Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LSU-Shreveport Online MBA
As it is one of the cheapest (if not the cheapest) AASCB accredited MBA, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the MBA at LSU Shreveport . Not really found much anywhere about it online.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chorizo's post:
  • Celis814
No experience with MBA but I got family that is at med school there. Seems like a respectable school. What's the difference between this and WGU accreditation wise?
I can't speak for the program specifically. But in living in the area for a few years, it is a respected school, at least regionally. I say go for it.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
WGU does not have aacsb accreditation. I personally didnt find this important because i do not plan to teach but if all other variables were equal (they are not) id choose this over wgu. I chose wgu instead of this and others like enmu, because the cost and speed i could obtain at wgu outweighed my perceived benefit of name recognition and program accreditation of these programs.

With that said, the lsu program is highly respected and is a great choice for someone looking for more normal mba timeline.
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
Appreciate your insights, we will see what happens.
Prloko Wrote:I can't speak for the program specifically. But in living in the area for a few years, it is a respected school, at least regionally. I say go for it.

+1, I would go for it as well. If the secondary program accreditation is what you're looking for, there's nothing to lose.
If it's not all that important, there are some other programs as mentioned, like WGU or the other competency based degrees.
They'll be faster to complete and easier/cheaper as well. Hodges, Patten, WGU are great CBD providers.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
chorizo Wrote:As it is one of the cheapest (if not the cheapest) AASCB accredited MBA, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the MBA at LSU Shreveport . Not really found much anywhere about it online.

There is a treasure trove of data in this thread :

LSUS Online MBA Reviews | TigerDroppings.com

Best of luck!
Thanks for the link to that discussion!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 188 Yesterday, 10:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 27 17,641 04-07-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: David1477
  New Zealand Online Degrees doyouhowdo1 1 335 03-31-2024, 10:46 AM
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 603 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Czech 100% online MBA and DBA for 3k/5k David1477 7 496 03-25-2024, 08:34 PM
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 651 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 366 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Master's in Security Management CBE Online Jeff7 8 580 02-27-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
Question Cheapest online master's degree in *anything?* profstudent 26 4,725 02-18-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: ITdegree
  German University of Digital Science (100% online, non-profit) Voldigoad 11 1,782 02-15-2024, 04:44 PM