Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just got CompTIA A+ certified tonight
ndelcollo Wrote:What exactly is this certificate?

Not the first time I've been asked this!

Essentially it's a basic IT industry cert. Since I've been in the field well beyond "basic" timeframe, like I said it's not too surprising that I passed. But I'm not going to pretend I'm not proud even if I should be expected to have passed it ;P

Forgive my laziness, but here's an explanation of the cert that I'm pasting from Wikipedia:

Quote: The A+ certification demonstrates competency as a computer technician. Officially, CompTIA A+ certification is a vendor neutral certification that covers numerous technologies and operating systems from such vendors as Microsoft, Apple Inc., Novell and some of the Linux distributions.[7]

The A+ exam is intended for information technology professionals who have the equivalent of 500 hours of hands on experience. The exams are computer based and composed of multiple choice questions, of which there may be more than one correct answer. Over one million people have earned the A+ credential worldwide, as of 2014.[8]

In order to receive CompTIA A+ certification a candidate must pass two exams. The first exam is CompTIA A+ 220-901, which covers PC hardware and peripherals, mobile device hardware, networking, and troubleshooting hardware and network connectivity issues. Also, a candidate must pass CompTIA A+ exam 220-902, which covers installing and configuring operating systems including Windows, iOS, Android, Apple OS X and Linux. It also addresses security, cloud computing fundamentals and operational procedures.[9]

Candidates could still get certified with the 220-801 and 220-802 before CompTIA retired them in June 2016.[10]
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:Forgive my laziness, but here's an explanation of the cert that I'm pasting from Wikipedia:

Ha, I was being the lazy one. I didn't feel like looking it up so I asked you instead.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Easiest State to Become a Certified Teacher - Arizona??? sanantone 8 1,300 11-26-2022, 12:46 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  CompTIA A+ Question MrBossmanJr 6 1,806 08-09-2018, 11:41 AM
Last Post: jsd
  CompTIA (A+, Net+, Sec+ etc) to start offering online testing (via ProctorU) jsd 1 2,449 03-31-2017, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 25BangBang
  Security Experts Needed for CompTIA Trustmark BMWGuinness 0 1,597 01-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Last Post: BMWGuinness
  Tonight's Trivia Question to Ponder beckycan 4 1,673 07-06-2007, 07:44 AM
Last Post: beckycan