anyone else recently had done that concentration.
You need to skip the links until the end, the WIKI host have changed as the original provider closed the wiki. That's the reason I mentioned to view my posts links from #28/#31 on ward.

You just need 15 UL credits and 15 LL credits in total for Liberal Arts courses. If you want a specific concentration such as Humanities, you need 9 UL and 6 LL in that concentration, the other 6 UL/9LL can be in a different Liberal Arts concentration.

Examples of Humanities/Social Sciences are on the TESU webpage. You can choose a different type of course as long as it matches the subjects in the Humanities or Social Sciences. Link: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2019-and-after

BTW, you have your PM (Private messages) disabled so I couldn't reply to your message, thus I created this thread. If you have further questions, just reply to this thread and someone can assist you further.

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • JROE
(12-11-2019, 03:56 PM)JROE Wrote: Ok great! Thank you and that's very helpful. For some reason, every time I click to download the spreadsheet it takes me community.fandom and there is no link. Not sure if I am missing something?

Concerning the humanities concentration, are you aware of how many hours are needed for that specific concentration in the BALS? I wasn't sure if anyone else recently had done that concentration.

I graduated with a Humanities concentration this past June. I needed 18 hours total in Humanities - 9 UL and 9 LL. It's very easy to get the LL humanities courses - I ended up with a lot that would have qualified! It takes a little more creativity to get the UL courses, but it's still easily doable.
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
[-] The following 1 user Likes TexasTink's post:
  • JROE
Quote:bjcheung77 You need to skip the links until the end, the WIKI host have changed as the original provider closed the wiki.  That's the reason I mentioned to view my posts links from #28/#31 on ward.  

You just need 15 UL credits and 15 LL credits in total for Liberal Arts courses.  If you want a specific concentration such as Humanities, you need 9 UL and 6 LL in that concentration, the other 6 UL/9LL can be in a different Liberal Arts concentration.  

Examples of Humanities/Social Sciences are on the TESU webpage. You can choose a different type of course as long as it matches the subjects in the Humanities or Social Sciences.  Link: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2019-and-after

BTW, you have your PM (Private messages) disabled so I couldn't reply to your message, thus I created this thread.  If you have further questions, just reply to this thread and someone can assist you further.

Ok, I will look for the links that way and I think I enabled my messages, so I should be good now  Smile . Also, I had recently heard about the CSM Learn from another post, which is great. I believe this would fulfill the only math I would need in this degree, correct?

A couple of other things: 

1. I do have a question about enrollment timing at TESU for anyone. Since looking through the forums, I’ve seen a couple of different ideas concerning timing (right away and get your degree path mapped out, wait until closer to 90 and then apply). I have created the ACE registry but am assuming those cannot be sent over to TESU to be secured until enrollment. Thoughts?

2. I am pretty much starting from scratch as I do have 12 credits.  I will attach these in a picture below. I am looking at more of the cheapest option with some flex. Meaning classes or testing from home are the ideal. Are there any newer things, newer offerings that I should be aware of?

Any recommendation forward, suggestion of Degree path is much appreciated. Not sure how these classes would be slotted with TESU. I have a bunch of other ”credits” from an unaccredited institution which is my current field but I know those will not transfer over (old bible college that has closed). 

Thanks to everyone! These forums have been amazing. 

(12-11-2019, 09:15 PM)TexasTink Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 03:56 PM)JROE Wrote: Ok great! Thank you and that's very helpful. For some reason, every time I click to download the spreadsheet it takes me community.fandom and there is no link. Not sure if I am missing something?

I graduated with a Humanities concentration this past June.  I needed 18 hours total in Humanities - 9 UL and 9 LL.  It's very easy to get the LL humanities courses - I ended up with a lot that would have qualified!  It takes a little more creativity to get the UL courses, but it's still easily doable.

Where did you do your UL courses from primarily?

Attached Files
.jpeg   8013138F-F39D-4D2C-9BEE-B4CE4ADA6205.jpeg (Size: 256.15 KB / Downloads: 18)
If you read the signature, UL was all through Study.com (that's the main provider for UL credits I recommend on this forum for alternative/test-out options).

1) For other schools such as WGU or COSC/EC, is to wait for about the 90 credit mark. In your case, it's TESU, I would just apply and lock in the catalog year before March, you can send your ACE and other transcripts over for evaluation.

2) Those 12 credits will go into your General Education or FREE electives, it may even go into the LL AOS. Those credits won't be wasted, I would just continue working on the FREE courses first and then the CSM Learn, followed by Onlinedegree.com

Oh, if you have unaccredited credits OR nationally accredited ones, TESU will not take them, nor COSC - they did have an exception to this for ITT tech students, but after a "short time period" they stopped. Excelsior/WGU will accept them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,156 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch