Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just finished my Lib Arts Capstone at TESU
yeah maybe I did. I tried to pick something I was very familiar with as a subject so maybe I just sounded like I had it covered, I don't know, but my professor didn't make a single objection to anything I said substance-wise, all her corrections were spelling, word tense, saying things needed to be clearer or longer or shorter, stuff like that

my sources all put together were over 5,000 pages of material, I don't know how any professor could possibly review that amount of material for every student in the class. I mean yeah, you could look at it and say "this is a good source" or say its a bad source or whatever, but there's not enough hours in the day for them to read everything I cited. There were barely enough hours in the day for me to do it
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jsh1138's post:
  • Cheeseburrito
Capstone friends: I have Ch 4 due Sunday (results) but it seems like everything I learned I used in Ch 2 (literature review). So now what? Find more sources for Ch 4? My professor just copy/paste the assignment requirements and doesn't actually answer questions well.
(05-24-2018, 04:27 PM)dfsquare Wrote: Capstone friends: I have Ch 4 due Sunday (results) but it seems like everything I learned I used in Ch 2 (literature review). So now what? Find more sources for Ch 4? My professor just copy/paste the assignment requirements and doesn't actually answer questions well.

I've been sitting here staring at a blank chapter outline for 2 weeks wondering the same thing. My chapter 2 was insanely robust and I covered most of the data there.

I'm going to put together some statistics and pull raw data from my existing and new sources for each of my sub questions. I am normally done by this point in the week but this chapter was very .... Weird.
1. Prep Phase: Hopeless, 15 credits, need a BA fast, never heard of TESU
2. TESU BALS: 121/120 (9 months)

3. RN Paramedic Bridge - Excelsior (9 months + CPNE wait)
4. WGU RN -> BSN
5. BSN -> MSN/FNP
chapter 2 is supposed to be the state of the literature in the field, ie what is known before you start. chapter 4 is supposed to be what you learned along the way, not including any conclusions you may have drawn

while writing you should have learned something or realized something you didn't know before, right? I mean if not, what you've been turning in is just a draft, you can always move some of the chapter 2 stuff to 4 for the final draft, I guess
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

• High_Order1
Crazy. Yes it's supposedly "draft" but I got 96 on it so didn't want to mess with it too much. But yes, all that I've learned was actually put into Ch 2. So now I think I need to move it all to Ch 4. But then I'm still unclear on what he wants in Ch 2. I'm an elementary teacher, not a researcher. ARGH! Maybe just expanding from Ch 2 and/or using a few more sources to reinforce what I learned. I can do this. 2 more chapters!!!

Thanks jsh1138.
it can definitely be very confusing, i felt like i was floundering for a good part of the term and i turned in every part except part 3 late. I just did them in order though, ie I thought of a question, wrote the Intro, then did some preliminary research, wrote chapter 2, etc. So for me it was easy since I actually did learn alot of new stuff in between chapters 2 and 4

if you've been planning this for awhile and you already had all the research done, I could only suggest that you think of what conclusions you're going to draw in part 5, and make part 4 the parts of the research that specifically backs up your conclusions

it can feel really overwhelming so don't be afraid to ask your professor if you're in doubt. I wish I had asked mine 10x as much as I did, because I was guessing for much of the way. That's why the sample papers I found here were so helpful.

I just submitted my chapter 4 and I feel like I'm going to vomit. It wasn't what I wanted to produce but I feel like I'm skipping rocks in space.

This may not be graded very well, but hopefully my final submission will be sufficient combining all of the chapters together.
1. Prep Phase: Hopeless, 15 credits, need a BA fast, never heard of TESU
2. TESU BALS: 121/120 (9 months)

3. RN Paramedic Bridge - Excelsior (9 months + CPNE wait)
4. WGU RN -> BSN
5. BSN -> MSN/FNP
lol yes, i ended up hating mine by the end as well. I wanted to talk about one thing, but by the time i got around to setting it up and making the suggested changes and narrowing my question, the paper ended up being about something totally different. my professor waited til after i'd turned in chapter 4 to mention that my main question really wasn't going to work the way it was structured and i needed to add part of it as a sub question, and by then i didn't have the time to research another sub-question, so the part i wanted to actually talk about got left out entirely.

in the end you just need to realize that its not some sort of distillation of who you are as a human being or whatever, its just an assignment. try not to stress about it, just meet the requirements and turn it in. take the professor's feedback, make the suggested changes, and turn in a final version that reflects what they want to see. get the grade and move on, etc.

I had some B's on my initial versions, one was an 80, so a low B, and by getting a good grade on the final and the discussions and all that, I still got an A. I would have been ok with a B because by then I was sick of doing it.

• Johmford
(05-25-2018, 08:58 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: lol yes, i ended up hating mine by the end as well. I wanted to talk about one thing, but by the time i got around to setting it up and making the suggested changes and narrowing my question, the paper ended up being about something totally different. my professor waited til after i'd turned in chapter 4 to mention that my main question really wasn't going to work the way it was structured and i needed to add part of it as a sub question, and by then i didn't have the time to research another sub-question, so the part i wanted to actually talk about got left out entirely.

in the end you just need to realize that its not some sort of distillation of who you are as a human being or whatever, its just an assignment. try not to stress about it, just meet the requirements and turn it in. take the professor's feedback, make the suggested changes, and turn in a final version that reflects what they want to see. get the grade and move on, etc.

I had some B's on my initial versions, one was an 80, so a low B, and by getting a good grade on the final and the discussions and all that, I still got an A. I would have been ok with a B because by then I was sick of doing it.

JSH, if you want to share your paper send it to me and i will put in in my directory as an example  http://pennyphotos.com/tesu/
Hey! Who is your mentor? I'm doing (avoiding right now) module 4 due on 5/27/18, too. I have Nina Haydel and she is terrific.

I have been doing great until now. This week is kicking my butt. SurveyMonkey does not want to be friends with me and I need to get everything to look nice. And computer headaches and I have to work all day tomorrow. : P

BTW, dfsquare, Chapter 4 is meant to be your original research that you have collected by interviews/surveys. Chapter 2 is like a research paper of the background info that set you up for your research.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nashpond's post:
  • High_Order1

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,982 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,662 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,109 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,646 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,305 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,734 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,348 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,596 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,326 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,379 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic