Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LIB-495 Capstone question.
Thanks @vetvso & Merlin. Sounds good. Can I taken it even in these 10 days leading up to the Capstone? Or only once the program has officially started?
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(03-20-2019, 02:07 AM)Supermind Wrote: Thanks @vetvso & Merlin. Sounds good. Can I taken it even in these 10 days leading up to the Capstone? Or only once the program has officially started?

I don't think you can do anything until the term begins. You get access to the portal a few days before so you can grab the syllabus, read through the requirements, make sure you have all the right materials, etc., but that is about it.

Since I had to get a textbook for my class, I used my time before the course started to read through the textbook and create detailed notes on the first 5-6 chapters. Those came in very handy as I got further into the course, but then again I took the business capstone which is very different.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
I am registered for the April 2019 Capstone with Dr. Cody, starting on April 1st. When does the course become available online? Is it 1 week in advance? Or only on April 1st? I have been checking my TESU every day for the past 4 days, and I don’t see the Capstone under ‘my courses’. Just want to be sure I am not missing something in terms of updating my computer etc?

Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 

I believe you can access the course on the Friday before it starts. You should receive an email letting you know.
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
Thank you @ TexasTink.

I have a graduate course starting on April 1st and I also don't have it available yet. I will check each day and get a head start once I'ts there.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
(03-20-2019, 01:01 AM)Supermind Wrote: I am reading about this ETS Proficiency profile. When does one take that test? And how does one prepare for this ETS test? Any specific study materials? I am beginning the Capstone course on April 1st.

You can take it anytime. It is recommended to take it about midway through the course. However, I would just ask your professor. Send him a message or post on the forum as I'm sure everyone else in your course wants to know too.

(03-03-2019, 10:07 AM)ChilliDawg Wrote: I am one month into my Capstone with TESU.  I am not going to get into specifics about who my mentor is, but I do have a question for those of you who have been here.

How long do you usually have to wait before getting feed back on each written assignment?  Is two weeks normal to not have any feedback or grades on the book, AFTER the assignment was submitted?  Our second assignment is due and we do not have feedback on the first, yet.  No discussions have been graded after one month.  

This may be expected, and I am just not familiar with it.  How much mentor involvement should we be seeing?

As for expected grades, I got my discussion posts graded like one to three days after they were due. For the assignments, they took about a week. Normally, these assignments are very long, so I would expect them to take a bit of time. A lot of the professors have other jobs as well.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
If anyone inserted any charts or tables in the chapter 4 assignment, how did you do it?
Just use snipping tool and copy and paste it in and then cite it in proper Figure/Table format?

I am wondering if inserting them at the end of the assignment looks better in terms of the layout...
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(03-27-2019, 07:31 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: If anyone inserted any charts or tables in the chapter 4 assignment, how did you do it?
Just use snipping tool and copy and paste it in and then cite it in proper Figure/Table format?

I am wondering if inserting them at the end of the assignment looks better in terms of the layout...
I’d ask the mentor for guidance. It’s mostly a stylistic preference, but they might have a strong stylistic preference you’ll want to meet...

I put mine in an appendix. My understanding from how the mentor had explained it in my capstone was that most tables would be better in an appendix, as they should be more of a supplement to the writing, i.e. the writing should clearly explain the relevant information in the chart/graph/table. 
There were some exceptions, for instance if you are using existing graphics from outside sources and visually comparing how they differ.
I included mine at the end. One was a table with figures, which I reformatted myself rather than try to copy and paste as a bitmap. The second was a graph which I did copy and paste as a bitmap. If you do copy a bitmap, make sure to get it in as high a resolution as you can so it doesn't look fuzzy if printed or viewed on a large monitor. I did a copy and paste from acrobat reader, which got me the original resolution.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,340 Yesterday, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 27 2,228 04-03-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 9 530 03-31-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  Quick question about MAN-3760 & MAN-3730 jg_nuy 7 534 03-20-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,373 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Register for Capstone Kones 12 1,118 12-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: resistk
  TESU multiple degrees / residency question Sean1234 12 1,203 11-03-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Question about passing grades Randyb100 9 829 10-16-2023, 12:58 AM
Last Post: Randyb100
  O Capstone! My Capstone Kab 12 1,181 08-03-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  CMP-354 Essay question examples. CanICode 2 578 07-18-2023, 04:07 PM
Last Post: fmsoa