Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liberty University
(01-19-2018, 02:55 PM)clep3705 Wrote: Corrected link to Liberty University challenge exams: http://www.liberty.edu/academics/registr...?PID=37838

There are 24 hours of upper level challenge exams:

Course    Description                       Test Offered
BIBL 450 Daniel: Revelation              Residential & Online
BIBL 497 Bible Prophecies                 Residential & Online
BUSI 300 Business Communications   Online Only
BUSI 310 Principles of Management    Online Only
BUSI 330 Principles of Marketing        Online Only
GREK 301 Greek Grammar III            Residential Only
GREK 302 Greek Syntax & Reading     Residential Only
THEO 497 Eschatology                      Residential & Online

Throw out the Greek and there are 18 hours of upper level challenge credits. Can those count toward the 30 hours of required Liberty courses?

They probably can; however, with the remaining credits I would have left to take through LU, 50% must be in the major. So not sure if all of those would work, but maybe some. I've actually already done Management and Marketing. Thanks for the list!
They require three Bible classes. They waive either one or two with enough transferred-in credits (two different thresholds), and the third can be tested out of.

But, no, their challenge exams don't count as Liberty-earned credit. They treat them as assessment of outside learning.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
If you are already enrolled in LUO and have most of your classes done can you add external credits from sources like clep or SL, or would they have to have been transferred in at the beginning of your LUO journey?

I have a friend who has about one year left until she earns her BA in Biblical Counseling at LUO. She is considering putting her education on hold and getting a job while her husband finishes his degree. I would love to share with her how she could expedite her credits, but don't want to misinform her.

Thanks for any advice you have!
(01-19-2018, 02:55 PM)clep3705 Wrote: Corrected link to Liberty University challenge exams: http://www.liberty.edu/academics/registr...?PID=37838

There are 24 hours of upper level challenge exams:

Course    Description                       Test Offered
BIBL 450 Daniel: Revelation              Residential & Online
BIBL 497 Bible Prophecies                 Residential & Online
BUSI 300 Business Communications   Online Only
BUSI 310 Principles of Management    Online Only
BUSI 330 Principles of Marketing        Online Only
GREK 301 Greek Grammar III            Residential Only
GREK 302 Greek Syntax & Reading     Residential Only
THEO 497 Eschatology                      Residential & Online

Throw out the Greek and there are 18 hours of upper level challenge credits. Can those count toward the 30 hours of required Liberty courses?

Does anyone know if a non LU student can take these ICE's and transfer them to another university (like people do with teceps and Uexcels)?
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(10-07-2018, 02:10 AM)walkingbyfaith Wrote: If you are already enrolled in LUO and have most of your classes done can you add external credits from sources like clep or SL, or would they have to have been transferred in at the beginning of your LUO journey?

I have a friend who has about one year left until she earns her BA in Biblical Counseling at LUO. She is considering putting her education on hold and getting a job while her husband finishes his degree. I would love to share with her how she could expedite her credits, but don't want to misinform her.

I’m in my last year at LUO and I have transferred stuff in throughout. I plan on transferring in 2 StraighterLine classes next month, just need a break to get them knocked out, taking 9credits this term. Feel free to message me on what she still needs, I have successfully figured out mine and my husbands course schedule so that we only take the max of 30 LU credits so we could transfer in the rest with cheaper credits.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ekelley's post:
  • hsfamfun
(10-07-2018, 09:47 AM)Ekelley Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 02:10 AM)walkingbyfaith Wrote: If you are already enrolled in LUO and have most of your classes done can you add external credits from sources like clep or SL, or would they have to have been transferred in at the beginning of your LUO journey?

I’m in my last year at LUO and I have transferred stuff in throughout. I plan on transferring in 2 StraighterLine classes next month, just need a break to get them knocked out, taking 9credits this term. Feel free to message me on what she still needs, I have successfully figured out mine and my husbands course schedule so that we only take the max of 30 LU credits so we could transfer in the rest with cheaper credits.

Thank you so much! I am so happy to hear that.

Yes.  I just transferred in my math and English over the summer, and I'm currently in my last two classes.  But I would recommend if one plans to do this, that one gets the courses approved for the degree plan first, just to be sure they'll count.  (StraighterLine's classes should already  have course equivalents, so you should have no trouble.  I had no issue with ALEKS Statistics via ACE, either.  But in my experience, ACE-approved classes don't all transfer in as what you'd expect, so it doesn't hurt to have the extra insurance of documentation saying they've already accepted the class.)  https://www.liberty.edu/academics/regist...?PID=27633

MNomadic, I'm pretty sure ICE credit won't transfer.  It would be up to the receiving institution, ultimately, but I doubt most places would take it.

I should add that I would consider myself quite knowledgeable about the Bible and the BIBL 104 ICE exam was not the slam-dunk I'd anticipated. I did pass it on the first go, but I wouldn't call it "easy."
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 224 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,613 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,556 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  American Public University? nomaduser 33 2,937 03-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 601 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,243 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,611 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 352 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Metropolia University Common Problems Resolved mariobros1985 21 2,491 02-24-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: therightstuff