Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just did my first TECEP! Technical Writing.
I want to be enrolled before Jan because of the whole UL thing with study.com. That meant either doing a TECEP or taking the cornerstone. 

Technical Writing is still exactly the exam sample they provide. I'm not an english native but I think I will pass, I just passed business com with study.com and it mostly cover the areas of this exam.

Worst case scenario I will take the cornerstone in December to get my enrolled status.
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
[-] The following 1 user Likes posabsolute's post:
  • cookderosa
There are no essays required, right? Any weird "word count" issues that people have warned about when referring to the English Comp TECEPs? Thanks for the review!
So if you look at the exam sample, it's basically 3 small "essay" (you need to write documents: email, procedure, audience-driven message), then questions on visual in communications. There was a word count requirement, I counted by hand.

Looking back I did some mistakes on the visual, hopefully I will still get the required 70%.
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
----
----
Ok, that makes sense. And, of course, the crazy "count-by-hand" word count!

Thanks again for the input. Smile
Wait...so if I send in my transcript with the UL study courses before December is over but still haven't officially taken a course or test with TESU they'll change the credits on me? I thought I just had to send in the transcript.

My cornerstone has been waived already. Any TECEP recommendations folks? I still have a few gen ed requirements to fulfill: English comm 2, Oral Comm, Info Literacy, and Civic Engagement. Everything else I need is electives and once this latest study UL is done I'll have just one UL to complete left.

I wasn't planning on signing up for Capstone until January. Maybe I should sign up for the December one? I wanted to do some CLEPs though and timing wise I'm not sure I can fit everything in that tight a time frame.
Working towards BALS at TESU

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 
Language and Literacy in Education (OnlineDegree)

Completed:
Study.com: Personal Finance 102, History 108, Psychology 106, Psychology 104, Communications 120, Religion 101

Free: Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for Professionals

CLEP (free through Modern States): American Government, A+I Lit, American Lit, History of the US 1
(11-01-2017, 12:42 PM)Doodlebabe Wrote: Wait...so if I send in my transcript with the UL study courses before December is over but still haven't officially taken a course or test with TESU they'll change the credits on me? I thought I just had to send in the transcript.
That's what I'm wondering, too.  My evaluation is done, but I wasn't planning on taking a TECEP until after Christmas.  I'm crossing my fingers that the upper level courses don't change on me!
So, it's unclear to me if we need to be enrolled to be grant fathered, the other thread specifically mentioned enrolled students are fine, but there is no mention about applicants.

I did contact TESU about this, here the response:

Quote:As long as you complete and transfer the Study.com courses listed in your message no later than December 31, 2017, you will still be awarded upper level credit.

I am still unconvinced, I prefer to be on the safe side and pay the cornerstone 300$ than take the chance and have to redo all my UL's (I got it waived too but I plan to ask them directly to take it). Please note that they say it needs to be transfer, that too isn't sitting well with me, I'm really not sure what transfer actually mean? I sent my transcript 1 week ago so I should be fine, but still..
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
----
----
(11-01-2017, 12:55 PM)posabsolute Wrote: I am still unconvinced, I prefer to be on the safe side and pay the cornerstone 300$ than take the chance and have to redo all my UL's (I got it waived to but I plan to ask them directly to take it). Please note that they say it needs to be transfer, that too isn't sitting well with me, I'm really not sure what transfer actually mean? I sent my transcript 1 week ago so I should be fine, but still..

You should be fine. Evaluation takes TESU a few weeks, but I don't think "transfer" means it also needs to be evaluated. I think that once they acknowledge receipt of the transcript, that's it. I find they are quick to acknowledge receipt at TESU.

(11-01-2017, 12:55 PM)posabsolute Wrote: So, it's unclear to me if we need to be enrolled to be grant fathered, the other thread specifically mentioned enrolled students are fine, but there is no mention about applicants.

I did contact TESU about this, here the response:

Quote:As long as you complete and transfer the Study.com courses listed in your message no later than December 31, 2017, you will still be awarded upper level credit.

I am still unconvinced, I prefer to be on the safe side and pay the cornerstone 300$ than take the chance and have to redo all my UL's (I got it waived too but I plan to ask them directly to take it). Please note that they say it needs to be transfer, that too isn't sitting well with me, I'm really not sure what transfer actually mean? I sent my transcript 1 week ago so I should be fine, but still..

That's what I would have expected...that the only date that matters is when you finish the courses, not when you get the transcripts in.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
My exam result is in already after only 3 days! 90%.

Very simple exam if you do business communication and study online 2 hours looking at procedure writing and emails.
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
----
----

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,872 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,785 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 2,020 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,190 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 1,836 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 17,760 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Suggested TECEP's? High Pass Rate? omuneek 2 1,740 06-26-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Failed Advertising TECEP nerd 12 3,249 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: nerd
  Error after submitting TECEP test nerd 4 1,916 06-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  TECEP to meet residency requirement Dowew 2 1,550 06-12-2018, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Dowew