Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lib Arts Health + Wellness Concentration
Worst comes to worse, the Finnish courses can still be used as electives of some sort for a regular BALS. As long as the courses are enjoyable, paying $200 each for 1-3 evaluations from different universities isn't a bad price to pay for "RA" credits.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I don't know if this applies to all of XAMK or just part of it, but the instructor for my Seasonality & Tourism Planning course just said that they've "updated the curriculum, so this course won't be offered again". I know that some of the continuous-enrollment health courses are currently set to expire in December. I would suggest taking as many of them as possible, in case they aren't offered again after they expire. Hopefully, they'll have some good new offerings soon. This one looks new (but it's not continuous enrollment): https://www.xamk.fi/en/open-amk-courses/...ects-cr-4/
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • k-k-k-katy
(10-14-2021, 01:36 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 11:45 AM)k-k-k-katy Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 06:29 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Check this new thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...IT-courses

Most of the MOOC (free) courses are CS/IT, but they currently have a 2-credit "Rethinking Health" course (must enroll by December). https://studies.helsinki.fi/courses/cur/...ing_health

It's probably not worth getting just 2 ECTS evaluated, but you might find some interesting/useful courses on other topics. Or they might add more Health & Wellness options in January. I have no idea, but I think it'd be worth taking the 2-credit course just in case.

Thanks!!! I definitely will check that out!  I am hoping the XAMK courses we did take (GER, NUT) will fit exactly into our AOS.  I emailed back and forth with an assistant dean (health and wellness) at TESU recently and there seemed to be quite a reluctance to accept ANY alternative HEA or FIT courses (I sent a long list of SDC, Coopersmith possibilities as examples of how the HEA and FIT courses could be met by alternative credit to meet AOS requirements).  There was "just" a bit of hope, though, so I'm not giving up.  I think he wanted to know EXACTLY which courses I wanted to use in place of THEIR exact courses.  I'll head over to the other thread and see what's up.  I have LOVED the XAMK courses, they are great, the instructors are very responsive, the course content REALLY good.

So the issue with this particular cert being more difficult to get is that they have a very specific set of courses you must take, rather than something like the Marketing cert, which has 2 specific courses and then 4 elective courses (https://www.tesu.edu/business/marketing).

So really, you are looking for those EXACT courses.  The only one I know for sure is SDC's NUTR 101: Science of Nutrition (although I'm guessing Coopersmith's SCI-101: The Science of Nutrition; SCIx259: The Science of Nutrition (UExcel), and NUTRI101: Introduction to Nutrition (SL) will work as well).

Coopersmith used to have Kinesiology, but no longer does.

The other things that have to do with Fitness and Health don't really match up to the courses TESU requires.  Like, Coopersmith's FIT-101: Fundamentals of Fitness and SL's PE101: Personal Fitness & Wellness don't line up with FIT-230 (which is more about assessing fitness and wellness of others and creating programs for them).

I would give up on this as being way too expensive.  You might find one elsewhere for cheaper as it's just an undergrad cert.

yes, it is a more complicated (convoluted) journey, for sure.  We not only have planned out/written out Plan A, but also Plan B, AND Plan C (not H&W), haha Smile.  Did find *very* close course matches with XAMK Gerontology and also Nutrition.  That's 2 down, 4 to go for the AOS.  I keep looking here every day and following up on any new possibilities while we work away on our other requirements.  Most of you veterans blazed trails so if we can't use the exact path you already cleared we need to draw on your "spirit" and get out our machetes.  Smile  We found MOOCs for Women's Health and FIT-230...so PLA is still a possibility.  We both will end up with a degree at the end but it might not happen the way we think it will, Plan D?  I really appreciate your input!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes k-k-k-katy's post:
  • rachel83az
I need one more (quick) UL course to fulfill Liberal Studies "General Coursework."  Would the TEEX Death Investigation course be accepted/fill that slot for my H&W degree plan?  Thanks!!!
It's not super clear, but it looks like any Liberal Studies course(s) can be used to make up missing UL credits. Which means that Death Investigation should work just fine. If you want to be sure, I would email an advisor with something like "I would like to have AOJ-340 Criminalistics pre-planned in my degree plan, thanks."
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • k-k-k-katy
(11-17-2021, 04:19 PM)rachel83az Wrote: It's not super clear, but it looks like any Liberal Studies course(s) can be used to make up missing UL credits. Which means that Death Investigation should work just fine. If you want to be sure, I would email an advisor with something like "I would like to have AOJ-340 Criminalistics pre-planned in my degree plan, thanks."
Thank you!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice needed for Health Degree thethinker58 12 1,015 02-14-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: thethinker58
  Psychology or Liberal Arts with Excelsior University H31d1 6 507 10-01-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: H31d1
  Please help me plan my Gen Ed courses for a Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics at SNHU ausernameisneeded 13 1,902 08-01-2023, 01:20 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Help with TESU AAS in Health Studies Pathway to BSN maebak2skl 14 1,086 07-07-2023, 01:01 PM
Last Post: maebak2skl
  Excelsior liberal arts and Tesu Business admin ! jakill2 7 706 04-11-2023, 02:51 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excel: BPS in Technology Management with a Nuclear Technology Concentration. Radcon7 5 859 01-06-2023, 09:41 AM
Last Post: allvia
  Plan for Excelsior BS Liberal Arts JTPhoneHome 16 2,274 11-18-2022, 06:08 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Where to get Liberal Arts degree? NBM123 13 1,414 10-12-2022, 06:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Seeking advice -UMPI BBA - Project Management Concentration tb1109 3 566 10-08-2022, 11:38 AM
  Anyone doing medicine or health science online? NewatTESU 7 950 10-02-2022, 04:56 PM