Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Limbo UMPI - Course Recommendations maybe second degree?
(02-23-2021, 08:21 AM)cmilstead9 Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 07:15 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Are you getting the BA in Business Administration w/concentration in Management & Leadership?  Or the B of Liberal Studies with Management Minor?

Depending on which one, you can certainly get an additional concentration for the BABA (like Project Management) or Minor for the BLS (like Project Management or Accounting).

You should make sure you know for sure which one you're getting, and what the other options are.  Then, the only thing you can really do is wait for an official eval before making any decisions.

I would also make sure that you complete an entire degree before adding a Concentration/Minor.  It's very easy to get caught up in the whole "what else can I do?" enthusiasm, and halfway do a couple of different degrees and have nothing to show for it at the end.  Instead, choose your degree and concentration/minor, finish it, and THEN if you have time left in a term (or have the money to do another term), you can add that extra concentration/minor.  You always want to at least finish one thing, in case life happens and you can't do more.

It's a BA in Business Admin with a concentration in Management. I also had no idea that you could complete the degree before adding the concentration. I thought once you were done that was it. Thank you for the information.

I think you're a bit confused. You'll be working on your concentration in Management the entire time you're at UMPI. You can't complete the degree without the concentration. The concentration is part of the degree. You can add additional concentrations or minors. You can't take away the concentration though unless you change concentrations like you switched to Accounting or Project Management.
(02-23-2021, 03:30 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 08:21 AM)cmilstead9 Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 07:15 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Are you getting the BA in Business Administration w/concentration in Management & Leadership?  Or the B of Liberal Studies with Management Minor?

Depending on which one, you can certainly get an additional concentration for the BABA (like Project Management) or Minor for the BLS (like Project Management or Accounting).

You should make sure you know for sure which one you're getting, and what the other options are.  Then, the only thing you can really do is wait for an official eval before making any decisions.

I would also make sure that you complete an entire degree before adding a Concentration/Minor.  It's very easy to get caught up in the whole "what else can I do?" enthusiasm, and halfway do a couple of different degrees and have nothing to show for it at the end.  Instead, choose your degree and concentration/minor, finish it, and THEN if you have time left in a term (or have the money to do another term), you can add that extra concentration/minor.  You always want to at least finish one thing, in case life happens and you can't do more.

It's a BA in Business Admin with a concentration in Management. I also had no idea that you could complete the degree before adding the concentration. I thought once you were done that was it. Thank you for the information.

I think you're a bit confused. You'll be working on your concentration in Management the entire time you're at UMPI. You can't complete the degree without the concentration. The concentration is part of the degree. You can add additional concentrations or minors. You can't take away the concentration though unless you change concentrations like you switched to Accounting or Project Management.
Nope in full understanding! I meant an additional concentration which is what led to the confusion. I saw what I signed up for. Thanks
Just an update I just got my degree audit back and the SDC credits counted as upper-level courses Smile 

Remaining: 

HUM:103
ENV:110 
Bio:105
FRE:101 
POS:101

BUS 260:Leadership
BUS 415:Operation Management

6- UL Business Electives 

Thanks for all your help and hopefully others find this thread helpful! Super excited to finish this out on the 15th
[-] The following 1 user Likes cmilstead9's post:
  • ashkir
AWesome!!!!

HUM 103, POS 101 were cakewalks. I did ENV 110 at Sophia.org. FRE I isn't that bad, especially if you already know the language. It's pretty much a small few paragraphs final.

BUS 260 was really straight forward. BUS 415 was a cakewalk. Brush up on Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Kaizen, and Muda for that class and you'd breeze through 440.
(03-08-2021, 06:04 PM)ashkir Wrote: AWesome!!!!

HUM 103, POS 101 were cakewalks. I did ENV 110 at Sophia.org. FRE I isn't that bad, especially if you already know the language. It's pretty much a small few paragraphs final.

BUS 260 was really straight forward. BUS 415 was a cakewalk. Brush up on Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Kaizen, and Muda for that class and you'd breeze through 440.

Oh odd I took it too from sophia
(03-08-2021, 05:26 PM)cmilstead9 Wrote: Just an update I just got my degree audit back and the SDC credits counted as upper-level courses Smile 

Remaining: 

6- UL Business Electives 

Thanks for all your help and hopefully others find this thread helpful! Super excited to finish this out on the 15th

That's awesome, I'm still waiting for my transcript evaluation. I'm not starting until May so maybe I can knock some courses at SDC or Sophia, I don't have many GENED left I think maybe one science.
(03-08-2021, 11:59 PM)Luiscastaneda25 Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 05:26 PM)cmilstead9 Wrote: Just an update I just got my degree audit back and the SDC credits counted as upper-level courses Smile 

Remaining: 

6- UL Business Electives 

That's awesome, I'm still waiting for my transcript evaluation. I'm not starting until May so maybe I can knock some courses at SDC or Sophia, I don't have many GENED left I think maybe one science.
You totally can I am a psycho and finished Sophia in less than a month and the two SDC courses in a couple of weeks. Well well worth it but you do have to take a min o f10 classes with them so keep that in mind.
Yes, as soon as I received my evaluation I will start knocking some of the classes I have left on either study.com and Sophia. I will make sure I have the 10 courses left at UMPI.
They did miss enviormental science but I just told them it never was added and that also was accepted.
cmilstead9 Wrote:You totally can I am a psycho and finished Sophia in less than a month and the two SDC courses in a couple of weeks. Well well worth it but you do have to take a min o f10 classes with them so keep that in mind.

As a fellow psycho... I applaud you on a job well done! That's amazingly fast! I assume you're going for the BLS with some minor concentration? Good deal if you can finish 10 classes in just one term, it can't be beat for the price, even at two terms!

cmilstead9 Wrote:They did miss enviormental science but I just told them it never was added and that also was accepted.

Is this the only course they missed from your evaluation? It's weird how the other board member had the same issue, I wonder if there are other courses that they don't auto transfer or if they have someone manually do this credit transfer deal...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 34 481 26 minutes ago
Last Post: crowbird
  Educational Degree Planning Help nhmimi 5 79 27 minutes ago
Last Post: RachelB
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 8 291 1 hour ago
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 4 134 Today, 06:39 AM
Last Post: curious
  Dr Tree Man - BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace Dr Tree Man 10 198 Yesterday, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,476 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,850 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 177 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM
  Almost 40 year old with foreign BA in English degree and Santa Monica College Cert KMcLean 12 954 03-25-2024, 08:12 PM
  IT Degree Options Advice theredwallflower 4 562 03-23-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: theredwallflower