Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liberal Arts Bachelors Degree
Hello. I have 52 credits from Sophia, and I am interested in transferring to UMPI. Other than Instacert's for Spanish, any other ACE credits you guys recommend I can take to fulfill my Liberal Arts Degree?My goal is to have my degree in a year Big Grin Thanks
Welcome a-board! Hey, since you're into Sophia.org classes, you should take at least a few more so you get up to 90 credits or more. This way, you would only need to take the minimum requirements that can't be transferred into UMPI. Here's a link created by one of our members/mods: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...quivalents
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
According to ashkir, you should take a biology class somewhere instead of UMPI's biology. Options include: Study.com's Biology 101L: Intro to Biology with Lab (unknown right now if this will actually be accepted to fill the requirement), Biology w/ lab from TEL Learning, or Olivet Nazarene's Biology. They'd all cost roughly the same, though SDC would allow you to take another class as well. Personally, I'd suggest ONU but it's up to you which one you want to try.

You could also take Instantcert's astronomy, according to ss20ts.

Is there some reason why you didn't finish off everything at Sophia? Everything minus the English Comp courses should be more than 52 credits.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-28-2021, 07:14 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Welcome a-board!  Hey, since you're into Sophia.org classes, you should take at least a few more so you get up to 90 credits or more.  This way, you would only need to take the minimum requirements that can't be transferred into UMPI.  Here's a link created by one of our members/mods: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...quivalents
Thank you. I will check that.

(03-28-2021, 07:19 PM)rachel83az Wrote: According to ashkir, you should take a biology class somewhere instead of UMPI's biology. Options include: Study.com's Biology 101L: Intro to Biology with Lab (unknown right now if this will actually be accepted to fill the requirement), Biology w/ lab from TEL Learning, or Olivet Nazarene's Biology. They'd all cost roughly the same, though SDC would allow you to take another class as well. Personally, I'd suggest ONU but it's up to you which one you want to try.

You could also take Instantcert's astronomy, according to ss20ts.

Is there some reason why you didn't finish off everything at Sophia? Everything minus the English Comp courses should be more than 52 credits.

I am planning to do all the classes at Sophia minus English Comp because I heard it's hell. I should be done with Sophia in the next two months or so and than apply to UMPI.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lah231's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Am I on the right path for any BLS degree rme1987 11 300 03-27-2024, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Transfer and see what transfers, BEFORE starting the degree? ecdw94 8 372 03-24-2024, 01:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Non-Degree Enrollment PreLawCoastie 0 206 03-02-2024, 06:33 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  I earned an Honors BLS Degree with Two Minors in 8 days!! basicunitoflife 34 3,294 03-01-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: laknight
  Help with getting a degree ASAP Talia99 3 289 02-27-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Smile BAS UMPI Degree Planning Questions Chimera 6 565 02-25-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Does spain/EU accept UMPI degree? Solden81 4 430 02-21-2024, 08:30 PM
  Master's program at UMPI with an existing UoPeople BS-CS degree ecdw94 29 2,398 02-20-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  UMPI Degree Help - Bachelor of Applied Science hicham78h 13 498 02-20-2024, 04:23 AM
  UMPI - Degree Plan Help NJC2023 16 1,552 02-19-2024, 11:44 AM
Last Post: NJC2023