Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JUST NEED HELP...AGAIN PLEASE
Hi, I would like to thank everyone for their help and support so far. My transcripts finally arrived and it has been evaluated by both the evaluation company and TESU and i seem to need just 27 more credits to graduate. 

1) Human Resource Management
2) Change Management
3) Sociology of Work
4) Interpersonal Communications
5) Business Law
6) Civic Engagement
7) Ethics Course
8) Living in the information Age - SOS110 (Must be taken at TESU) - Cost $1500
9) Liberal Arts Capstone (Must be taken at TESU) -Cost $1500

This is the breakdown i was given by TESU to complete my BALS - Human Resource Management

Please, can anyone kindly help me out as to where i can successfully test out these course (numbers 1 - 7)  outside study.com, CLEP and DSST, where it might also be cheaper, faster and transferable for credit with TESU. This is because, 

1) study.com can only allow you about 2 courses a month following their estimated time to complete and award your grade.
2) I have more time on my hands now up until the ending of August and i will like to finish these courses ASAP and get them done with.
3) I may be wrong, but it seems the partnership of study.com with TESU doesn't really grant much discount to students anymore, it only helps with credit transfer courses acceptable by TESU.

Thanks for your help... Smile
Study.com allows up to 5 final exams a month. Your college accelerator membership includes 2, but you can buy 3 extra at 70 each.
Business Law Business Law - BUS110 SL
Civic Engagement -American Government - POLS101 SL
Ethics course (any course code?) - Business Ethics - BUS106 SL ?

MAN-331 Human Resources Management
MAN-415 Change Management
SOC-362 Sociology of Work - SOC-362 : Sociology of Work SDC
COM-330 Interpersonal Communications
(07-11-2019, 08:48 AM)richlyblessed Wrote: ...
3) I may be wrong, but it seems the partnership of study.com with TESU doesn't really grant much discount to students anymore, it only helps with credit transfer courses acceptable by TESU.

It doesn't apply to the residency waiver anymore, but it still gives you in-state tuition rates for the cornerstone and capstone, a substantial savings.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Thanks for the info. I may be wrong, but i think i read somewhere on study.com website that you can take additional courses only after you have received a grade from the previous one and this takes about a week but this is still good to know. I will put this in mind surely, but i will also like other options too for testing out and transferring credit. Thanks.

(07-11-2019, 09:12 AM)davewill Wrote:

It doesn't apply to the residency waiver anymore, but it still gives you in-state tuition rates for the cornerstone and capstone, a substantial savings.

Yeah, Thanks Dave..It hurts because i am out of state.
(07-11-2019, 09:13 AM)richlyblessed Wrote: Thanks for the info. I may be wrong, but i think i read somewhere on study.com website that you can take additional courses only after you have received a grade from the previous one and this takes about a week but this is still good to know. I will put this in mind surely, but i will also like other options too for testing out and transferring credit. Thanks.

You don't have to wait for your final exam/course grade on Study.com - you just have to wait until you take the 2nd exam.  The moment you complete the 2nd included exam you'll have the option to purchase another - once you take that one you'll again have an option to purchase another - then the same one more time within the month (you cannot take more than 5 exams in one month)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(07-11-2019, 09:33 AM)allvia Wrote:
(07-11-2019, 09:13 AM)richlyblessed Wrote: Thanks for the info. I may be wrong, but i think i read somewhere on study.com website that you can take additional courses only after you have received a grade from the previous one and this takes about a week but this is still good to know. I will put this in mind surely, but i will also like other options too for testing out and transferring credit. Thanks.

You don't have to wait for your final exam/course grade on Study.com - you just have to wait until you take the 2nd exam.  The moment you complete the 2nd included exam you'll have the option to purchase another - once you take that one you'll again have an option to purchase another - then the same one more time within the month (you cannot take more than 5 exams in one month)

Thanks allvia... I will definitely look into that too but any other options outside study.com?
(07-11-2019, 09:36 AM)richlyblessed Wrote:

Thanks allvia... I will definitely look into that too but any other options outside study.com?

The courses that you need - do you need them to be UL? or will LL work? That would make a difference on your options.
Also, am I correct that you are not in the US - that too makes a difference of what would be available.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

There are lots of ways to take these, both LL & UL for some. You will want to take at least 2 from Study.com to get the discount, which makes each course $1,137.
2) Change Management - Study.com BUS 304: Leading Organizational Change (UL)
3) Sociology of Work - Study.com (UL)

1) Human Resource Management - DSST (LL), UExcel (UL), Study.com (LL), E4C (UL), Coopersmith (LL), PF (LL)
4) Interpersonal Communications - Study.com (LL), CSU-Global (UL), UExcel (LL), PF (LL)
5) Business Law - Saylor, CLEP, UExcel, SL, Davar, Study.com, Ed4Credit, CSU-Global
6) Civic Engagement (Am Govt or Comparative Politics) - CLEP, Saylor, ICC, SL, Davar, Study.com, TECEP, E4C, WGU Academy,
7) Ethics Course - The Institutes (free), TEEX (free), Saylor, DSST (3), UExcel (3), TECEP, SL, Davar, Study.com (6), Coopersmith, Sophia
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-11-2019, 09:41 AM)allvia Wrote:
(07-11-2019, 09:36 AM)richlyblessed Wrote:

The courses that you need - do you need them to be UL? or will LL work? That would make a difference on your options.
Also, am I correct that you are not in the US - that too makes a difference of what would be available.

well i need them to be UL at least 3 units to make up the 27 units i need and i am in the United States.
(07-11-2019, 09:13 AM)richlyblessed Wrote:
(07-11-2019, 09:12 AM)davewill Wrote:

Yeah, Thanks Dave..It hurts because i am out of state.
You're misunderstanding. The SDC discount gives out of state students (like you) in state tuition.

If it's a bummer for anyone, it's in state students who get no additional discount.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?