Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of Courses That Transfer from Sophia.org to WGU
Information 
Hello,

I received the following email (Nov 28, 2020) from my enrollment counselor about which Sophia.org courses can and cannot be transferred to WGU:

Quote:Here is the requested list of some of the courses that can and cannot transfer from Sophia:

Courses that can:
  • English Composition I (Not  Foundations of English Composition)
  • English Composition II
  • College Algebra (Not Foundations of College Algebra)
  • US History I
  • Microeconomics OR Macroeconomics (only one can transfer)
  • Introduction to Sociology
  • Introduction to Statistics (Not foundations of Statistics)
  • Introduction to Business
  • Project Management
  • public speaking
  • Ancient Greek Philosophers, OR Approaches to Studying Religions OR Art History I OR Art History II or Introduction to Ethics =Humanities
  • Human biology or Environmental Science
  • (All sociology except psychology)

Courses that CANNOT transfer:
  • Accounting
  • Developing effective teams,
  • Foundations of English composition
  • Essentials of managing conflict
  • Foundations of college algebra
  • Foundations of statistics
  • Intro to psychology
  • College readiness
  • Conflict Resolution
  • Essentials Managing Conflict
  • Visual communications
  • Introduction to Information technology
Hope this helps! Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like BitWiseGuy's post:
  • LevelUP, Merlin, MissRN, Pach
Thank you! I have added this information to the wiki: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • BitWiseGuy
Thumbs Up 
(12-06-2020, 03:36 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Thank you! I have added this information to the wiki: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List

Thanks for maintaining the wiki too, that's a fantastic resource!
Just remember that what transfers for one "school" at WGU may or may not for another. They're pretty consistent within schools now, but just because something will transfer as a particular course for a Business degree for example, does NOT mean that it will for an IT or Teaching degree.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 3 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • BitWiseGuy, GizmoJack, ss20ts
Thumbs Up 
(12-06-2020, 08:26 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Just remember that what transfers for one "school" at WGU may or may not for another.  They're pretty consistent within schools now, but just because something will transfer as a particular course for a Business degree for example, does NOT mean that it will for an IT or Teaching degree.

That's a good point.

The email that I posted here was a list of the courses that the enrolment counselor had seen accepted/rejected by the transfers dept. for other students. They didn't specify the college, but I assume this is applicable to the Business school, as I'm looking to obtain my B.S. Business Admin - IT Mgmt.

With that said, I would expect - perhaps naively - for the general education courses to be treated consistently among each of the WGU colleges, but it's always wise to check with your enrollment counselor prior to enrolling in a course you intend to transfer. You may not get a solid "yes/no" answer, but at least you can avoid any courses they know for sure won't transfer in.

Also, I've talked with three separate enrollment counselors so far (two others called to follow-up while my primary was on vacation) and I've found some to be more forthright about which courses will transfer vs. just saying I should compare each course syllabus to see if they're similar to the corresponding WGU course and that it's up to the transfers dept. to decide after I send transcripts.
(12-06-2020, 03:36 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Thank you! I have added this information to the wiki: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List

Yes this Wiki is a great resource!   FYI, I think there may be a slight error on the Wiki page- Introduction to Statistics is listed as transferable to WGU in the orig post, but not on the Wiki.
I'm pretty sure it should be transferrable across most degrees since it is the ACE Credit equivalent of Stat101.    

Kind Regards,
R
(12-11-2020, 08:49 AM)Remdaddy Wrote: Yes this Wiki is a great resource!   FYI, I think there may be a slight error on the Wiki page- Introduction to Statistics is listed as transferable to WGU in the orig post, but not on the Wiki.
I'm pretty sure it should be transferrable across most degrees since it is the ACE Credit equivalent of Stat101.    

Kind Regards,
R

Thanks! I must've gotten it confused with the foundation course during the transcription process.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(12-05-2020, 05:54 PM)FYI I took US History I to meet the WGU American Politics and the US Constitution requirement. I called WGU Admissions prior to taking the course to confirm and was told yes it would. When I attempted to transfer it in WGU would not give me credit. I even went through an appeal and was denied. The transcript reviewing process has been the biggest challenge with WGU so far. Everything else has went well, but only thing consistent about that department is the inconsistency. :( Wrote: Hello,

I received the following email (Nov 28, 2020) from my enrollment counselor about which Sophia.org courses can and cannot be transferred to WGU:

Quote:Here is the requested list of some of the courses that can and cannot transfer from Sophia:

Courses that can:
  • English Composition I (Not  Foundations of English Composition)
  • English Composition II
  • College Algebra (Not Foundations of College Algebra)
  • US History I
  • Microeconomics OR Macroeconomics (only one can transfer)
  • Introduction to Sociology
  • Introduction to Statistics (Not foundations of Statistics)
  • Introduction to Business
  • Project Management
  • public speaking
  • Ancient Greek Philosophers, OR Approaches to Studying Religions OR Art History I OR Art History II or Introduction to Ethics =Humanities
  • Human biology or Environmental Science
  • (All sociology except psychology)

Courses that CANNOT transfer:
  • Accounting
  • Developing effective teams,
  • Foundations of English composition
  • Essentials of managing conflict
  • Foundations of college algebra
  • Foundations of statistics
  • Intro to psychology
  • College readiness
  • Conflict Resolution
  • Essentials Managing Conflict
  • Visual communications
  • Introduction to Information technology
Hope this helps! Smile
Reposting this here since it's the relevant thread:

Someone on reddit was able to transfer Sophia web development in to WGU to satisfy C779. So for any future WGU students, I highly recommend the Sophia option for that class to save a lot of time during your term.

Edit: fixed link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WGU/comments/mp...urce=share
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(04-14-2021, 05:48 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Reposting this here since it's the relevant thread:

Someone on reddit was able to transfer Sophia web development in to WGU to satisfy C779. So for any future WGU students, I highly recommend the Sophia option for that class to save a lot of time during your term.

Edit: fixed link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WGU/comments/mp...urce=share

That was fast! It's already showing as an official transfer possibility. See: https://partners.wgu.edu/Pages/Single.as...062&pid=86
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • MNomadic

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU Sophia College of IT no courses anymore? jobojoe285 7 241 04-01-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Question regarding transfer credit courses jobojoe285 6 310 03-28-2024, 12:35 AM
Last Post: jobojoe285
  New transfer credit for Master degree - WGU Imbanewbie 16 2,237 01-20-2024, 04:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How fast (in how many days) can you realistically finish Sophia, etc. or WGU course? whiverem 32 7,280 01-19-2024, 05:06 PM
  Expired CompTIA Certs for Transfer siersema 4 656 01-15-2024, 04:50 PM
Last Post: raekwon
  Computer Science 305: Operating Systems Transfer to WGU alesalsa10 4 731 10-19-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: alesalsa10
  How do I know what classes I have completed and can transfer? tazz 17 2,963 10-06-2023, 05:02 PM
Last Post: tazz
  Sophia Learning vs. Study.com BrotherG 8 1,549 10-04-2023, 11:33 AM
  How do transfer (sophia.org/ACE) credits look on a WGU transcript for grad school? dan087 4 1,046 09-25-2023, 05:01 AM
Last Post: dan087
  Where can you take courses from study.com that are not longer accepted for CS major? whiverem 11 1,349 06-13-2023, 09:40 PM
Last Post: whiverem