Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I thought some of my fellow forum friends might find this one interesting.

I just reviewed my status report update (Excelsior) following completion of my lastest CLEP exam and to my surprise it listed 4 additional Clep exams and 12 additional credits. YES, I immediately emailed and notified them of the error.

So do you think I might gain a credit for having ethics? Maybe a window cling or a coffee cup? Wink
[SIZE="4"]Terry[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][B][SIZE="2"]How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time![/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE="3"]
AS and BS completed
MBA - In Progress[/SIZE]
motuterry Wrote:I thought some of my fellow forum friends might find this one interesting.

I just reviewed my status report update (Excelsior) following completion of my lastest CLEP exam and to my surprise it listed 4 additional Clep exams and 12 additional credits. YES, I immediately emailed and notified them of the error.

So do you think I might gain a credit for having ethics? Maybe a window cling or a coffee cup? Wink
What tests did they give you credit for? Just curious. I'd hope there'd be safeguards in place to check again for this kind of thing to insure people have the proper credits to graduate...
I m edumakated thanx to distunce lerning.

MEd, Texas A&M University, 2018
MBA, University of North Dakota, 2014
MS, University of Illinois Springfield, 2010
BSBA, Thomas Edison State University, 2008
AS / AAS, Tidewater Community College, 2004
PRINCIPLES OF MACROECONOMICS
PRINCIPLES OF MICROECONOMICS
PRINCIPLES OF MARKETING
PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT

I don't know if it was a CLEP or an Excelsior error. Regardless, I'm certian there are safe guards and the error would have been corrected at some point. I remain positive and confident with both CLEP and Excelsior.

I posted my comments more for an interesting side item and am not denigrating either entity.

Still, I want my Excelsior coffee mug. Smile
[SIZE="4"]Terry[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][B][SIZE="2"]How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time![/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE="3"]
AS and BS completed
MBA - In Progress[/SIZE]
Just a quick update. After notifying Excelsior, they immediately corrected my records. It's fairly clear this was a simple imput error that would have been picked up at some point in the process by their checks and balances. On a side note, I highly recommend Excelsior and have been very pleased with their support and assistance.
[SIZE="4"]Terry[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
AS and BS completed
MBA - In Progress[/SIZE]
Unfortunatly your probably not going to get anything from them except what you earned. I am glad to see there are still some honest people in the world though.
I think you will get an ATTA BOY from the great Karma giver in the sky, but not much else. It is good that there are still honest people that is important and we appreciate your honesty even if EC did not.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
I don't think they offer rewards or incentives, but I'm glad that you had the courage to be honest! So many people I know would have ignored it and waited to see if it would go unnoticed so they'd have some free credits.
man, good on you! well heres to karma!
AAT, Electromechanics, Excelsior College 2007
BS, Political Science, Excelsior College 2008
MSSL, Strategic Leadership, Mountain State (currently enrolled) 2009

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airport: Karma does happen! bjcheung77 2 1,386 08-29-2019, 03:44 PM
Last Post: sanantone