Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LSU MBA / University of Maine MBA
Walden is currently running a special for the Tempo MBA. $500 off Tempo, and you get your 4th session free (if you need that much time). Not a great deal, but I thought I'd put it out there. It's for a 12/5 start though so I don't know if it will be available for January starts.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
If you have tuition reimbursement.  I consider mba from Boston University. It is pretty good for 24,000 tuition.

https://www.edx.org/masters/online-maste...on-mba-bux
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA
                   Master in Project Management, University Isabel I / ENEB
                   Master in Big Data and Business Intelligent, University Isabel I, ENEB

Completed: WGU MS-CIA 2022
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

Supposedly you can do the Eastern University MBA in 10 months, although it is not self-paced. $9,900.

https://www.eastern.edu/academics/gradua...management

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
(12-02-2022, 10:55 AM)Imbanewbie Wrote: If you have tuition reimbursement.  I consider mba from Boston University. It is pretty good for 24,000 tuition.

Did you do the BU program?  My company has a relationship with that school because we are based out of Boston.  How long is the program and how much time per week do you put into it?

(12-02-2022, 10:57 AM)Flelm Wrote: Supposedly you can do the Eastern University MBA in 10 months, although it is not self-paced. $9,900.

I was just looking into this program.  They say it is self paced.  Do you know anything about it?
(12-02-2022, 12:12 PM)AnonStudent Wrote:
(12-02-2022, 10:57 AM)Flelm Wrote: Supposedly you can do the Eastern University MBA in 10 months, although it is not self-paced. $9,900.

I was just looking into this program.  They say it is self paced.  Do you know anything about it?

A little. I applied, but went with HAU instead for a few reasons, but mainly money (self-funded). It is not self-paced. It is 7-week sessions (2 per semester). 10 courses (30 credits), you can do 2 per session, for 5 total terms required. It is a religious university, and the MBA is a management concentration by default. I don't know how much any of the religiosity carries into the coursework.

(12-02-2022, 10:55 AM)Imbanewbie Wrote: If you have tuition reimbursement.  I consider mba from Boston University. It is pretty good for 24,000 tuition.

Did you do the BU program?  My company has a relationship with that school because we are based out of Boston.  How long is the program and how much time per week do you put into it?

I went for missouri state university mba , I do not want to get into student loan debts. I can not afford it doe Boston University mba. It is affordable for other people and it is good program.
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA
                   Master in Project Management, University Isabel I / ENEB
                   Master in Big Data and Business Intelligent, University Isabel I, ENEB

Completed: WGU MS-CIA 2022
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

Sounds like you can move at your own pace with the material within the 7 week term for the courses that you registered for. No set schedule. Unlike WGU, you must register for the courses ahead of time and complete them within the 7 week term. There may be a limit to what they will allow you to register for as well. I asked if you could do 3 and they said yes and then a very big but w/extensive warnings to follow. Sounds like 1-2 is the right pace. 2 per term would complete in 10 months. There is a 1 week break between terms. 

I am currently considering the program and was accepted into the MBA program to start in January. Also accepted into WGU so coming down to the wire...
(12-13-2022, 01:42 PM)BostonBeanMan Wrote: Sounds like you can move at your own pace with the material within the 7 week term for the courses that you registered for. No set schedule. Unlike WGU, you must register for the courses ahead of time and complete them within the 7 week term. There may be a limit to what they will allow you to register for as well. I asked if you could do 3 and they said yes and then a very big but w/extensive warnings to follow. Sounds like 1-2 is the right pace. 2 per term would complete in 10 months. There is a 1 week break between terms. 

I am currently considering the program and was accepted into the MBA program to start in January. Also accepted into WGU so coming down to the wire...

What? Where are you reading about WGU? WGU has 6 month long terms! You have to complete 4 courses to during a session at WGU. Sounds like you're really confusing schools.
(12-13-2022, 03:55 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(12-13-2022, 01:42 PM)BostonBeanMan Wrote: Sounds like you can move at your own pace with the material within the 7 week term for the courses that you registered for. No set schedule. Unlike WGU, you must register for the courses ahead of time and complete them within the 7 week term. There may be a limit to what they will allow you to register for as well. I asked if you could do 3 and they said yes and then a very big but w/extensive warnings to follow. Sounds like 1-2 is the right pace. 2 per term would complete in 10 months. There is a 1 week break between terms. 

What? Where are you reading about WGU? WGU has 6 month long terms! You have to complete 4 courses to during a session at WGU. Sounds like you're really confusing schools.

This was regarding Eastern University. The reference to WGU was the comparison to it being self-paced. Both are but with WGU, you can keep adding classes within the term. With EU, you cannot but if you finish your 1 course set for a 7 week term in a week, you cannot move anything into the rest of that term to accellerate.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 193 3 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 15 1,045 Yesterday, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PaperAssistant
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 268 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,451 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 546 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,837 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 13,965 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel
  Eastern Illinois University. wildebeest 42 6,362 03-04-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign MichaelDoesMarketing 35 3,307 03-03-2024, 04:25 PM
Last Post: rayray1000
  MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU) allvia 111 16,296 03-03-2024, 12:58 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy