Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Student Loan Debt Cancellation for Victims of Evil For-Profit Colleges
Okay, not all of the schools on the list are for-profit, but the large majority are.   Tongue In a settlement over the Betsy DeVos regime denying and failing to process borrower defense applications, the Department of Education has decided that it is just going to cancel the debt for every scam college. The debt should be cleared within 12 months. 

If you attended a college on the list, previously applied for borrower defense, and your application hasn't been processed yet, your debt will be cancelled. 
If you attended a college on the list, and your claims were denied, your application will be reinstated, and your debt will be cancelled. 
If you attended a college on the list, and you have not applied for borrower defense, you can still apply and have your debt cancelled. 
If you did not attend a college on the list, and you're still waiting for a decision on your application, refer to the timetable for when your application will be processed. 

Also, your credit will be repaired if it was impacted by the debt from the devil institutions. You will also receive a refund for payments made.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/res...agreement/

https://predatorystudentlending.org/wp-c...hart-7.pdf

Correction: You will not receive an automatic discharge if you attended one of the schools on the list and apply for borrower defense after June 22, 2022.

https://predatorystudentlending.org/swee...s-members/
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • jsd
Some VERY interesting names on this list

Capella
University of Phoenix
Purdue University Global
Walden
Kaplan
Colorado Technical University
Grand Canyon University
Bunch of culinary schools
Medical school
Veterinary school
A few law schools
Anybody else kind of wishing they had been “victimized” by one of these evil schools? I would take a Walden PhD and a Florida Coastal JD, if they came along with loan forgiveness…
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
[-] The following 1 user Likes freeloader's post:
  • Vle045
(06-23-2022, 10:16 PM)freeloader Wrote: Anybody else kind of wishing they had been “victimized” by one of these evil schools?  I would take a Walden PhD and a Florida Coastal JD, if they came along with loan forgiveness…

I have some debt from Western International University and Colorado Technical University. Luckily for me, I filed borrower defense claims in 2019. The Betsy DeVos crew denied my claims for WIU without explanation, which was one of the reasons for the lawsuit. My CTU app is still awaiting a decision, which was another reason for the lawsuit. Also, luckily for me, I didn't finish my degrees at either of those schools, so I won't be stuck with the bad reputations.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation How many colleges and universities have closed since 2016? Ares 0 122 03-25-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Ares
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 215 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 149 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Seattle and Sydney Student News... bjcheung77 1 167 02-21-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Amazing Student - High IQ bjcheung77 3 341 02-16-2024, 03:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Shocked Online Course Provider 2U (edX) Faces Doubts It Can Continue ($900 Million in debt) Ares 3 378 02-16-2024, 02:51 AM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  Newsweek: America's Top Online Colleges 2024 Ares 6 464 02-14-2024, 06:48 AM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  A Guide to Jesuit Colleges LevelUP 0 195 01-25-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  15 Worst Bachelors - Student Loan Dept bjcheung77 9 826 12-31-2023, 02:45 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  US student visa issuances now exceed pre-COVID levels bjcheung77 1 374 12-26-2023, 04:17 AM
Last Post: RavindraNagai