Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Light at the End of the Tunnel!!!
I have received an email saying that I am cleared for graduation for my BA in Music from TESU! Thank you very much @rachel83az, @ss20ts, @topdog98, @carrythenothing, and all the DF members for your help and support! This would not be possible without all of you and the wealth of information here. I remember starting with Sophia's free courses during lockdown, and here I am today. Getting an online music degree was not easy especially trying to find online UL music courses, but it is not entirely impossible.

Out of the 15 UL, 12 credits were music courses and the other 3 was a Humanities or History course (I think it was the Food Trucks, Ice Cream History, or Garment Industry course from Coopersmith, can't remember). That way was much faster and cheaper than if I were to hunt for another UL music course.

The Jewish Music course from Coopersmith did count towards the UL AOS for only 3 credits, not 6 credits as stated on Coopersmith's website. But Coopersmith's Music Education, although UL, did not count since it is a Early Childhood Education course. I wanted to take Music Therapy as well from Coopersmith, but I was told that it transfers as a LL at TESU so I did not take that course.

Just wondering, could we possibly create a wiki page for a BA Music plan? I hope that my information will help someone else searching for music courses to complete. I am also happy to answer any questions if anybody is interested in completing a music degree this way.

Again I really appreciate all the help! Next I will start my masters in music at a brick and mortar school in the fall.
Pierpont BOG AAS Information Systems 2022 
TESU BA Music 2023

Obtained tons of credit from Sophia, Study.com, InstantCert Credit, TEEX, CLEP,  UExcel, Straighterline, CSMLearn, Coopersmith, Coursera, and CC
[-] The following 4 users Like eminor7's post:
  • allvia, bonbon622, CatsDomino, origamishuttle
Congratulations!

If this is a degree that others could duplicate relatively easily, we can certainly create a wiki page for it. I think you're the first person we know of who was able to complete a TESU music degree.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(05-11-2023, 03:42 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Congratulations!

If this is a degree that others could duplicate relatively easily, we can certainly create a wiki page for it. I think you're the first person we know of who was able to complete a TESU music degree.

I've helped 2 people get this degree in the past - but one had already gone to an expensive school for the degree, and were able to bring in a bunch of UL music courses, and the other had gone to a CC and had the required courses, and was able to PLA the rest of their UL (this was when you had to have all of your AoS in the major, and other humanities didn't count).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • origamishuttle
Awesome, great work eminor7! You can always copy/paste what courses you took and where you took them for the major into this thread and someone can update the WIKI.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-11-2023, 09:45 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Awesome, great work eminor7!  You can always copy/paste what courses you took and where you took them for the major into this thread and someone can update the WIKI.
Thank you BJ!

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/TE...U_BA_Music

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...s_in_Music

I have made the wiki page and updated the music portion of the TESU AA page to include more LL credits. I am open to modifications and editing as I do not know how to format the page and I am not sure if I am missing any information. Thank you all very much! @ss20ts and @topdog98 both of you took time and searched all over for UL courses and I can't thank both of you and everybody else who have answered my questions enough. 

@Nivondu and @strawberrygreen also completed music degrees from TESU, and I was inspired by them and a few other members (musictester and fallingwaters?) to complete the TESU BA Music. Thank you to both of you as well!
Pierpont BOG AAS Information Systems 2022 
TESU BA Music 2023

Obtained tons of credit from Sophia, Study.com, InstantCert Credit, TEEX, CLEP,  UExcel, Straighterline, CSMLearn, Coopersmith, Coursera, and CC
[-] The following 2 users Like eminor7's post:
  • bonbon622, origamishuttle
Congratulations! ?? We don't see many music graduates, so that is really nice to see, and always happy to see DF members continuing onto masters programs. Best of luck!
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
[-] The following 1 user Likes SweetSecret's post:
  • eminor7