Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liberty University ALEKS
Does anyone know if Liberty University Online will accept ALEKS math credits?
clephy Wrote:Does anyone know if Liberty University Online will accept ALEKS math credits?

They list ACE credit on their website so you've at least got a shot since that is how ALEKS courses are brought over, but what courses they match are up to the school. It sounds like they are looking to have you partner up with ACE for workplace credits and not necessarily for things like ALEKS, but you'd want to talk with the school about what they'd give credit for. If they don't give credit for ALEKS then their site shows that they accept CLEP, DSST, Excelsior Exams (ECE), and after searching this site for Liberty University it appears that they take Straigherline too. You've got lots of options but you should double check with the school.

Quite a nice of credit accepted at that school:
Earn more credit for prior learning | Liberty University Online

ACE Credit Page of Liberty University (note that they say they don't give credit for all courses):
http://www.liberty.edu/online/index.cfm?PID=15718
My completed "non-traditional" credits include 27 credits from CLEP, 30 credits from DSST, 6 credits from ALEKS, 19 credits from FEMA courses including PDS, 3 credits from NFA courses, 10 credits from ACE Workplace Training, 3 credits from a TESC TECEP exam, and 3 credits from a TESC PLA course.
Thanks for the help, but I did some more research and found out that ALEKS credit is recorded as Pass/Fail, and I know LUO does not accept P/F credits.
Just take the math with Straighterline, I found Straighterline way much easier vs. ALEKS.

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
Yes they accept ALEKS! My wife applied to both Excelsior and Liberty and sending transcripts to both schools. College Algebra (ALEK-0003) would be considered Math 121 and Business Statistics (ALEK-0008) would be considered an upper business elective BUSI 3XX. You need to go to Liberty's website under their Forms & Downloads page and fill out the Transient Request (RTTAC) and email to them. The form says to send to email the form to luougtransferforms@liberty.edu
Joe,
Liberty University, MBA in Accounting (2012)
Excelsior BS - General Business (2009)
CPCU Designation (2010)
Joel66 I sent you a message (:
joel66 Wrote:Yes they accept ALEKS! My wife applied to both Excelsior and Liberty and sending transcripts to both schools. College Algebra (ALEK-0003) would be considered Math 121 and Business Statistics (ALEK-0008) would be considered an upper business elective BUSI 3XX. You need to go to Liberty's website under their Forms & Downloads page and fill out the Transient Request (RTTAC) and email to them. The form says to send to email the form to luougtransferforms@liberty.edu

Does anyone know if the Aleks that are accepted to Liberty U through ACE are graded or just pass/fail? Thanks!
~Kelley

Clep's Passed :p
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][SIZE="2"]Sociology (57)
Human Growth & Development (60)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
I had it added to my ACE transcript which shows classes as P/F I believe
I was on the phone with them a couple of weeks ago asking this very question, and I'm pretty sure they do.
My website: http://www.collegebyclep.com/home

English, B.A. from Thomas Edison State College
Engaged in first semester of graduate studies in English at Liberty University

Analyzing and Interpreting Literature 73
Biology 65
Western Civilization I 67
College Algebra 70
Western Civilization II 71
History of the U.S. II 68
College Mathematics 77
College Composition 63
American Literature 61
American Government 57
Info. Systems & Computer App 66
Principles of Management 58
Introductory Sociology 59
Introductory Psychology 68
History of the US I 69
Social Sciences and History 72
Principles of Microeconomics 68
Principles of Macroeconomics 65
Humanities 72
Principles of Marketing 69
Natural Sciences 64
Introduction to World Religions 458
Principles of Supervision 433
Introduction to Business 434
English Literature 72
My daughter goes to Liberty (resident student) and they do take Aleks College Algebra as their Math 121. Also, all transfer credit to Liberty is by pass/fail and not a letter grade. My daughter will be doing Straighterline and Aleks this summer and having the credit transfer via ACE. Good Luck.
~Kelley

Clep's Passed :p
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][SIZE="2"]Sociology (57)
Human Growth & Development (60)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 36 3,442 04-16-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 315 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,717 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,765 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 742 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,310 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,742 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 400 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 566 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Metropolia University Common Problems Resolved mariobros1985 21 2,594 02-24-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: therightstuff