Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
July 2018 current fees at the Big 3
I didn't see anyone mention, but the application fee at COSC has been reduced to $50. Not a huge savings, I know, but $25 is $25.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
(07-26-2018, 02:46 PM)Tedium Wrote: I didn't see anyone mention, but the application fee at COSC has been reduced to $50. Not a huge savings, I know, but $25 is $25.

Yep, any little savings is good. They did do a free application period early this year so perhaps we can keep an eye out for those in the future.

Quote:COSC
114cr
Application fee $75
Tuition for cornerstone $1224
Tuition for capstone $1224
Student Services Fee $354 (per semester)
Technology fee $68
Graduation fee $215
Total fees without 114cr $3160
At least 30cr have to be UL, so that's going to cost an additional ~$1000
Speech & global understanding are required, for an additional $200
A lab is required for an additional $40 minimum (Study.com)
Total minimum cost $4400

In addition to the $25 off the app fee, there needs to be some other adjustments here. 

COSC has a scholarship deal with Straighterline whereby if you take 4 courses through them you get a 10% discount on your COSC tuition, which makes that a savings of at least $244.80.

Additionally, COSC accepts free FEMA credits direct so you could save quite a bit that way. I don't remember the amount of those available exactly, but I'm thinking somewhere in the ballpark of around 40 credits or so that could be gotten free. Now, how many you actually will need to fill in free electives in your program is a different question, but you could save quite a bit that way.

The speech requirement at COSC can be waived if you have a history of public speaking to reference.

Also 'global understanding' isn't anything special or additional, you can fulfill it taking a variety of basic courses available everywhere (such as environmental science). 

The lab thing is annoying, but you could take it at SL and count it toward one of the 4 courses toward getting the discount.
[-] The following 1 user Likes txnicole's post:
  • Murdockb
(07-27-2018, 06:34 PM)txnicole Wrote:
(07-26-2018, 02:46 PM)Tedium Wrote: I didn't see anyone mention, but the application fee at COSC has been reduced to $50. Not a huge savings, I know, but $25 is $25.

Yep, any little savings is good. They did do a free application period early this year so perhaps we can keep an eye out for those in the future.

Quote:COSC
114cr
Application fee $75
Tuition for cornerstone $1224
Tuition for capstone $1224
Student Services Fee $354 (per semester)
Technology fee $68
Graduation fee $215
Total fees without 114cr $3160
At least 30cr have to be UL, so that's going to cost an additional ~$1000
Speech & global understanding are required, for an additional $200
A lab is required for an additional $40 minimum (Study.com)
Total minimum cost $4400

In addition to the $25 off the app fee, there needs to be some other adjustments here. 

COSC has a scholarship deal with Straighterline whereby if you take 4 courses through them you get a 10% discount on your COSC tuition, which makes that a savings of at least $244.80.

Additionally, COSC accepts free FEMA credits direct so you could save quite a bit that way. I don't remember the amount of those available exactly, but I'm thinking somewhere in the ballpark of around 40 credits or so that could be gotten free. Now, how many you actually will need to fill in free electives in your program is a different question, but you could save quite a bit that way.

The speech requirement at COSC can be waived if you have a history of public speaking to reference.

Also 'global understanding' isn't anything special or additional, you can fulfill it taking a variety of basic courses available everywhere (such as environmental science). 

The lab thing is annoying, but you could take it at SL and count it toward one of the 4 courses toward getting the discount.

This is also based on people starting from scratch, which is rarely the case, so that changes things as well.  Obviously everyone will be different.

The $25 discount off the application fee was done after I did this post, I went according to the website the day I posted it.  Obviously we can't stay current if they change their pricing.

Regarding using SL to get a discount, the problem there is it could easily cost you more than $244 to take your courses - meaning you're spending more to try to save...not enough.  WGU has the same issue, and I don't recommend people take SL courses just for the discount.  Also, if you take a lab from SL, it's going to cost an additional $100 minimum for the lab kit, making it too expensive for my blood.  But to each his own.

For Global Understanding, it doesn't look like it could be taken anywhere to me, but maybe I'm not understanding their requirements.  Here's what it says on COSC's website:

Examples: Religions of the World, Cultural Anthropology, Comparative Economic Systems, Comparative Political Systems, International Business, International Economics, International Marketing, Introduction to Modern Middle East.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I just noticed TESU updated their costs & tuitions page for Study.com partnership.
Link: https://www.tesu.edu/studycom/costs-tuition

2018-2019 Comprehensive Tuition
Study.com Students $6,350
For students who plan to take 21 credits or more via TESU courses in a single year.

2018-2019 Per Credit Tuition
Study.com Students $366 per credit registered
For students who plan to take for up to 18 credits or less via TESU courses in a single year

Application Fee $75
Includes official TESU academic evaluation and access to TESU advising.

Residency Waiver Fee for Study.com Students $2,200
This fee is applicable for students who earn less than 16 credits via TESU courses for an associates or bachelors’ degree.

TECEP 100-level and 200-level $25 per credit registered
TECEP 300-level and 400-level $75 per credit registered

Graduation Fee $332
This fee is paid the year of graduation.
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
Resideny waiver is now $2200!!? Wew!!! That is a lot of money. Well I already did the cornerstone and am doing the capstone. So thats 4 cr down. Hmmm well 12 cr would be $4392...and the waiver is $2200....I'm thinking of putting the extra and getting 4 courses in some hard to find stuff. Like I think I could get a math or comp sci BA...hmmm....I'm thinking Operating Systems, Computer Architecture, Data structures and discrete math. I already have the MIS...do software engineering, the two from study.com....and the reaminder can be LL right? Like teex, SL C++ and IT and stuff..cause that $2200 seems like a lot to pay!
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

As far as I understood, the residency waiver is still $1800 if you are study.com affiliated....
(07-31-2018, 10:33 AM)Excellente Wrote: As far as I understood, the residency waiver is still $1800 if you are study.com affiliated....

It was updated around July 21st - it is still discounted but not as much as it was prior to July. The new residency wavier rate for Study.com affiliation for July 2018 - June 2019 is $2,200

Details Link Here: https://www.tesu.edu/studycom/costs-tuition
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(07-28-2018, 12:38 AM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: I just noticed TESU updated their costs & tuitions page for Study.com partnership.

For students who plan to take 21 credits or more via TESU courses in a single year.

For students who plan to take for up to 18 credits or less via TESU courses in a single year

Application Fee  $75

Residency Waiver Fee for Study.com Students  $2,200
This fee is applicable for students who earn less than 16 credits via TESU courses for an associates or bachelors’ degree.

Graduation Fee  $332

How do I make sense of what I'll expect to pay if I'm on the Study.com discount, and don't expect to take any TESU classes, except the bare minimum that they require?
(08-01-2018, 05:59 AM)Pelican Wrote:
(07-28-2018, 12:38 AM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: I just noticed TESU updated their costs & tuitions page for Study.com partnership.

Application Fee  $75

Residency Waiver Fee for Study.com Students  $2,200

Graduation Fee  $332

How do I make sense of what I'll expect to pay if I'm on the Study.com discount, and don't expect to take any TESU classes, except the bare minimum that they require?

Assuming you're talking about a bachelor's degree (and not the data science degree - which doesn't require a capstone), if you transfer in 117 credits then the bare minimum is the following:

$75 Application fee
$300 Cornerstone course (1 credit)
$1,098 Capstone course (3 credits)
$2,200 Residency Waiver fee
$332 Graduation fee
-----------------
$4,005 total ($3,705 with cornerstone waiver)

The cornerstone is a required course, but you may request a waiver (saving $300) after doing either of the following:
  1. Pay the residency waiver fee - may need to verify that this is still the case, it was prior to July 1st.
  2. Transfer in at least 104 credits as part of the initial evaluation. (From what I've read, the 104 credits technically need to be included on the initial credit evaluation to grant the waiver, but I'm pretty sure it can be on any eval, not just the first one.)
Note: You used to be able to get the cornerstone requirement waived with Study.com affiliation, but that option was recently rescinded.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(08-01-2018, 06:47 AM)Merlin Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 05:59 AM)Pelican Wrote: How do I make sense of what I'll expect to pay if I'm on the Study.com discount, and don't expect to take any TESU classes, except the bare minimum that they require?

Assuming you're talking about a bachelor's degree (and not the data science degree - which doesn't require a capstone), if you transfer in 117 credits then the bare minimum is the following:

$75 Application fee
$366 Cornerstone course (1 credit)
$1,098 Capstone course (3 credits)
$2,200 Residency Waiver fee
$332 Graduation fee
-----------------
$4,071 total

The cornerstone is a required course, but you may request a waiver (saving $366) after doing either of the following:

1. Pay the residency waiver fee - may need to verify that this is still the case, it was prior to July 1st.
  2. Transfer in at least 104 credits as part of the initial evaluation. (From what I've read, the 104 credits technically need to be included on the initial credit evaluation to grant the waiver, but I'm pretty sure it can be on any eval, not just the first one.)
Note: You used to be able to get the cornerstone requirement waived with Study.com affiliation, but that option was recently rescinded.

TESU has removed all reference to waiving the Cornerstone for any reason (as of July 2018) - so it should be assumed that the Cornerstone $366 is a requirement just like the Capstone course.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question TESU - current status "Applicant" - how to change to "Enrolled?" Kelly Green 3 2,060 09-07-2018, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TESU BALS 2018 - All Online seaweedhead 5 2,922 08-23-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
Exclamation 2018/2019 Updated Associates Degree Plan Options?! Mikele8 10 2,934 08-23-2018, 09:47 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,092 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Post-June 2018 TESU prices? Pelican 1 1,329 07-30-2018, 11:00 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Enrolled in the Business Capstone course for the July Term. Anybody else? camjenks 25 4,998 07-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Last Post: keokat
  Excelsior annual fees homeschoolmom1 1 1,266 07-14-2018, 11:27 PM
  2018 Commencement lmckown 10 2,620 07-02-2018, 08:20 PM
Last Post: 1thomasP
  Congrats to TESU June 2018 Graduates! dfrecore 16 3,113 06-12-2018, 12:46 PM
  Age waiver denied from TESU. Policy changed Jan. 1, 2018 stampbuyme 61 11,585 05-31-2018, 08:05 PM
Last Post: a2jc4life