Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little confused about 2 depth rule at EC and UL credits
Hey everyone!

I was all set to go to TESU and have been actively following my degree plan for a BALS but have been really NOT looking forward to the Cornerstone as I just took a class exactly like it for 7 weeks earlier this year at GCU. It was painful.

I saw a post here and saw someone mention EC and that they didn’t make you take the Cornerstone and it was a quick class to take for 1 credit instead. This intrigued me so I looked and saw that they had a BSLA there which was really flexible. I called and spoke to admissions and found out that they will give me 29 credits (LL) for my courses taken at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition! However, they won’t take 2 Ds that I had from 1992 but who cares (Prin of Econ and Intro to Psych). I sent all my transcripts to them and am waiting for the eval to be done. 

In the meantime, I’d like to pull together a degree plan for EC like I had from dfrecore for TESU - that is like my bible.  I’m having a hard time understanding the 2 depth rule they have and what can go in there. From what they told me, you have to have 2 depths which have 15 credits each. 6 of those 15 have to be UL. Does this mean I can take Psych classes as one depth and something else as another? So say I choose Psych, are those classes whatever I want in Psych, as long as they fit the 15 credit rule with 6 as UL? Then I just take another 18 UL credits in other things??  Are UL credits easy to find if I do this?

What the guy also told me was that 1 depth can be applied professional credits (which would be the IIN credits) but none of those are UL so this doesn’t make sense to me…

He also said that another could be business but I’d have to discuss with my academic advisor, which obv I don’t have yet.. 

Can anyone shed any light on this for me? I feel like I’m wandering around here with no purpose right now until I get this eval and figure this whole thing out. I'm also feeling like it would be much easier to follow the TESU plan because I know exactly what I need to do but those 29 credits are really not something I'd like to give up.

Any insight would be very much appreciated!

Attaching the partnership between EC/IIN so you can see the classes they are applying from that certificate.

Susan

Attached Files
.pdf   IIN transfer guide BLA.pdf (Size: 116.82 KB / Downloads: 23)
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
[-] The following 1 user Likes suzycupcake's post:
  • Life Long Learning
I've been playing with the EC degree plan, and will attach it here for you.

So, the course you took at GCU may count as EC's Info Lit course, or you may be able to take it elsewhere (Study.com has Info Lit, as does Davar, Coopersmith & PF).

Then, if you look at their degree requirements for the BSLA, it looks like you need 2 depths, but it no longer states anywhere on the website that you need 6cr of UL in each (not sure why they removed that, or their degree maps which were much better than what they have now, with all words).  But I left that in my spreadsheet, because it did used to say that.

One thing that they show as UL with the IIN credits is UL credits in marketing.  I would probably do something similar and do 2 UL marketing courses for that; and then do the 2nd breath as Psych.  There are lots of those credits available, although I think Study.com is easy for UL marketing credits (at least, easy as in easy to find, and similar to what they have at IIN).

Attached Files
.xlsx   suzycupcake EC BSLA.xlsx (Size: 52.79 KB / Downloads: 32)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Life Long Learning, suzycupcake
There are tons of TESU folks here, but very few EC folks.  Have you talked to your EC Academic Advisor?  I was able to get EC to accept some CORE classes with his help in my case.  In 2017, I found EC to be easy to work with directly.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

(06-01-2019, 09:52 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I've been playing with the EC degree plan, and will attach it here for you.

So, the course you took at GCU may count as EC's Info Lit course, or you may be able to take it elsewhere (Study.com has Info Lit, as does Davar, Coopersmith & PF).

Then, if you look at their degree requirements for the BSLA, it looks like you need 2 depths, but it no longer states anywhere on the website that you need 6cr of UL in each (not sure why they removed that, or their degree maps which were much better than what they have now, with all words).  But I left that in my spreadsheet, because it did used to say that.

One thing that they show as UL with the IIN credits is UL credits in marketing.  I would probably do something similar and do 2 UL marketing courses for that; and then do the 2nd breath as Psych.  There are lots of those credits available, although I think Study.com is easy for UL marketing credits (at least, easy as in easy to find, and similar to what they have at IIN).

I can't thank you enough for this - for whatever reason, I could not, for the life of me, get this into a spreadsheet. 

The IIN credits they will give me credit for are all LL (they are the top ones on the attachment, not the bottom ones - those were for a different program). So I would be starting from scratch and having to get 30 UL credits.

What if they use my Info Literacy class from GCU for the Info Lit class but my GCU class was 4 credits - how does that work?

Thank you so much again!

(06-01-2019, 04:47 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote: There are tons of TESU folks here, but very few EC folks.  Have you talked to your EC Academic Advisor?  I was able to get EC to accept some CORE classes with his help in my case.  In 2017, I found EC to be easy to work with directly.

Hi there!

I don't have an AE yet because they're waiting for all my transcripts to come in and do my eval.  In the meantime I have paid for both SL and SDC this month and feel like I'm wasting $ not doing any classes. Smile

I'm finishing up my essays for Eng Comp I & II at SDC but looking for a reason to distract myself from them. Essays are the worst!
Started June 2022

Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
[-] The following 1 user Likes suzycupcake's post:
  • Life Long Learning
(06-02-2019, 06:03 PM)suzycupcake Wrote:
(06-01-2019, 09:52 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I've been playing with the EC degree plan, and will attach it here for you.

I can't thank you enough for this - for whatever reason, I could not, for the life of me, get this into a spreadsheet. 

The IIN credits they will give me credit for are all LL (they are the top ones on the attachment, not the bottom ones - those were for a different program). So I would be starting from scratch and having to get 30 UL credits.

What if they use my Info Literacy class from GCU for the Info Lit class but my GCU class was 4 credits - how does that work?

Thank you so much again!

(06-01-2019, 04:47 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote: There are tons of TESU folks here, but very few EC folks.  Have you talked to your EC Academic Advisor?  I was able to get EC to accept some CORE classes with his help in my case.  In 2017, I found EC to be easy to work with directly.

Hi there!

I don't have an AE yet because they're waiting for all my transcripts to come in and do my eval.  In the meantime I have paid for both SL and SDC this month and feel like I'm wasting $ not doing any classes. Smile

I'm finishing up my essays for Eng Comp I & II at SDC but looking for a reason to distract myself from them. Essays are the worst!
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore - I think I missed your response here. Thanks again!
Started June 2022

(06-04-2019, 04:08 PM)suzycupcake Wrote: dfrecore - I think I missed your response here. Thanks again!

OMG, I hate it when it does that.  My response just goes away never to be seen again.

If you take a 4cr info lit course, EC should just bring it in as 4cr, and you'll have 3 extra credits.

I would get started on the courses you need with SL/Study.com rather than wasting your money there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • suzycupcake
(06-04-2019, 07:15 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 04:08 PM)suzycupcake Wrote: dfrecore - I think I missed your response here. Thanks again!

OMG, I hate it when it does that.  My response just goes away never to be seen again.

If you take a 4cr info lit course, EC should just bring it in as 4cr, and you'll have 3 extra credits.

I would get started on the courses you need with SL/Study.com rather than wasting your money there.

You are right. Just finished up Eng Comp I and just have to take the final for Eng Comp II and that will be over. I'm going to get started on the UL business courses you mapped out for me on my TESU BALS with GM concentration because I know I can do one depth as a business one. At least that is what the admissions person told me but of course with a disclaimer of not doing anything until I speak to an advisor.

Good news though - all my transcripts are in and I should have my eval soon!! This whole thing has me so on edge.
Started June 2022

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 406 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Need to know what UL credits will work for Liberal Arts degree AnyName 20 3,170 06-25-2023, 11:56 PM
Last Post: Kab
  upper level business credits at EC MCJ 10 3,068 03-22-2023, 07:52 AM
Last Post: MCJ
  Advisor said no but transferred credits anyway... frankc 5 1,095 07-23-2022, 07:30 AM
Last Post: TheVilified
  Transferring TEEX credits to Excelsior Loopsb 6 2,326 10-23-2021, 10:18 AM
Last Post: TwinMom
  EC Wants Me To Do 34 Credits Despite Having 100+ Credits Kal Di 20 4,396 07-20-2021, 04:07 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  CSM Course now accepted at Excelsior for 3 credits of Quantitative Reasoning CSMlearn 5 1,680 03-03-2021, 06:06 PM
Last Post: SweetsugarNL
  Accepted UL credits from SDC adegree4me 12 3,007 02-21-2021, 08:28 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Upper Level Credits/DAU Courses sava60 15 3,559 12-30-2020, 12:07 PM
Last Post: oroseeo
  UL Arts and Sciences/Applied Professional Credits mrskitty 12 2,370 08-19-2020, 11:14 PM
Last Post: mrskitty