Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kim did it after 4 tries! <baby bar passed>
Hmm, interesting, I would have thought she would just give up after the third and final try... but she went for a fourth attempt and that did the trick for her!  I guess I am right... patience, persistence, and perseverance paid off for her...  I never thought I would say this but, "good luck" to her educational goals!  Link: Kim Kardashian passes California's 'baby bar' law exam at fourth attempt (msn.com)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • one_step_at_a_time
My friend had told me about her failing the baby bar the first time around, and I read her public remarks about it. I remember saying "Well now we'll see what she's really made of. This is something she can't just outsource the work to a 'team.' She has to earn it herself. Either she'll cave in and walk away or she'll get back on the horse and try again."
She got back on the horse. My hat's off to her.
suddenly i'm actually interested in keeping up with a kardashian.

fascinated to see how the rest this journey goes for her
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • jch
CA is one of the only states who has this - an alternative way to become a lawyer (no law school required). This is a very hard exam to pass - less than 30% do it. Good for her.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-14-2021, 09:40 PM)dfrecore Wrote: CA is one of the only states who has this - an alternative way to become a lawyer (no law school required).  This is a very hard exam to pass - less than 30% do it.  Good for her.
 Well, one of four states, at present - California, Washington, Vermont and Virginia. Three  others have "hybrid" programs - apprenticeship-plus-law-school: New York, Maine and Wyoming. https://www.lawstudies.com/article/you-d...ctice-law/

And yes, good for Kim, indeed.
(12-15-2021, 08:04 PM)Johann Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 09:40 PM)dfrecore Wrote: CA is one of the only states who has this - an alternative way to become a lawyer (no law school required).  This is a very hard exam to pass - less than 30% do it.  Good for her.
 Well, one of four states, at present - California, Washington, Vermont and Virginia. Three  others have "hybrid" programs - apprenticeship-plus-law-school: New York, Maine and Wyoming. https://www.lawstudies.com/article/you-d...ctice-law/

And yes, good for Kim, indeed.

Yes, one of the only = one of 4 out of 50.  Also, CA doesn't require ANY amount of law school, the other 3 do.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Pikachu
they do require you to study in-office during business hours with a lawyer or judge, but there's no formal curriculum required and i'm sure those hours (and if they're oni-site and during business hours) can be fudged pretty heavily.

also, there's very few people who have ever done this in california, Kim would be in a very small group

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

(12-15-2021, 08:49 PM)jsd Wrote: they do require you to study in-office during business hours with a lawyer or judge, but there's no formal curriculum required and i'm sure those hours (and if they're oni-site and during business hours) can be fudged pretty heavily.

also, there's very few people who have ever done this in california, Kim would be in a very small group

I can't imagine that it would be easier to do it this way than law school AND short yourself hours, and still pass.  It makes more sense to get in there and learn as much as you can.
i was thinking more likely someone with her resources probably has training/tutoring from lawyers happening in the comfort of her own house (as opposed to going into someone's office on their schedule and not her's), not so much that she's shorting herself on the hours.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Update:

Staci Zaretsky at Above The Law Wrote:According to an unnamed source who spoke to the U.S. Sun, Kardashian is reportedly putting her plans “on pause.” It seems that continuing forward with her legal studies amid her business and family commitments would be “a pain for [her] right now.” Here are some additional details:

Quote:“Last year she slowly realized how tedious it was and how never-ending the study was,” the insider shared.

“She can’t drop it without looking bad, looking like she couldn’t pass it after all the work and all of her talk about how passionate she was about pushing for prison reform.” …

“She really struggled with the study, hated having to do the outlines and essays required to even be at a competent level and it was going to take her a few years of study to pass the exams and a few likely fails,” the same source claimed.

“She did some midterm exams last year and they finished her off.”

Law students would definitely agree with the celebrity that the law school process is “tedious” and that the studying is “never-ending,” but at the end of the day, many practicing attorneys would say that it’s all worth it.

The insider went on to claim that Kardashian is simply “too busy” to continue with her studies due to the success of her businesses. “Between the new PE SKKY partnership which is on a huge acquisition spree, and her own Skims businesses — they all need her right now,” the source said.

If it’s true that she’s chosen to adjourn her legal studies, we certainly hope that Kardashian — who will soon be playing a lawyer on TV — will someday return to her apprenticeship to make her dream of becoming a lawyer come true.

Is Kim Kardashian Giving Up On Her Dream Of Becoming A Lawyer? The celebrity's legal career is reportedly 'on pause' due to her other commitments (Staci Zaretsky, Above the Law, February 26, 2024)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Passed the CISSP Exam jamshid666 5 1,873 09-27-2021, 01:58 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Passed the CHFI Exam jamshid666 9 1,537 07-17-2021, 06:40 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Passed Environment & Humanity DSST (feedback included) journey 9 3,291 06-06-2019, 06:29 AM
Last Post: FishNDip
  Passed Intro to Psych CLEP...which next? S.Tesla 3 1,250 04-17-2019, 11:58 PM
Last Post: TryHardDieHard
  Passed CLEP Financial Accounting with a 65!!! mecurtis 4 1,531 02-06-2019, 04:15 PM
Last Post: ericamead21
  Passed Educational Psychology with a 74! zapproximator 2 1,242 09-28-2018, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  Pay $30 an hr. Looking for somone that has passed over 2 clep exams to help perpare. evsimoian 6 1,867 06-17-2018, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  CLEP Information Systems and Computer Application..just passed! Dissapointed with IC istudyclep 9 2,296 03-28-2018, 07:04 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Passed my First Clep (Analyzing and Interpreting Literature) Tictac 12 6,144 02-15-2018, 11:52 AM
Last Post: a2jc4life
  Need Skype tutor for Clep Principles of Marketing. Need to have recently passed exam. kokoko678 0 866 01-30-2018, 03:18 PM
Last Post: kokoko678