Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
July 2022 - $20 Discount @ Sophia for new members
I just got a promotional email from Sophia with a code that give new members $20 off their first month. It's valid for 30 days so should be good through 12th August.
At the checkout, use the code 'FRIEND20'

It says valid only for the first month. I do not know if the discount works on the multimonth packages. For sake of completeness its just a straight discount code, not a referral system in that I get no benefit Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like MidLifeCrisis's post:
  • LevelUP, origamishuttle, ss20ts, vintage_jacket
I already have an account (but not an active subscription) and the code worked for me. Only the 1 month subscription includes a slot for a promo code (not 6 or 12 month options).
[-] The following 1 user Likes dbinghamjr's post:
  • origamishuttle
LOL, it works for renewing my membership! Haha, I just renewed it for $79.20 - Well, finally got the time to do it, why not when there is a coupon code!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • ashkir, gams007, origamishuttle
(07-12-2022, 04:39 PM)MidLifeCrisis Wrote: I just got a promotional email from Sophia with a code that give new members $20 off their first month. It's valid for 30 days so should be good through 12th August.
At the checkout, use the code 'FRIEND20'

It says valid only for the first month. I do not know if the discount works on the multimonth packages. For sake of completeness its just a straight discount code, not a referral system in that I get no benefit Smile

Thanks for the code. I will have to try it soon just to see if it's still valid by chance. Could you tell me what's the best way to go about signing up? I see the website already says "sign up for a free trial" so how does the coupon work?

I read the wiki already, but I'm not sure I understand how I can sign up for many courses but only be active in two? Are they on my dashboard but "locked" or something?

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...rning,_LLC

FAQ section from Sophia... 
Are you limited to two courses each month?
"You can take as many courses as you'd like each month and are allowed to be active in two courses at the same time. "
In Progress RA Deg./Cert.: AAS Business with Marketing concentration, and Certificate, 2024
In Progress Cert.: Google PM and IT Support | CAPM
Completed: Certificate and ALS - Community College (RA), 2022, 2023

CLEP: 5 courses | Sophia.org: 1 course | and many non-credits...
That code is outdated. Use 'BTS22' for 25% off at the moment.

You can only have 2 active courses by default. As soon as you finish one you can self enroll into another, hence you can get through stacks in a month if you want to.

However, some courses also have touchstones which need to be graded. If you have two courses and have done everything such that you are just waiting for the grading, you can get in touch with them via live chat and they will manually add you into a third, fourth, fifth course etc.
UMPI - BLS (Management and Political Science) - Start Aug 2022
Sophia - 64 Credits - Most classes done
Saylor - Intro to Poli Sci, Intro to Comparitive Politics, Customer Service
Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate
[-] The following 1 user Likes MidLifeCrisis's post:
  • vintage_jacket
(08-17-2022, 07:54 PM)MidLifeCrisis Wrote: That code is outdated. Use 'BTS22' for 25% off at the moment.

You can only have 2 active courses by default. As soon as you finish one you can self enroll into another, hence you can get through stacks in a month if you want to.

However, some courses also have touchstones which need to be graded. If you have two courses and have done everything such that you are just waiting for the grading, you can get in touch with them via live chat and they will manually add you into a third, fourth, fifth course etc.

Thank you! Just signed up for my first course.
In Progress RA Deg./Cert.: AAS Business with Marketing concentration, and Certificate, 2024
In Progress Cert.: Google PM and IT Support | CAPM
Completed: Certificate and ALS - Community College (RA), 2022, 2023

CLEP: 5 courses | Sophia.org: 1 course | and many non-credits...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 101 52,377 Yesterday, 06:22 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 381 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,798 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,870 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,397 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 3 604 03-01-2024, 09:13 PM
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 3,962 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 9 563 02-17-2024, 01:56 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,811 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares