Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letter of Qualification... EC Grads please help!
Phew! I just had Excelsior update my status report for the last time. It has been an arduous 10-month journey to earn my B.S. in General Business. I shall be graduating with 121 credits (61 Traditional & 60 Tested out) and a GPA of 3.62. I'll cherish this enriching experience and being part of the InstantCert fraternity. It wouldn't have been possible without you guys!

I've applied to a handful of M&B Graduate programs for Fall 2008 and their deadlines are approaching. What I need to do now in order to secure my place is provide them with a Letter of Qualification from EC because I won't be graduating until May 16, 2008 which is past all application deadlines.

My adviser at EC tells me, "Once you have completed your degree requirements, your records have been approved and processed for graduation, and you have paid the Graduation Fee, you may request a Letter of Qualification from the Records office."

Can any of the EC graduates or "would-be" graduates here please help me with the time frame for the above? I mean, assuming that I have completed all my degree requirements today and ready to fork out the graduation fee ASAP (I can even pay it over the phone, they said), how long will it take to obtain my LOQ? Please advise.
I can't help you with all of your questions, but I contacted Excelsior on February 27 and had my approval by March 6. Amazingly, I will graduate on April 18. I think that contacting them by phone gets things moving much more quickly than by email.

They were supposed to have mailed my grad packet on March 6. I would recommend you overnight the packet once received and then phone them the following day.

I timed my exams so that the last 2 weeks were all ECE exams and that way they would have the exams in my transcript by the next day. Therefore, my last 2 exams were the 26th and I called on the 27th after I logged in and confirmed that it showed my status.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Barbara! You gave me just what I was looking for.

Anyone else who can share his/her experience regarding this?
srijay Wrote:Can any of the EC graduates or "would-be" graduates here please help me with the time frame for the above? I mean, assuming that I have completed all my degree requirements today and ready to fork out the graduation fee ASAP (I can even pay it over the phone, they said), how long will it take to obtain my LOQ? Please advise.
As I recall it, my file was submitted at the end of the month, and the degree was conferred the very next month. Specifically, first degree file submitted March 30; degree conferred April 24. Second time round, file submitted March 31, degree conferred April 16.

The differences in the time from submission to conferral are due to the different dates the Regents happend to meet in the month of April, year to year. Of course, it could take longer now, but my academic advisors went out of their way to make sure the documents where "in" before the end of the month.

Lawrie Miller
BS Political Science, BS General Business
Thanks! I got my Letter of Qualification mailed out today.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Septmber Grads(TESU) Johmford 0 969 06-04-2018, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Letter of intent to graduate the same as the certification email? Chef945 4 1,576 02-18-2018, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Chef945
  For EC's July 2017 Grads - "Commencement in a Box" SuZQ2 1 888 06-01-2017, 11:35 AM
Last Post: Ideas
  Do CSU Global CBE's show a letter grade on COSC transcript? ITS320EX Basic Programmin mudball 1 1,324 04-13-2017, 02:27 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Do StraighterLine Courses Get A Letter Grade When Transfered to TESU? 11302 1 889 03-27-2016, 02:12 PM
Last Post: adavis84
  TESU Certification Letter craigfin 2 804 03-18-2016, 05:06 PM
Last Post: craigfin
  Oral Communication Waiver letter - COSC Al2010x 2 775 12-23-2015, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Al2010x
  credit by exam to letter grade conversion at Excelsior clep3705 2 686 04-12-2015, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Lindagerr
  Does Excelsior College give Letter Grades for ALEKS, Straighter Line, or Saylor? Toastmaster 4 826 03-12-2015, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Toastmaster
  Does Excelsior College give letter marks for clep exams or they give a pass/fail? rklein 2 664 03-08-2015, 11:49 PM
Last Post: SuZQ2