Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liberty University - Masters ?
Good morning everyone,
Has anyone attended Liberty online for a masters program? If so, could you share your experience? Are the grades based on proctored exams, papers, discussion posts, etc?

Any and all info I would appreciate. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
I started a program but transferred after three classes but honestly I hated the fact that we have to incorporate religious studies and the universities beliefs in the papers. Papers average per class 10-20 pages each some classes only had one some had two. Proctored exams are open book / open notes and you have one week to do the exam in one sitting (you cant do the exam over the course of a few days). Trust me if you did not do the readings you are going to struggle hard. Discussion post were normal you post and respond to two. Depending on the professor they have a word limit required like 500 words or two paragraphs.
[-] The following 3 users Like newdegree's post:
  • acamp, jch, sks972
I did a master with liberty online. The students in study groups were great. Customer service was excellent. The school was aggressive - like a for-profit. I am on the agnostic atheist spectrum. I did not mind quoting scriptures. I used the bible like any other "qualitatively" resource. No one tried to convert me to Christianity but I knew going in it was a religious organization. I won't do another program there because they are currently many alternatives.
(04-06-2021, 02:22 PM)Dumber Wrote: I did a master with liberty online. The students in study groups were great. Customer service was excellent. The school was aggressive - like a for-profit. I am on the agnostic atheist spectrum. I did not mind quoting scriptures. I used the bible like any other "qualitatively" resource. No one tried to convert me to Christianity but I knew going in it was a religious organization. I won't do another program there because they are currently many alternatives.

Thanks for the response on your experience there. You said that there are many alternatives - specifically in which regards? Better price for a masters, quicker?

And did you find the professors to be sticklers out to get you in the papers or overall helpful?

Thanks again.

(04-06-2021, 03:31 PM)acamp Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 02:22 PM)Dumber Wrote: I did a master with liberty online. The students in study groups were great. Customer service was excellent. The school was aggressive - like a for-profit. I am on the agnostic atheist spectrum. I did not mind quoting scriptures. I used the bible like any other "qualitatively" resource. No one tried to convert me to Christianity but I knew going in it was a religious organization.  I won't do another program there because they are currently many alternatives.

Thanks for the response on your experience there.  You said that there are many alternatives - specifically in which regards?  Better price for a masters, quicker?

And did you find the professors to be sticklers out to get you in the papers or overall helpful?

Thanks again.

I did my master's many years ago. At that time Liberty's program best suited my needs. However, since then many similar programs to Liberty are now available. - I found the religious part of the essays very interesting because they are some cool things there, and not so cool things there -  like everything else under the sun. I found some interesting quotes from the scriptures (by googling) to go with a few points I made in many of my essays- an easy few marks.
(04-06-2021, 02:22 PM)Dumber Wrote: I did a master with liberty online. The students in study groups were great. Customer service was excellent. The school was aggressive - like a for-profit. I am on the agnostic atheist spectrum. I did not mind quoting scriptures. I used the bible like any other "qualitatively" resource. No one tried to convert me to Christianity but I knew going in it was a religious organization.  I won't do another program there because they are currently many alternatives.

Thanks for the response on your experience there.  You said that there are many alternatives - specifically in which regards?  Better price for a masters, quicker?

Thanks again.

what are you trying to study at Liberty? I can give you a few options..
(04-07-2021, 08:59 AM)newdegree Wrote:

Thanks again.

Possibly Ed leadership/supervision program

(04-07-2021, 09:27 AM)acamp Wrote:

Thanks again.

Buena Vista University has a masters in education - Teacher leadership degree for $260 per credit - https://www.bvu.edu/programs/graduate/ed...nstruction
That's the cheapest.. 
I would check this list of schools out to see what you can find as cheaper and alternative options. 
https://www.onlineu.org/most-affordable-...rs-degrees

Also check your states requirements for supervisor positions as they may require certain degrees, schools, licenses, or programs to be completed. You want to find a school that works with your state typically state universities in your state work with the department of education requirements for that state.

Also check out American College of Education MS in Educational Leadership it cost $9,500 for whole program but they do not offer financial aid loans, they do offer payment plans though.

https://www.ace.edu/explore/med-ed-leade...NVEALw_wcB
PRINCIPAL LICENSURE APPROVAL

ACE’s M.Ed. in Educational Leadership is approved for principal licensure in Arizona, Florida, Indiana, Ohio and Texas. If you are seeking licensure in another state, you are still welcome to apply to the M.Ed. in Educational Leadership program but you also may need to satisfy other requirements set by your state for licensure, such as years of service or internship hours.
[-] The following 1 user Likes newdegree's post:
  • acamp
(04-07-2021, 09:59 AM)newdegree Wrote:

Thanks again.

Buena Vista University has a masters in education - Teacher leadership degree for $260 per credit - https://www.bvu.edu/programs/graduate/ed...nstruction
That's the cheapest.. 
I would check this list of schools out to see what you can find as cheaper and alternative options. 

Also check your states requirements for supervisor positions as they may require certain degrees, schools, licenses, or programs to be completed. You want to find a school that works with your state typically state universities in your state work with the department of education requirements for that state.

Also check out American College of Education MS in Educational Leadership it cost $9,500 for whole program but they do not offer financial aid loans, they do offer payment plans though.

ACE’s M.Ed. in Educational Leadership is approved for principal licensure in Arizona, Florida, Indiana, Ohio and Texas. If you are seeking licensure in another state, you are still welcome to apply to the M.Ed. in Educational Leadership program but you also may need to satisfy other requirements set by your state for licensure, such as years of service or internship hours.

I appreciate your help! As you mentioned, the state requirements can vary based on each school. I know that Liberty is approved for my state without any issues and for their reputation and price I wasn’t sure.

Are you former military or a first responder? I see that they offer deep discounts if the student is

(04-07-2021, 11:28 AM)acamp Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 09:59 AM)newdegree Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 03:31 PM)acamp Wrote: Thanks for the response on your experience there.  You said that there are many alternatives - specifically in which regards?  Better price for a masters, quicker?

Thanks again.

That's the cheapest.. 

I appreciate your help!  As you mentioned, the state requirements can vary based on each school.  I know that Liberty is approved for my state without any issues and for their reputation and price I wasn’t sure.

Are you former military or a first responder?  I see that they offer deep discounts if the student is

Former first responder. They use to offer a better first responder discount rate.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 245 Yesterday, 12:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 15 1,074 03-27-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PaperAssistant
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 278 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 496 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,460 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 269 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  A very big thank you to this group. I have completed my Masters in IT from PUG NewatTESU 31 4,098 03-14-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 548 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,850 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 13,978 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel