Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
July 2018 current fees at the Big 3
(08-01-2018, 06:56 AM)allvia Wrote: TESU has removed all reference to waiving the Cornerstone for any reason (as of July 2018) - so it should be assumed that the Cornerstone $366 is a requirement just like the Capstone course.

The waiver of the cornerstone wasn't listed on the website. Well, I know that the residency fee payment waiver option wasn't listed, so you may want to verify with TESU to be sure. Likewise with the 104 credits waiver, I don't think that was listed on the website either, but I may be misremembering. In both cases, I first saw them in emails from TESU advising.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(08-01-2018, 07:01 AM)Merlin Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 06:56 AM)allvia Wrote: TESU has removed all reference to waiving the Cornerstone for any reason (as of July 2018) - so it should be assumed that the Cornerstone $366 is a requirement just like the Capstone course.

The waiver of the cornerstone wasn't listed on the website. Well, I know that the residency fee payment waiver option wasn't listed, so you may want to verify with TESU to be sure. Likewise with the 104 credits waiver, I don't think that was listed on the website either, but I may be misremembering. In both cases, I first saw them in emails from TESU advising.

The residency wavier fee has been listed since it went into effect on the TESU Fees page? and the Cornerstone wavier had been listed on the Per Credit Tuition Plan page (fine print) up until a few weeks ago. It would be great if it was still possible, but there have been a few postings on the forum recently of people who have been told by TESU that cornerstone waivers where no longer an option. For this reason it is probably better to assume it is a requirement  and budget for it.  I know you can't waive it at COSC either;  I'm not sure if EC has one at all. TESU is still a great value overall.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Today TESU told me they can’t waive the cornerstone for me because I didn’t transfer at least 104 credits all at one time. (I knew I’d find a way to screw that up.)

They also said I’ll pay $1,800 for the residency requirement waiver with the Study.com partnership discount. However, I thought I read that the discount was recently decreased. Was it?

Even if it has changed, I wonder if TESU would honor the $1,800 figure, since they quoted it to me in writing (via email). Perhaps if I wish with all my heart on the brightest star in the night sky?

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
Kietro, there is no need to wish for anything - did they email you a link to pay for the Residency Waiver fee? If you email them and ask to pay for it, if they charge you $1800. Just pay for it right away. You will have 1 full year from that date to finish your studies. It's a great motivational tool as well, hahaha... keeps you accountable and helps you set your schedule and time management to get everything done by then.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • kietro
(08-01-2018, 01:24 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Kietro, there is no need to wish for anything - did they email you a link to pay for the Residency Waiver fee? If you email them and ask to pay for it, if they charge you $1800. Just pay for it right away. You will have 1 full year from that date to finish your studies. It's a great motivational tool as well, hahaha... keeps you accountable and helps you set your schedule and time management to get everything done by then.

That’s a great idea, thanks! Unfortunately, they didn’t send me a link; an advisor emailed me about my external credit sources and just mentioned that I’ll need to pay the $1,800 fee at some point. I guess should ask if I can pay it. That’ll definitely keep me accountable.
(08-01-2018, 11:01 AM)allvia Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 07:01 AM)Merlin Wrote:

The residency wavier fee has been listed since it went into effect on the TESU Fees page? and the Cornerstone wavier had been listed on the Per Credit Tuition Plan page (fine print) up until a few weeks ago. It would be great if it was still possible, but there have been a few postings on the forum recently of people who have been told by TESU that cornerstone waivers where no longer an option. For this reason it is probably better to assume it is a requirement  and budget for it.  I know you can't waive it at COSC either;  I'm not sure if EC has one at all. TESU is still a great value overall.

No, you misunderstand me. I'm not talking about the residency fee waiver itself. I mean the option to waive the cornerstone after paying the residency fee. That was never listed on the website, but rather was communicated via advising as an option and confirmed by multiple students over the last few years.

As far as I know, the only cornerstone waiver options listed on the website itself were the Study.com cornerstone waiver (which has been rescinded) and the option to waive with 104 credits transferred in (which still seems to be available, per recent comments from advising).
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(07-02-2018, 01:09 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I looked up costs as of today.  COSC just raised their rates, so now all 3 schools are within $500 of each other, which in my book means there's no clear cut winner.  It totally depends on which degree you want (which school offers it), how many credits you're bringing in, where they'll fit best, and finally how long it will take to finish.  The ONLY reason I would choose TESU over the others is because they only require 12/15cr of UL (plus capstone), and that I know where everything fits (meaning I know their degree requirements better than the other 2, so I can give better guidance).  I would not recommend them based solely on cost.

This is based on taking the remaining courses from CLEP/Modern States for free, or low cost courses through Saylor.  COSC has an additional free option for FEMA IS courses.

TESU (utilizing study.com discount)
117cr
Application fee $75
Tuition for capstone $1098
Residency waiver $1800
Graduation fee $332
Total fees without 117cr $3305
At least 12cr (for a BSBA) or 15cr (for BALS) have to be UL, so that's going to cost an additional $400/$500
Speech is required, for an additional $100
Total minimum cost $3805/$3905

COSC
114cr
Application fee $75
Tuition for cornerstone $1224
Tuition for capstone $1224
Student Services Fee $354 (per semester)
Technology fee $68
Graduation fee $215
Total fees without 114cr $3160
At least 30cr have to be UL, so that's going to cost an additional ~$1000
Speech & global understanding are required, for an additional $200
A lab is required for an additional $40 minimum (Study.com)
Total minimum cost $4400

EC
117cr
Application fee $50
Tuition for capstone $1530
Enrollment fee $1095
Graduation fee $495
Total fees without 117cr $3170
At least 30cr have to be UL, so that's going to cost an additional ~$1000
Info lit is required, for an additional $100
Total minimum cost $4270

Where did you get $1800 for the TESU residency waiver? Their website says it's $2200...nevermind I should have read the whole thread first
(08-01-2018, 01:08 PM)kietro Wrote: Today TESU told me they can’t waive the cornerstone for me because I didn’t transfer at least 104 credits all at one time. (I knew I’d find a way to screw that up.)

They also said I’ll pay $1,800 for the residency requirement waiver with the Study.com partnership discount. However, I thought I read that the discount was recently decreased. Was it?

Even if it has changed, I wonder if TESU would honor the $1,800 figure, since they quoted it to me in writing (via email). Perhaps if I wish with all my heart on the brightest star in the night sky?

How did this go for you? Were you able to pay the fee at the discounted rate? (Wondering what I could say in an email myself to get them to quote the discount price to me, if you have advice...)
|| TESU English: Senior
(09-04-2018, 02:33 PM)KawJa Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 01:08 PM)kietro Wrote: Today TESU told me they can’t waive the cornerstone for me because I didn’t transfer at least 104 credits all at one time. (I knew I’d find a way to screw that up.)

How did this go for you? Were you able to pay the fee at the discounted rate? (Wondering what I could say in an email myself to get them to quote the discount price to me, if you have advice...)

Sorry, I’m actually still trying to get myself coded as a Study.com transfer. My transcript is taking longer than usual (I’m told) to reach TESU. I’ll keep following up. Then I’ll see what I can do about the discount and keep you posted.

Based on the policy change, I’m assuming I’ll end up having to both take the cornerstone and pay the $2,200 residency requirement waiver, but anything is possible, I guess?
(09-04-2018, 04:49 PM)kietro Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 02:33 PM)KawJa Wrote:

Sorry, I’m actually still trying to get myself coded as a Study.com transfer. My transcript is taking longer than usual (I’m told) to reach TESU. I’ll keep following up. Then I’ll see what I can do about the discount and keep you posted.

Based on the policy change, I’m assuming I’ll end up having to both take the cornerstone and pay the $2,200 residency requirement waiver, but anything is possible, I guess?
Well, the good news is that I'm now enrolled for the October term. However, per TESU's updated policy, I'll have to take the cornerstone -- and it seems I'll be coughing up $2,200 for the residency requirement waiver. KawJa, I'm sorry that I don't have any loopholes or Jedi mind tricks to share. *waves hand* This isn't the answer you're looking for.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question TESU - current status "Applicant" - how to change to "Enrolled?" Kelly Green 3 2,021 09-07-2018, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TESU BALS 2018 - All Online seaweedhead 5 2,889 08-23-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
Exclamation 2018/2019 Updated Associates Degree Plan Options?! Mikele8 10 2,894 08-23-2018, 09:47 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,053 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Post-June 2018 TESU prices? Pelican 1 1,308 07-30-2018, 11:00 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Enrolled in the Business Capstone course for the July Term. Anybody else? camjenks 25 4,901 07-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Last Post: keokat
  Excelsior annual fees homeschoolmom1 1 1,239 07-14-2018, 11:27 PM
  2018 Commencement lmckown 10 2,596 07-02-2018, 08:20 PM
Last Post: 1thomasP
  Congrats to TESU June 2018 Graduates! dfrecore 16 3,080 06-12-2018, 12:46 PM
  Age waiver denied from TESU. Policy changed Jan. 1, 2018 stampbuyme 61 11,479 05-31-2018, 08:05 PM
Last Post: a2jc4life