Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Limbo UMPI - Course Recommendations maybe second degree?
(02-23-2021, 08:21 AM)cmilstead9 Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 07:15 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Are you getting the BA in Business Administration w/concentration in Management & Leadership?  Or the B of Liberal Studies with Management Minor?

Depending on which one, you can certainly get an additional concentration for the BABA (like Project Management) or Minor for the BLS (like Project Management or Accounting).

You should make sure you know for sure which one you're getting, and what the other options are.  Then, the only thing you can really do is wait for an official eval before making any decisions.

I would also make sure that you complete an entire degree before adding a Concentration/Minor.  It's very easy to get caught up in the whole "what else can I do?" enthusiasm, and halfway do a couple of different degrees and have nothing to show for it at the end.  Instead, choose your degree and concentration/minor, finish it, and THEN if you have time left in a term (or have the money to do another term), you can add that extra concentration/minor.  You always want to at least finish one thing, in case life happens and you can't do more.

It's a BA in Business Admin with a concentration in Management. I also had no idea that you could complete the degree before adding the concentration. I thought once you were done that was it. Thank you for the information.

I think you're a bit confused. You'll be working on your concentration in Management the entire time you're at UMPI. You can't complete the degree without the concentration. The concentration is part of the degree. You can add additional concentrations or minors. You can't take away the concentration though unless you change concentrations like you switched to Accounting or Project Management.

UMPI: BLS with Management Information Systems, Project Management, and Management minors - Graduating March 2021

Brandman/UMass: MA in Organizational Leadership - Spring 2021

RIT: MPS in Project Management, Design Think, and Product Development - Possibly 2022

Completed
Community College: AS Individual Studies
Community College: AAS Business Administration

Sophia: Environmental Science, Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, College Algebra, Visual Communication, Microeconomics, Introduction to Information Technology, Introduction to Statistics, Human Biology

UMPI: https://online.umpi.edu/
(02-23-2021, 03:30 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 08:21 AM)cmilstead9 Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 07:15 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Are you getting the BA in Business Administration w/concentration in Management & Leadership?  Or the B of Liberal Studies with Management Minor?

Depending on which one, you can certainly get an additional concentration for the BABA (like Project Management) or Minor for the BLS (like Project Management or Accounting).

You should make sure you know for sure which one you're getting, and what the other options are.  Then, the only thing you can really do is wait for an official eval before making any decisions.

I would also make sure that you complete an entire degree before adding a Concentration/Minor.  It's very easy to get caught up in the whole "what else can I do?" enthusiasm, and halfway do a couple of different degrees and have nothing to show for it at the end.  Instead, choose your degree and concentration/minor, finish it, and THEN if you have time left in a term (or have the money to do another term), you can add that extra concentration/minor.  You always want to at least finish one thing, in case life happens and you can't do more.

It's a BA in Business Admin with a concentration in Management. I also had no idea that you could complete the degree before adding the concentration. I thought once you were done that was it. Thank you for the information.

I think you're a bit confused. You'll be working on your concentration in Management the entire time you're at UMPI. You can't complete the degree without the concentration. The concentration is part of the degree. You can add additional concentrations or minors. You can't take away the concentration though unless you change concentrations like you switched to Accounting or Project Management.
Nope in full understanding! I meant an additional concentration which is what led to the confusion. I saw what I signed up for. Thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Computer Science Degree Plan 9/2020 jsarles 68 4,646 03-05-2021, 12:08 PM
Last Post: jsarles
Heart Psychology Degree Plan and class advice needed Tokyokacie 8 256 03-04-2021, 02:09 AM
Last Post: Tokyokacie
  Sophia.org -> UMPI degree plan? slader166 3 223 03-03-2021, 02:25 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Help w/ Degree Plan for BSBA Finance at TESU Please MaMichelle 7 229 02-28-2021, 03:48 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Any advice for CLEP/ exams for my degree? ddopesxp 16 408 02-28-2021, 12:34 AM
Wink unfinished TESC degree from 2014 awaken from the dead! killerkitty 18 597 02-26-2021, 01:26 PM
Last Post: killerkitty
  Business degree through testing? Lailalopez81 12 417 02-25-2021, 08:12 PM
  UMPI TESU and SNHU evaluations oroseeo 36 1,574 02-23-2021, 03:40 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Wanting degree ideas StoicJ 15 1,047 02-22-2021, 04:27 PM
Last Post: ylmir
  UMPI Degree Plan Luiscastaneda25 11 516 02-17-2021, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25