Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Juggling the big 3 (degree plan/path) - bit long
You should ask why CIS-360 won't go into the AOS, so we know what's going on there. And I'm assuming you said it was on the eval from ACE, and you instead means on the eval from TESU?

More moving:
Move Intro to Nutrition down to the AOS LL.
Move COM-203 from AOS to Gen Ed
Move SOS-240 from AOS to Gen Ed

That should fill your LL AOS with exactly 15cr.

What is Human Cultures??
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-01-2018, 03:44 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You should ask why CIS-360 won't go into the AOS, so we know what's going on there.   And I'm assuming you said it was on the eval from ACE, and you instead means on the eval from TESU?

Weird that an E-Commerce class would come into TESU as a CIS course. I would think it should be MAR or maybe BUS based on the ACE description.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
They said that CIS-360 won't work in AOS, because these are the only ones they'll place there: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2...After2.cfm

"Thanks for the email. CIS-360 is not able to satisfy credits in the AOS elective section. You can choose courses for the Liberal Studies AOS electives from here -- https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2...After2.cfm.

CIS-344 CAN BE USED as a general education elective. I have made that adjustment and you can see it on your academic evaluation. "
(03-01-2018, 05:28 PM)Cheeseburrito Wrote: They said that CIS-360 won't work in AOS, because these are the only ones they'll place there: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2...After2.cfm

"Thanks for the email. CIS-360 is not able to satisfy credits in the AOS elective section. You can choose courses for the Liberal Studies AOS electives from here -- https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2...After2.cfm.

CIS-344 CAN BE USED as a general education elective. I have made that adjustment and you can see it on your academic evaluation. "

Whoever you talked to is an idiot, there are CIS courses on that list.  There has to be another reason, like "it's more applied than theory so won't fit into the AOS."  Something like that.

Usually if a course can be used as a Gen Ed elective, then it can be used in the AOS for a BALS!!!
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
LOL, I'd like to know too as the course has a CIS course prefix. It should come in as a Computer Info System course and at the 300 level. Those are Gen Ed for sure and should go into any CIS/CS program. I would ask the question again if you need it into your BALS UL AOS with No Concentration, if you're going for a different concentration, then it should not fit in the AOS.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
dfrecore inspired me to submit to Excelsior and determine if they'd be a viable option as a backup to TESU as they gave me a bucket of credits for my NREMT-P.

At this stage I have been awarded 91 credits and I've attached EC's breakdown of what is left so you can see. I would be happy to send over my actual PDF evaluation to anyone who wants to look. It just has my name and such on it, so I have to edit it out.

EC did not evaluate the following from my ACE:
PADI-0007, SOPH-0021, SOPH-0026, TEEX-0250, TEEX-0251
Likely because they are LL and I appear to be maxed out there.

I'm confused. I guess my capstone counts as UL, so that's 3 credits there, right? What other courses can I take (path of least resistance) to complete this? What's with the depth levels, and how do I satisfy those while also satisfying the other requirements?

TESU is still in the running and I am registered and paid for the capstone there. But I don't have much time to make a decision. I have to withdrawal from the TESU capstone by April 1st if I want a 100% refund.

Gosh. I know this is scattered but I am not familiar with this process and honestly I'm out of my element.

Thank you for any help or clarity you can provide.

Attached Files
.png   Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 10.18.31 PM.png (Size: 153.46 KB / Downloads: 10)
1. Prep Phase: Hopeless, 15 credits, need a BA fast, never heard of TESU
2. TESU BALS: 121/120 (9 months)

3. RN Paramedic Bridge - Excelsior (9 months + CPNE wait)
4. WGU RN -> BSN
5. BSN -> MSN/FNP
I do not know EC's program well, so I can't help much there.

I can tell you though, that they are picky about the written English requirement - they will not take CLEP - you have to either take it at a school, the expensive UExcel exam ($355) or the SL course. That alone might be a deal-breaker for you, I'm not sure.

I don't know what your depths are, so I can't recommend UL courses there for you. If you wanted to give some additional info, that might be helpful.

Did you try to get the Insurance Ethics course accepted as your Ethics requirement?

I think you're down to just your 30cr of UL left, and I can tell you some courses, if you give some guidance.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Cheeseburrito
(03-21-2018, 01:10 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I do not know EC's program well, so I can't help much there.

I can tell you though, that they are picky about the written English requirement - they will not take CLEP - you have to either take it at a school, the expensive UExcel exam ($355) or the SL course.  That alone might be a deal-breaker for you, I'm not sure.

I don't know what your depths are, so I can't recommend UL courses there for you.  If you wanted to give some additional info, that might be helpful.

Did you try to get the Insurance Ethics course accepted as your Ethics requirement?

I think you're down to just your 30cr of UL left, and I can tell you some courses, if you give some guidance.

History and Politics are my forte so anything in that realm will keep me interested in completing the course.

I have English Comp II done, and am enrolled in Eng Comp I at SL which should be done soon. Will that work for the requirement?

As for the ethics class I definitely need to ask about that one. They didn't count it towards the requirement for some reason.

Attached Files
.png   Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 11.26.45 PM.png (Size: 61.03 KB / Downloads: 8)

4. WGU RN -> BSN
5. BSN -> MSN/FNP
I would go with Study.com's UL History courses then, and the DSST's.

Study.com
HIS 306: The American Civil War Era (ACE and NCCRS recommended as UL)
HIS 308: Causes & Effects of the Vietnam War (NCCRS recommended as UL)

DSST (all 3 are ACE recommended as UL)
The Civil War and Reconstruction
A History of the Vietnam War
History of the Soviet Union
These won't duplicate? I already have study.com's Vietnam war 100 level class on my transcript, too.

4. WGU RN -> BSN
5. BSN -> MSN/FNP

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,203 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,859 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,344 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,675 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,870 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,778 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,008 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  TESU English Career Path? renaissancewoman87 14 4,751 08-27-2018, 08:19 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,965 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,326 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627