Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Likes no longer available?
bjcheung77 Wrote:Have there been more updates to vBulletin? I didn't notice much change actually.

V4.2 is the final version of 4 series. v5 is the current release line.
One glaring issue however, is despite upgrading to v4.2, the admin still didn't enable mobile view in the control panel, so this site is still not usable on mobile phones and tablets.
https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main...bile_style
I'm able to access it and use it on my mobile device. I think there are some mobile devices that can't be used, but not all.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
BrandeX Wrote:V4.2 is the final version of 4 series. v5 is the current release line.
One glaring issue however, is despite upgrading to v4.2, the admin still didn't enable mobile view in the control panel, so this site is still not usable on mobile phones and tablets.
https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main...bile_style

4.2.5 is the current 4.x version if you don't want to jump to 5.x, and this forum is on a very vulnerable (security-wise) 4.2.0. It'll be nice to finally catch up after this update happens.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
rlw74 Wrote:I'm able to access it and use it on my mobile device. I think there are some mobile devices that can't be used, but not all.
Me too, never a problem with any of my devices.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
We purchased the new vBulletin 5 over a week ago... Just waiting for their techs to handle the upgrade for us. We got the full Mobile version that's supposed to come with Android and iPhone apps for accessing the forum as well, so we'll see how that works out.

Thank you for your patience! Smile
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
sgloer Wrote:We purchased the new vBulletin 5 over a week ago... Just waiting for their techs to handle the upgrade for us. We got the full Mobile version that's supposed to come with Android and iPhone apps for accessing the forum as well, so we'll see how that works out.

can't wait! Thank you!
sgloer Wrote:We purchased the new vBulletin 5 over a week ago... Just waiting for their techs to handle the upgrade for us. We got the full Mobile version that's supposed to come with Android and iPhone apps for accessing the forum as well, so we'll see how that works out.

Excellent!

Per the replies above that "it works on phone". Of course it loads, you can look at any website on your phone. This forum does not have formatting for mobile, so you have to swipe back and forth, line by line to read anything which is worthless.

The v5 will be a great addition and much applauded.
Not sure what phone you're using but on mine the text wraps perfectly within the screen. I don't have to do any swiping back and forth.

Attached Files
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">Screenshot_2017-07-05.jpg (Size: 23.23 KB / Downloads: 0)

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
I use Chrome on Android and can view the forum normally.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
bricabrac Wrote:Not sure what phone you're using but on mine the text wraps perfectly within the screen. I don't have to do any swiping back and forth.
This particular forum is pretty mobile device friendly because the layout is fairly sparse (no extra sidebars and the like) and it does not host advertising. Still, I have zoom in to navigate a list of threads, which a mobile version of the site would probably avoid. I also occasionally run into short posts, where the font that Chrome picks is small and I have to zoom (and then horizontally scroll) to read...not a big deal, especially on the 7" tablet which is my mobile device for forums.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  'We must act! ... We will no longer exist' bjcheung77 8 849 09-22-2022, 12:20 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  15 companies that no longer require a college degree dfrecore 11 2,802 09-08-2018, 08:11 AM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  Have you ever analyzed your likes received and likes given? sanantone 18 1,953 12-22-2013, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Daithi