Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just popping in as a TESU alumni
Hey guys! It’s been a while since I’ve posted here. I wanted to share this post I wrote for TESU’s blog... if anyone that I’ve spoken to remembers me, now you know who I am irl  Tongue
BS in Data Science & Analytics and BA in Computer Science and Mathematics at TESU (June 2019 to June 2020)
In-progress:
MS in Cybersecurity at NYU (January 2021 to December 2022?)
MCIT in Information Security and Assurance at NAU (September 2020 to March 2021)
[-] The following 9 users Like amaquiling's post:
  • ARhead, Dorothy44, jch, rachel83az, robertsted, ROYISAGIRL, ss20ts, tallpilot, Zardoz
Hello
Looking at your bio and blog you’re taking your masters at NYU and have a great career going for yourself. Just curious as to how many alternative credits went toward your bachelors degrees and was it questioned at all by admissions or employers.
Thanks you’re an inspiration.
(02-26-2021, 11:31 AM)Pats20 Wrote: Hello
Looking at your bio and blog you’re taking your masters at NYU and have a great career going for yourself. Just curious as to how many alternative credits went toward your bachelors degrees and was it questioned at all by admissions or employers.
I went to community college, so a lot of my credits were transferred from there. I ended up with 56cr obtained from alternative credits. Many of the Data Science & Analytics degree requirements are from statistics.com which are marked as alternative sources on my transcript. 

I was never questioned about those by anyone!
BS in Data Science & Analytics and BA in Computer Science and Mathematics at TESU (June 2019 to June 2020)
In-progress:
MCIT in Information Security and Assurance at NAU (September 2020 to March 2021)
(02-26-2021, 11:02 AM)amaquiling Wrote: Hey guys! It’s been a while since I’ve posted here. I wanted to share this post I wrote for TESU’s blog... if anyone that I’ve spoken to remembers me, now you know who I am irl  Tongue

Why did you switch from NAU to NYU? If you were in it that long, didn't you have a good portion of the degree done?

But either way from TESU to NYU is an accomplishment. I think it is cool that many TESU grads have ended up at elite grad schools.
(02-26-2021, 12:29 PM)natshar Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 11:02 AM)amaquiling Wrote: Hey guys! It’s been a while since I’ve posted here. I wanted to share this post I wrote for TESU’s blog... if anyone that I’ve spoken to remembers me, now you know who I am irl  Tongue

Why did you switch from NAU to NYU? If you were in it that long, didn't you have a good portion of the degree done?

But either way from TESU to NYU is an accomplishment. I think it is cool that many TESU grads have ended up at elite grad schools.
When I started at NAU, I didn’t anticipate that things would get a lot busier. I didn’t get too far in the degree program, so it’s $3k I lost (which was annoying but not the worst that could happen)

I transferred to NYU because of the Cyber Fellows program. It offers 75% off tuition and it’s part-time, asynchronous and online!
In-progress:
[-] The following 2 users Like amaquiling's post:
  • MrPanda, ss20ts
(02-26-2021, 12:41 PM)amaquiling Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 12:29 PM)natshar Wrote:

When I started at NAU, I didn’t anticipate that things would get a lot busier. I didn’t get too far in the degree program, so it’s $3k I lost (which was annoying but not the worst that could happen)

I transferred to NYU because of the Cyber Fellows program. It offers 75% off tuition and it’s part-time, asynchronous and online!

That sounds like a great opportunity. At least the good thing is NAU is cheaper than traditional grad schools so you aren't out much.
This is a true testimonial to the future of education. She’s accomplished 2 bachelors degrees Online with alternative credit and going to the prestigious NYU for her masters. Congratulations!
(02-26-2021, 11:52 AM)amaquiling Wrote:
I went to community college, so a lot of my credits were transferred from there. I ended up with 56cr obtained from alternative credits. Many of the Data Science & Analytics degree requirements are from statistics.com which are marked as alternative sources on my transcript. 

I'm also aiming for the TESU Data Science & Analytics degree and just curious... did you find the statistics.com courses challenging? How much effort did you typically have to spend on one of those courses?
(02-26-2021, 03:58 PM)Zardoz Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 11:52 AM)amaquiling Wrote:

I'm also aiming for the TESU Data Science & Analytics degree and just curious... did you find the statistics.com courses challenging? How much effort did you typically have to spend on one of those courses?
I’d say they were challenging since it was a lot of info to take in within 4 weeks. I don’t recommend taking more than 2-3 at a time if you’re working a full-time job  Tongue 

Some classes were easier than others because I am familiar with Python for data analysis, so maybe 1-3 hours a week on the coursework and assignments for those. With other classes (aka non-Python courses) it could’ve taken up to 8 hours a week, especially with the one course on forecasting in R that I took.

The classes were pretty challenging and I definitely learned a lot. I loved the Python courses, found the social networks class really interesting... can’t say I was a huge fan of anything that uses Excel add-ons though. 

The courses are really practical, BUT you might miss out on some foundational knowledge. I already knew quite a few of the concepts for some of the courses through self-learning so depending on how much you currently know, you might need to supplement your learning with other materials.
In-progress:
[-] The following 1 user Likes amaquiling's post:
  • Zardoz
It sounds hectic I would self study all courses in advance. Otherwise u can be in trouble

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 522 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 475 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,292 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 232 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 277 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27