Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last 3 credits: recommendations for quickly satisfying the TESU Statistics requiement
I'm so close to the end!

My last class is the Statistics requirement for the TESU BSBA. I initially had planned to sign up for Aleks and do either Statistics or Business Statistics, but I've seen some posts recently that they changed the format. Someone even posted that the statistics isn't passable at Aleks anymore. I currently have a study.com subscription, so I can just do it there for an extra $75.

Assuming the price difference isn't an issue, which would you all recommend? I have taken the Clep algebra without issue but I've never taken a pure statistics class so I probably have some learning to do as opposed to just phoning it in and passing a final, but I don't think it will be too challenging so I'd like to go with whichever is faster to complete.
TESU BSBA CIS - March 2019
Clep: College Algebra, Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, History of U.S. I, History of U.S. II, Principles of Management, Introductory Sociology, College Composition, American Government, Financial Accounting, Principles of Macroeconomics, Principles of Microeconomics, Principles of Marketing, Information Systems, Introductory Business Law, Introductory Psychology, Western Civilization I, Spanish Language, Biology, Social Science and History, Precalculus, Calculus
Study.com: FIN-102 Personal Finance, FIN-101 Principles of Finance, ACC-102 Managerial Accounting, BUS-308 Globalization and International Management, CS-302 Systems Analysis and Design, CS-303 Database Management, COM-120 Presentation Skills in the Workplace, BUS-113 Business Communication, STAT-101 Principles of Statistics
OnlineDegree.com: Computer Science CS101
Saylor.org: CS402, BUS303, CS302
Certs: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, MCSA, LPIC-1, CCNA
TESU: BUS-421 Business Administration Capstone
(01-02-2019, 12:59 PM)camjenks Wrote: I'm so close to the end!

My last class is the Statistics requirement for the TESU BSBA. I initially had planned to sign up for Aleks and do either Statistics or Business Statistics, but I've seen some posts recently that they changed the format. Someone even posted that the statistics isn't passable at Aleks anymore. I currently have a study.com subscription, so I can just do it there for an extra $75.

Assuming the price difference isn't an issue, which would you all recommend? I have taken the Clep algebra without issue but I've never taken a pure statistics class so I probably have some learning to do as opposed to just phoning it in and passing a final, but I don't think it will be too challenging so I'd like to go with whichever is faster to complete.

I took stats with SDC.  It was relatively painless and I finished it in about 10 days.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 1 user Likes quigongene's post:
  • camjenks
It seems a lot of people finished it on ALEKS and Study.com, but I took mine at a CC. I found it to be easy at a CC, but you will end up paying more.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies

I took it from ALEKS but I don't recommend it. Even before they added the new requirements it was a pain in the butt to pass. If you're just taking the course to check off the box for your degree, I recommend the Study.com version; that focuses more on the theory and less on the math. Alternatively, the version from Statistics.com is supposed to be really straightforward and doesn't require higher level math, though it's a bit pricey.

I took the ALEKS version because I wanted to learn it, not just pass; though also because I am very slow with math and need extra time to complete stuff. Before the change at ALEKS, there was no time limit on the assessments, now its limited to like 2-3 hours, which wouldn't have been enough for me to pass. I easily spent double that time when I took it.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • camjenks
I'm not familiar with the aleks version but I second using study.com it was straightforward and simple to grasp. Plus since you're already on study.com it would be cheap enough to just go through them.

I've heard good things about StraighterLine business statistics.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • camjenks
ALEKS was pure torture. I took it through Study.com as my very last course to get my degree, that's how much I hated ALEKS - turned me into a stats-phobe. But it was relatively painless through Study.com - more about theory and vocabulary than computation.

You might also try learning it various ways for free online, and then taking the Saylor exam. But that's only if you are hard up for cash - otherwise, I'd go with Study.com.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • camjenks
(01-02-2019, 04:28 PM)Merlin Wrote:

I took it from ALEKS but I don't recommend it. Even before they added the new requirements it was a pain in the butt to pass. If you're just taking the course to check off the box for your degree, I recommend the Study.com version; that focuses more on the theory and less on the math. Alternatively, the version from Statistics.com is supposed to be really straightforward and doesn't require higher level math, though it's a bit pricey.

I took the ALEKS version because I wanted to learn it, not just pass; though also because I am very slow with math and need extra time to complete stuff. Before the change at ALEKS, there was no time limit on the assessments, now its limited to like 2-3 hours, which wouldn't have been enough for me to pass. I easily spent double that time when I took it.

Thanks! this is kind of what I'd been hearing and all these comments confirm it. I'm starting Study.com stats tomorrow morning.
TESU BSBA CIS - March 2019
Clep: College Algebra, Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, History of U.S. I, History of U.S. II, Principles of Management, Introductory Sociology, College Composition, American Government, Financial Accounting, Principles of Macroeconomics, Principles of Microeconomics, Principles of Marketing, Information Systems, Introductory Business Law, Introductory Psychology, Western Civilization I, Spanish Language, Biology, Social Science and History, Precalculus, Calculus
Study.com: FIN-102 Personal Finance, FIN-101 Principles of Finance, ACC-102 Managerial Accounting, BUS-308 Globalization and International Management, CS-302 Systems Analysis and Design, CS-303 Database Management, COM-120 Presentation Skills in the Workplace, BUS-113 Business Communication, STAT-101 Principles of Statistics
OnlineDegree.com: Computer Science CS101
Saylor.org: CS402, BUS303, CS302
Certs: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, MCSA, LPIC-1, CCNA
TESU: BUS-421 Business Administration Capstone
Curious to see how the study.com Intro to Statistics or Business Statistics is going? Which did you choose? Wondering which is “easier”...less computations?
(01-23-2019, 05:10 PM)Acam10 Wrote: Curious to see how the study.com Intro to Statistics or Business Statistics is going? Which did you choose? Wondering which is “easier”...less computations?

Study.com only has STAT 101: Principles of Statistics for credit.  You may be talking about SL or Saylor?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Ok thanks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 8 680 04-23-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Excelsior Transfer Credits, limit? Stoffelhoff89 4 213 04-16-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Stoffelhoff89
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 188 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 373 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 5,203 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,924 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 595 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 715 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Searching for Fire Science Credits CGaboury 6 599 01-11-2024, 12:45 AM
  Transfer Sophia.org credits to Penn State World Campus? nomaduser 16 3,099 12-19-2023, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dlynn1219