Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU Business Management - Any Grads?
Wondering if anyone here can share the list of classes needed to earn the degree. I had originally sought to get a BA Liberal Arts degree but have now decided it would be better to go either Business Management or Human Resources. I was able to find the course requirements for the Human Resources degree in another post. I now just need to compare that to the Business Management program. 

I have classes from a RA community college as well as classes from Sophia and want to see what else I might need before I transfer into WGU since I read that once you've enrolled you can no longer transfer additional credit.   Thanks in advance!!!

My goal is to finally get this done by the end of 2023. I've been making a go at getting my Bachelor's on and off now for sooooooo many years Sad
Pierpont Community and Technical College - BOG A.A.S. Spring 2023
University of Maine at Presque Isle  (UMPI)- BLS, Minor in Management  Summer 23
https://www.wgu.edu/online-business-degr...ogram.html

Click on Courses & Competencies on the left and you'll see what courses are required.
You can also use https://partners.wgu.edu/ to see both the list of classes and what Study.com or Sophia classes you can transfer in.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(02-11-2023, 12:49 PM)ss20ts Wrote: https://www.wgu.edu/online-business-degr...ogram.html

Click on Courses & Competencies on the left and you'll see what courses are required.

Thanks. I did see that but was hoping for a guide of sorts.

(02-11-2023, 01:57 PM)rachel83az Wrote: You can also use https://partners.wgu.edu/ to see both the list of classes and what Study.com or Sophia classes you can transfer in.

Thanks. This link helped me piece together the classes I could potentially take prior to enrolling at WGU.
University of Maine at Presque Isle  (UMPI)- BLS, Minor in Management  Summer 23
Since you're considering a competency based business degree you may want to consider UMPI as well. It may be cheaper than WGU, and just as quick to complete.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(02-12-2023, 01:37 PM)allvia Wrote: Since your considering a competency based business degree you may want to consider UMPI as well. It may be cheaper than WGU, and just as quick to complete.

Hi! Thanks for this. I haven't even looked into UMPI in the past - I will look into it more.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HBCIRCA14's post:
  • allvia
Unlike UMPI, WGU gives you an eval and then doesn't consider you enrolled automatically - you have to actually ask to enroll. So you can see what you need to complete before making any decisions. (and I think you can put your UMPI enrollment on "hold" so that you can take more courses prior to starting).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-21-2023, 12:57 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Unlike UMPI, WGU gives you an eval and then doesn't consider you enrolled automatically - you have to actually ask to enroll.  So you can see what you need to complete before making any decisions.  (and I think you can put your UMPI enrollment on "hold" so that you can take more courses prior to starting).

This is a great point. The key difference is that UMPI will accept transfers after you enroll, and you're even encouraged to share what you intend to complete while enrolled so you don't waste time on overlapping courses. WGU does not officially accept any transfers after enrollment, although there are a few limited loopholes.
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business of IT - Project Management oram3189 6 476 02-18-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: raekwon
  Business 324 or 113 study.com for BSBM Marsbar 4 355 11-23-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New degree in Supply Chain & Operations Management MNomadic 3 1,173 11-10-2023, 08:41 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Has anyone done the BS in Supply Chains and Operations Management? jsh1138 0 519 09-29-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Career Question, Business Management or Cyber Security? Oneautumn7 22 1,590 08-06-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Oneautumn7
  Project Management ss20ts 4 786 05-22-2023, 09:30 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Take Udacity class before WGU Data Management degree? pluggingalong 3 1,919 04-13-2022, 12:31 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  WGU BS Business Administration Management - Transferrable Classes NOT on Study mohelena02 12 2,260 01-28-2022, 07:18 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Masters of Leadership and Management RoyalSpade 3 2,443 12-11-2020, 07:49 AM
Last Post: allvia
  MS in Information Technology Management ss20ts 4 1,986 10-18-2020, 05:30 PM
Last Post: ss20ts