Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LinkedIn
I use LinkedIn. If used correctly: it can be a useful tool. From what I read: sometimes employers will check LinkedIn to help them in finding a suitable employee. I find that having LinkedIn can help me stay touch with some of my friends.
Respect Yourself and Respect others.

Passed
DSST Technical Writing
DSST Principle of Statistics
DSST Astronomy
DSST MIS
I am on LinkedIn too, and pretty much everyone I know professionally is as well. I have received messages from recruiters through it, but for me that is more rare. I have numerous ex's on LinkedIn each with multiple graduate degrees, and the one who has his MBA & JD would receive probably 1-2 messages from recruiters per week but he is at the CEO level (salary in the multiple hundreds per year) managing multi million dollar businesses for corporate umbrellas. There is also a feature now to let recruiters know that you are open to new job possibilities without making it public knowledge to your network (i.e. boss & co-workers), which is really handy. I have read that sometimes recruiters will not present a prospective employee to an employer if their rÃsumà is on job sites like Indeed/Monster because then the employers could have recruited them directly and thus do not want to pay for those connections. To me, it seems like there is a lot more advantage to LinkedIn at the mid to high executive level, and not so much of a benefit below that unless you are an independent contractor who can use their freelancer capabilities to find work. Last year I found someone to do some heavy code changes on a WordPress widget that was written in a language I was not very familiar with, and the company I work for has easily paid him over $800 for a few days of work. Personally, I think it is useful to be on... but I have my portfolio pieces on my profile to help attract new design clients.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you keep a part time job listed on your LinkedIn Vle045 3 787 04-26-2022, 11:23 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  DegreeForum LinkedIn Networking ashkir 16 1,953 05-20-2021, 03:34 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  LinkedIn Anyone? ShotoJuku 28 4,533 02-11-2019, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  LinkedIN and other job fishing holes High_Order1 21 3,873 02-11-2018, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Look up who you are by googling your school combinations and linkedin? soliloquy 6 1,291 05-28-2015, 08:22 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  LinkedIn koenigtv 10 2,046 02-24-2015, 10:16 PM
Last Post: nleamons
  LinkedIn privacy settings clep3705 3 1,267 12-27-2014, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Exfactor
  LinkedIn BMWGuinness 2 1,770 01-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Last Post: BMWGuinness