Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LF a list quick and cheap of Prelicensure BSN/PA programs
Question 
I was waiting for a specific (WGU's) program to open back up in CA (since the waitlist was so long) but Covid made the program shut down completely in my state. So now I'm back to looking again for something quick and not too expensive of a program for pre licensure. Quite frankly I'm tired of waiting to begin, so I'm willing to move to wherever this program is.
Right now I hold 2 associates with my prereqs done and would like to finish a bachelor's in either nursing or PA, I'm just lost on the programs available and looking for recommendations of experienced students.

Much thanks in advance.
Might want to change that font back to black instead of grey so folks can read it.
Since you're in California, it would probably be cheapest and easiest for you to go to a school in California. There's a list of approved schools here: https://www.rn.ca.gov/pdfs/education/rnschools.pdf What Associate degrees do you have? If you have an ADN, tuition appears to be lower at some schools.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(08-15-2021, 06:19 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Might want to change that font back to black instead of grey so folks can read it.

Uhh that's weird I didn't do anything to the font while typing it.

(08-16-2021, 03:13 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Since you're in California, it would probably be cheapest and easiest for you to go to a school in California. There's a list of approved schools here: https://www.rn.ca.gov/pdfs/education/rnschools.pdf What Associate degrees do you have? If you have an ADN, tuition appears to be lower at some schools.

Applied Math and Science and Information Technology.
Are you an LPN or RN? If you have either, Excelsior is an option:

https://www.excelsior.edu/program/lpn-to...n-nursing/

https://www.excelsior.edu/program/bachel...n-nursing/
Physician assistant studies is now a master's-level degree. You can finish your bachelor's degree in anything and apply to a local PA program or Yale's online program.

Excelsior no longer accepts students from California. Since Excelsior gave up its nursing accreditation, most states won't accept their AAS or AS in nursing.

Schools like Grand Canyon University, Herzing University, and University of Texas at Arlington offer pre-licensure BSN programs online. I haven't looked into whether they have preceptors out of state for the clinical rotations.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(08-16-2021, 01:14 PM)sanantone Wrote: Physician assistant studies is now a master's-level degree. You can finish your bachelor's degree in anything and apply to a local PA program or Yale's online program.

Excelsior no longer accepts students from California. Since Excelsior gave up its nursing accreditation, most states won't accept their AAS or AS in nursing.

Schools like Grand Canyon University, Herzing University, and University of Texas at Arlington offer pre-licensure BSN programs online. I haven't looked into whether they have preceptors out of state for the clinical rotations.

Wow thank you for this, I knew about TX Arlington but I didn't know about the other 2, do you know if there are more universities likes this?
Those are the only three I know of that are completely online other than the clinicals. There are also online, direct-entry MSN programs for unlicensed individuals with a non-nursing bachelor's degree, but they're more expensive. There's even a direct-entry PhD in nursing, but it's not online.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
CA is so cheap for a nursing degree; have you applied at your local CC for an RN? Or your local state school for a BSN? How about finishing your bachelor's in anything and then applying to a post-bacc nursing program? There are tons in CA.

Your next best bet is to go out of state. I searched for a friend's kid, and found that there are programs in nearby states that are shorter than some of the RN programs in CA, to the point that it's not much more for a 14mo program out of state as for a 24mo program in-state.

Lots of options, too many to list for an RN/BSN.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 0 19 3 hours ago
Last Post: smartfion
  Education Programs - Undergrad & Grad RachelB 0 825 03-27-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Metropolia for quick bachelor's degree to get in a master's program klicer 5 356 03-21-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: klicer
  Help choosing between two programs for this Fall JuicyBerry36 28 2,048 03-16-2024, 11:04 AM
Last Post: SilentWarrior
  How to get a Software Engineering, Data, or CS degree for cheap in 2024? awildstudentappeared 6 688 03-12-2024, 01:30 AM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  Need a plan to get an Associates fast and cheap smartiepants35 14 1,571 02-26-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: smartiepants35
  Need Help Picking A Quick Degree Plan PrimPlanner 9 727 01-05-2024, 03:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  A lot of credits trying to get a quick degree! Aehsahs 3 584 01-04-2024, 05:31 PM
  Associate Degree - Cheap and fast kslamande 6 822 12-29-2023, 02:33 AM
  Paralegal or Law Certificates on the cheap? Randyb100 5 470 10-17-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger