Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need college suggestions!
If you could stretch #1, Wikipedia has a List of community colleges with campus housing.

Relatedly, the state of Florida has recently done a wave of upgrading of community colleges to four-year institutions, albeit with relatively few bachelor's programs to start.

Two of the Florida schools in the current revision of the list are actually now four-years, the College of Central Florida and Indian River State College. Both have online classes. Both have dual enrollment programs at least for locals, so will be open to high school students participating generally.

There may be other options in the CCs with dorms if that would work. This could also help to save time on the four-year front: Except for the New College of Florida, every public college in Florida with "College" in the name rather than "University" is a recent community college conversion, so if you turn one up besides these two it would be a time-saving guess that it probably doesn't have dorms.

And if a two-year would work, and his and your interests in Florida are piqued, you know, not many schools can say that their residence hall "is located adjacent to our dive training lagoon." This one can!

…Many many years ago they used to have the also distinctive claim that they had a dormitory barge. This may not have been as charming in practice as it is on paper; they burned it down for an arson investigation course.
mrs.b Wrote:I can't say if it meets all the criteria, but Alabama State University is fairly friendly to CLEP exams. They administer them, and the last time I took a CLEP there, I overheard the advising staff talking about how disappointed they were that more of the test takers for my scheduled session were not students from the university (they seem to actively encourage their students to CLEP). And, if he attended the Mobile location, it's less than an hour to beaches and Spring Break territory. I mean, if we're talking about the college experience... Smile

Pardon for replying to myself, but I wanted to correct the school I had in mind. It's not Alabama State, it's University of South Alabama that is testing-friendly (ASU might be also, but USA is where I know they encourage their students to use the CLEP options). And I browsed their transfer policy.

1. 4-year state/public university
Check.

2. CLEP/DSST policy 30 or more credits
They allow up to 32 credits from "Advanced Placement Program (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), credit by exam, correspondence courses, military service, or any other credit combination."

3. ACE acceptance
They accept ACE recommendation for military credit transfer, and it would need to be checked, but I would think that would make them open to ACE for other means.

4. Online classes
Quite a few, depending on the major.

5. Enroll before/without high school diploma
Not sure on this one.

6. B&M Campus with dorms
Check.
[quote=GoodtoGo]Hi Jennifer,
Ok, I'm not sure about #5 , but all the others are good.
I take classes at Southern New Hampshire University. (snhu.edu) The main campus is in Manchester, NH. They have a generous CLEP & Dantes policy and you can transfer in 90 credits. The offer many online classes, and they are 8 week sessions so they go quickly. I finished taking Professional Selling and just started Consumer Behavior. Classes are $900 for 3 credits, but you only need 10 classes from SNHU to graduate from there. I chose here because it is driving distance for me so if there is something offered on campus that isn't online, I have that option too. Here is a link to the tests they accept. Good luck! Holly

Hey Holly you are very right about SNHU and there generous policys. You must be a night student at the prices you mentioned. Day rates are way higher. It is also nice they have alot of satellite campus.

Holly I think SNHU can make a great choice if someone is a business major. That is the real focus at that school.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
alleycat Wrote:[quote=GoodtoGo]Hi Jennifer,
Hey Holly you are very right about SNHU and there generous policys. You must be a night student at the prices you mentioned. Day rates are way higher. It is also nice they have alot of satellite campus.

Holly I think SNHU can make a great choice if someone is a business major. That is the real focus at that school.

Yes, you are right. I didn't realize it is more for day students! I'm considered an Online/Continuing Ed student since I transferred in.
Testing CreditsALEKS- Beginning Algebra, CLEP Intro Psychology, CLEP Principles of Management, CLEP Principles of Marketing, CLEP Info Systems & Computer App, CLEP Intro Sociology, CLEP Analyzing & Interpreting Literature, DSST Environment & Humanity, DSST Here's to Your Health, DSST Organizational Behavior, DSST Personal Finance, DSST Substance Abuse, DSST Supervision
Class Credits
English Composition 1, English Composition 2, Nutrition, Intercultural Communications, Introduction to Business, US History 2, College Algebra, HR Management, Professional Selling, Consumer Behavior, Managing Organizational Change, Art Appreciation, Music Appreciation, Statistics
GoodtoGo Wrote:[quote=alleycat]

Yes, you are right. I didn't realize it is more for day students! I'm considered an Online/Continuing Ed student since I transferred in.

They actually are very strong with day and night classes. They have alot of foreign students and alot of out of state students. This school has a very good business school. Good luck with your studies.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
A possibility is Arizona State University.

1. 4-year state/public university
Yes

2. CLEP/DSST policy 30 or more credits
Accepts up to 60 credits from credit by exam programs including CLEP, DSST, AP, and their own exams.

3. ACE acceptance
Not sure

4. Online classes
Yes, depending on major.

5. Enroll before/without high school diploma
It seems that completion of high school is required. If an associates degree is completed the student does not need a high school diploma or transcripts. Homeschooled students do not need to have a diploma or transcripts. Students that do not meet the admission requirements can apply for individual review and may be accepted.

6. B&M Campus with dorms
Yes, in warm, sunny Arizona Smile
[SIZE="1"]BSBA in Accounting at TESC - Done! :hurray:
Started June 2009 with zero credits, now have 133!

CLEP:
English Literature - 67, Chemistry - 60, Microeconomics - 69, Macroeconomics - 77, U.S. History I - 68, U.S. History II - 64, American Government - 64, Humanities - 68, College Algebra - 64, English Composition - 56, Financial Accounting - 80 Smile, Principles of Management - 74, Intro. Business Law - 73, Principles of Marketing - 79, Info. Systems & Computer Applications - 77

DSST:
Introduction to Business - 446, Human/Cultural Geography - 69, Personal Finance - 463, Principles of Supervision - 443, Organizational Behavior - 76, Human Resource Management - 77, Business Ethics and Society - 468, Principles of Finance - 471, Management Information Systems - 447, Money and Banking - 73

TECEP:
Financial Institutions and Markets, Federal Income Taxation, Strategic Management

Straighterline Course:
Business Communication
[/SIZE]
:eek: I've been liked! :coolgleam:
[SIZE="1"]BSBA in Accounting at TESC - Done! :hurray:
Started June 2009 with zero credits, now have 133!

CLEP:
English Literature - 67, Chemistry - 60, Microeconomics - 69, Macroeconomics - 77, U.S. History I - 68, U.S. History II - 64, American Government - 64, Humanities - 68, College Algebra - 64, English Composition - 56, Financial Accounting - 80 Smile, Principles of Management - 74, Intro. Business Law - 73, Principles of Marketing - 79, Info. Systems & Computer Applications - 77

DSST:
Introduction to Business - 446, Human/Cultural Geography - 69, Personal Finance - 463, Principles of Supervision - 443, Organizational Behavior - 76, Human Resource Management - 77, Business Ethics and Society - 468, Principles of Finance - 471, Management Information Systems - 447, Money and Banking - 73

TECEP:
Financial Institutions and Markets, Federal Income Taxation, Strategic Management

Straighterline Course:
Business Communication
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,208 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,567 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,954 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 246 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 513 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 410 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 742 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 212 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 251 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  5 institutions paying fine plus how much college costs in every state bjcheung77 1 214 01-25-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: inor