Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jain University 100% Online (India) - MBA ~$3,000
Jain University (India) is offering completely online MBA with various specializations. Tuition is about $2,600 and total comes to ~$3,000. All degrees are UGC approved (which is the only and the gold standard in India and will probably be evaluated as RA in the USA).
https://online.jainuniversity.ac.in/mast...ne-degrees

For tuition and other details, click on each specialization. For example MBA in ITM:
https://online.jainuniversity.ac.in/mba-...ernational

They are also offering some UG degrees (B.Com, and BBA) as well as an MCA with many specializations for under $4,000.

And yes  - these are 100% online (including assessments), and they published the prices in USD too so I presume they welcome international students.
Wow. That's something. Looks like the UGC's more open position to online learning is coming through. But does the school require an AIU evaluation? Recently, I inquired about Manipal University Jaipur's programs for research purposes and was told by their admission's director that an AIU evaluation was required. The problem with AIU evaluations for U.S. students with degrees earned online is that--at least at the time in early 2021--the AIU would not evaluate degrees earned online outside of India.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eLearner's post:
  • openair
(07-30-2021, 12:11 PM)eLearner Wrote: Wow. That's something. Looks like the UGC's more open position to online learning is coming through. But does the school require an AIU evaluation? Recently, I inquired about Manipal University Jaipur's programs for research purposes and was told by their admission's director that an AIU evaluation was required. The problem with AIU evaluations for U.S. students with degrees earned online is that--at least at the time in early 2021--the AIU would not evaluate degrees earned online outside of India.

Unfortunately, that might be the case:
  • Candidates must have a 10 + 2 + 3-year bachelor's degree from a recognized university/institution or an equivalent qualification as recognized by the Association of Indian Universities or other competent bodies, in any discipline.
So I assume the AIU evaluation might still be required. And I haven't seen AIU changing their stance on 100% online degrees earned outside of India.
Jain University will not accept online bachelor’s degrees earned through TESU, COSC, WGU etc. I am from India, and approached Jain for a Master’s in Psychology. They rejected my application stating that online degrees are not accepted, even if they are from RA universities in the US. Seems the UGC has directed all universities in India to not accept online degrees earned outside India. So, my degrees from TESU & Walden are actually not deemed legitimate in India. I cannot apply for a PhD in any Indian university. Government orgs will not employ me. But private companies would still be willing to offer me a job.

I am also not sure if Jain University’s degrees are 100% online. When I approached them for MS-Psych. last year, they told me the classes would happen online. But the exams would happen at designated centers across India. Also, I will need to attend 2 weekend seminars per year at their campus.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 2 users Like Supermind's post:
  • eLearner, openair
(07-31-2021, 10:56 AM)Supermind Wrote: Jain University will not accept online bachelor’s degrees earned through TESU, COSC, WGU etc. I am from India, and approached Jain for a Master’s in Psychology. They rejected my application stating that online degrees are not accepted, even if they are from RA universities in the US. Seems the UGC has directed all universities in India to not accept online degrees earned outside India. So, my degrees from TESU & Walden are actually not deemed legitimate in India. I cannot apply for a PhD in any Indian university. Government orgs will not employ me. But private companies would still be willing to offer me a job.

I am also not sure if Jain University’s degrees are 100% online. When I approached them for MS-Psych. last year, they told me the classes would happen online. But the exams would happen at designated centers across India. Also, I will need to attend 2 weekend seminars per year at their campus.

Great info. 

Do you know what is the UGC's reasoning is for having a stance against degrees earned online outside of India?
(07-31-2021, 11:31 AM)eLearner Wrote:
(07-31-2021, 10:56 AM)Supermind Wrote: Jain University will not accept online bachelor’s degrees earned through TESU, COSC, WGU etc. I am from India, and approached Jain for a Master’s in Psychology. They rejected my application stating that online degrees are not accepted, even if they are from RA universities in the US. Seems the UGC has directed all universities in India to not accept online degrees earned outside India. So, my degrees from TESU & Walden are actually not deemed legitimate in India. I cannot apply for a PhD in any Indian university. Government orgs will not employ me. But private companies would still be willing to offer me a job.

Great info. 

Do you know what is the UGC's reasoning is for having a stance against degrees earned online outside of India?

Small correction. It is the AIU (Association of Indian Universities) that evaluates foreign degrees, and they will not evaluate degrees obtained through pathways or  open/distance/correspondence/online/virtual modes. No reason given. See page 23 of the pdf:
https://www.aiu.ac.in/documents/evaluati...ochure.pdf
[-] The following 1 user Likes msganti's post:
  • eLearner
I suspect it's because degrees gotten online are expected to be fraudulent. And that's why India still does in-person exams for the most part.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • eLearner, msganti
(07-31-2021, 12:01 PM)msganti Wrote:
(07-31-2021, 11:31 AM)eLearner Wrote:

Great info. 

Small correction. It is the AIU (Association of Indian Universities) that evaluates foreign degrees, and they will not evaluate degrees obtained through pathways or  open/distance/correspondence/online/virtual modes. No reason given. See page 23 of the pdf:
https://www.aiu.ac.in/documents/evaluati...ochure.pdf

Ah, yeah, I read some stuff from them about this in 2019 or so and was puzzled. I thought based on your post that the UGC had taken a new officially-written stance on it. Thanks for clarifying.

Well, your information is still helpful. There are plenty of offline degree holders, as crazy as that may seem to us online degree nuts, lol.

(07-31-2021, 12:04 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I suspect it's because degrees gotten online are expected to be fraudulent. And that's why India still does in-person exams for the most part.

Makes sense. There used to be a lot of spoken concern about that here in the United States with our own online programs, too. I tend to think that while there is always a percentage of people who will cheat things, I believe most people do their own work for the self-satisfaction of it. 

I can't help but think of all the money they're leaving on the table by doing this. Maybe they can hook up with Proctor U or Examity, have the students outside of India pay for the exams, and then that way they can be mostly certain that nobody is cheating the exams? I dunno, just an idea. There's probably even more to it than that, but for some reason I keep thinking Don Bosco University did this at one time or still does but through their own system, no Proctor U or Examity. I think it was them I got that information from once. I gotta look into it again.
(07-31-2021, 12:04 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I suspect it's because degrees gotten online are expected to be fraudulent. And that's why India still does in-person exams for the most part.
I believe there are two parts to this skepticism. One is that online degrees are likely to be fraudulent. Secondly, Jain University mentioned something about being unable to fathom how a 4-year degree was completed in 10 months. I told them they are welcome to call up TESU and inquire how this works. Seems online degrees might be accepted in India if they are of almost the same duration as an offline degree. So, if I took, say 3.5 years to complete a 4-year degree, perhaps, they might be open to considering it. But these CBE and Tempo-based degrees are not accepted.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
I think it's not JAIN but the AIU. Every UGC recognized university have to follow UGC guidelines, and AIU evaluation is a UGC requirement.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 2 60 53 minutes ago
Last Post: ss20ts
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 681 4 hours ago
Last Post: MichiganMax
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 1,790 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,087 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 27 17,515 04-07-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: David1477
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 492 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,281 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  New Zealand Online Degrees doyouhowdo1 1 334 03-31-2024, 10:46 AM
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 365 03-28-2024, 12:40 AM
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 597 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado