Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Landmark College - A great school...
For the wealthy!  Landmark is ranked on the US News website: https://www.landmark.edu/ - Article: https://www.landmark.edu/news/us-news-ra...utive-year

This school is exclusively enrolling students with disabilities in learning, their model seems interesting, and they use a system "strength-based" improvement for selective students.  Ideas (the method or ways I think they systematically teach) seem fine, I like the way they help students learn and progress through their courses - working on the strengths and improving on those weaknesses slowly but surely...

Having said that, they seem to be only offering some online courses, and they do have some undergraduate degrees.  The kicker is, the cost of the education is expensive, not the board/room, other expenses, the cost I am referring to is the tuition per semester or per year.  Wow, they charge so much just because they're highly ranked on US News (or they think they're worth that much).

TLRD: Yearly tuition is $61K alone, for 4 years, that'll be $244K in tuition alone! Just WOW!  I wonder if I was "richer" and if my children needed the assistance, wouldn't there be other forms or methods to help them better?  I can't afford this, my kids require assistance with homework, I think for my situation, tutors would be my first choice.  Link: https://www.landmark.edu/admissions/tuit...attendance
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Yes - it IS a whole lot of money - and I agree, most people would have to resort to less expensive solutions. In defense of Landmark, I'll admit that it's a LOT more expensive to teach students who require this level of assistance. Faculty with special qualifications and a lot of individual, one-on-one teaching - and planning. Doing that well is how they got the ranking (I think,) What they do justifies the cost more than the ranking alone does, but yeah - that too.

Can't really tell how well their model will hold up under online-only instruction. I'd think it would be VERY difficult to duplicate their success in an online-only environment. Hopefully, at some point they'll be able to get back to in-person classes - and so will other schools. That will be such a freakin' relief...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Johann's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,616 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,092 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,350 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,725 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 197 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 436 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 310 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 622 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 178 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 199 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP