Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liberty University
Liberty University has a bachelors degree in Interdisciplinary Studies. Looks very interesting and very hackable. Anyone have any knowledge or experience with Liberty University?
They're a tad expensive, I would go a different route if possible. 30 credits at that price range of $400 = 12,000 for the last year...
That's twice the price of TESU or three of Excelsior. Link: https://www.liberty.edu/online/tuition-and-fees/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
$12k is something like 3-4x that of UMPI, too.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
With the 15% Sophia discount, Liberty Unversity is $9945.

There is a Wiki degree plan for the business which can be used to help figure out the General Ed for any degree
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/LU...egree_Plan
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • RachelB
Liberty University is really putting together some great online programs; they are the only one in the country that does an online PhD in History (something I had thought of pursuing and searched far and wide for one, but changed my mind).  However, I'd carefully consider whether or not you'd want Liberty on your resume.
BA - History, Arizona State University
MS - Organizational Leadership, Johns Hopkins University (in progress)
(01-08-2024, 05:42 AM)rachel83az Wrote: $12k is something like 3-4x that of UMPI, too.

Yeah but, does UMPI have a football team. Liberty University football players are high achievers on the field and in the classroom. Big Grin Big Grin 
https://www.si.com/college/2024/01/13/li...-had-jokes

Any UMPI distance education students lead an NFL team to a Super Bowl victory?

Big Grin Big Grin
Chief Petty Officer
United States Navy (Retired)
(01-15-2024, 01:22 PM)Charles Fout Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 05:42 AM)rachel83az Wrote: $12k is something like 3-4x that of UMPI, too.

Yeah but, does UMPI have a football team. Liberty University football players are high achievers on the field and in the classroom. Big Grin Big Grin 

Big Grin Big Grin

I don't give a flying hoot about a football team. I never cared about college sports even when I was 20 attending in person classes on campus. I couldn't tell you what sports teams any of the colleges I've attended had. And I've been to a lot of colleges.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • indigoshuffle, rachel83az
(01-15-2024, 09:58 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(01-15-2024, 01:22 PM)Charles Fout Wrote:

Yeah but, does UMPI have a football team. Liberty University football players are high achievers on the field and in the classroom. :

:

I don't give a flying hoot about a football team. I never cared about college sports even when I was 20 attending in person classes on campus. I couldn't tell you what sports teams any of the colleges I've attended had. And I've been to a lot of colleges.
So, you won't be filling out a bracket for March Madness?

Liberty University's Women's basketball team, the Lady Flames, has been very competitive for many years

Also of note, Liberty University's Ice Hockey team is always among the topped ranked collegiate teams. Smile
Chief Petty Officer
United States Navy (Retired)
Liberty is mostly online now, I think they'll compare similarly to other institutions that are online such as UMGC, the main campus for University of Maryland has a football team I think, so other UMGC students who are in favor of a football team would cheer for the team on the main campus. Anyways, going the UMGC route would also yield a $10K bachelors if you can transfer in the max. They have discounts if you're from Asia or Europe, at $250/credit undergrad vs $499 out of state.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) No Application Fee LevelUP 2 94 04-25-2024, 08:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of the People Experiences ashkir 61 10,355 04-08-2024, 04:18 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
Lightbulb Purdue University Global - BA Information Technology [Review & Advice] 9yeire 49 7,557 04-04-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Lifestyle Prescriptions University ADC2305 2 341 03-18-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ADC2305
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 423 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University of Wisconsin has a self-paced, competency-based program MikeHez 28 6,029 02-25-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  University of the People - Fee Price Hike bjcheung77 21 3,652 02-01-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Colorado State University GLOBAL? GoBroncos95 3 770 01-30-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University of AZ: Are these 10-wk Business Analytics Cert Courses Worth the $? Claudia P 3 458 01-18-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  Texas A&M University-Commerce competency based degree goldendoodle101 61 15,631 12-14-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77