Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LSU MBA / University of Maine MBA
Anyone know anything about the online MBA at LSU?  Looks like it can be done in ten months.  I am having trouble finding feedback on the program.  I’m curious about the same with University of Maine.  I’m curious if it is similar to the UMPI your pace program and self paced.
LSU-Baton Rouge, the main campus, cannot be done in ten months.

LSU-Shreveport can be, but is obviously a much lower ranked program.  Which are you interested in?  Because when people say “LSU” without qualification they normally mean Baton Rouge,
(11-26-2022, 09:28 PM)Courcelles Wrote: LSU-Baton Rouge, the main campus, cannot be done in ten months.

LSU-Shreveport can be, but is obviously a much lower ranked program.  Which are you interested in?  Because when people say “LSU” without qualification they normally mean Baton Rouge,
Sorry, I meant the Shreveport location.
(11-26-2022, 08:14 PM)AnonStudent Wrote: Anyone know anything about the online MBA at LSU?  Looks like it can be done in ten months.  I am having trouble finding feedback on the program.  I’m curious about the same with University of Maine.  I’m curious if it is similar to the UMPI your pace program and self paced.

No, the University of Maine MBA is nothing like YourPace. It's a regular semester based type of program. You also want to double check the price. Unless it has changed, out of state students pay a small fortune for tuition.
(11-26-2022, 10:36 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 08:14 PM)AnonStudent Wrote: Anyone know anything about the online MBA at LSU?  Looks like it can be done in ten months.  I am having trouble finding feedback on the program.  I’m curious about the same with University of Maine.  I’m curious if it is similar to the UMPI your pace program and self paced.

No, the University of Maine MBA is nothing like YourPace. It's a regular semester based type of program. You also want to double check the price. Unless it has changed, out of state students pay a small fortune for tuition.
Thanks.  I’m trying to find self paced programs to compare to WGU.  I can’t seem to find any others.
The only self paced MBA's that I know of are WGU and Capella. There may be others. If anyone knows of them, hopefully they comment here.
Walden has a "Tempo Learning" self-paced MBA
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(11-26-2022, 11:34 PM)jsd Wrote: Walden has a "Tempo Learning" self-paced MBA

I always forget about Walden as they are not available in my state unfortunately. 

Rasmussen also has a CBE MBA.

https://www.rasmussen.edu/degrees/busine...istration/
I'm actually in the LSUS MBA program currently, its AACSB accredited, highly sought after.

their grad rate is super low because their entry requirements are not that tough, the curriculum is tough however, thats how they keep their accreditation - if you put in the work, you will get A's.

those who dont want to do the work and are attracted by the price, usually flunk out.

good program so far, alot of knowledge transfer between the FB groups and group me's for classes, the professors take things seriously here.

and they ARE affiliated with LSU - its just a satellite campus.
(11-29-2022, 09:18 PM)googleninja Wrote: I'm actually in the LSUS MBA program currently, its AACSB accredited, highly sought after.

their grad rate is super low because their entry requirements are not that tough, the curriculum is tough however, thats how they keep their accreditation - if you put in the work, you will get A's.

those who dont want to do the work and are attracted by the price, usually flunk out.

good program so far, alot of knowledge transfer between the FB groups and group me's for classes, the professors take things seriously here.

and they ARE affiliated with LSU - its just a satellite campus.

Thanks for the insights.  Is there a test every week like I have heard about?  How is the workload?

(11-26-2022, 10:36 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

It looks like the price is about 20k.  I have tuition reimbursement, so that doesn’t concern me.  Do you know anything about how the UMaine program is structured?  I haven’t been able to find much information online about this program from people who are actually in it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 167 10 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 699 Yesterday, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 1,824 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,093 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 492 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,290 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 365 03-28-2024, 12:40 AM
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,633 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 658 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 14,279 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel