Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little disappointed in the diploma...
(05-09-2018, 03:44 PM)icampy Wrote: Does it come in a basic frame? I'm assuming they don't just throw it in a padded envelope and let it rip.

It comes in a folding padded holder that looks like leather. It's not terrible.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(05-09-2018, 03:44 PM)icampy Wrote: Does it come in a basic frame? I'm assuming they don't just throw it in a padded envelope and let it rip.

It comes in a padded cover/folder/portfolio.

Yeah, comes in a burgundy padded doodad like my high school one.

I emailed the President's office, no response as of yet.
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

TESU's comes in a faux-leather bound case.

my WGU diploma literally just came in a padded envelope and it got bent/folded a little Sad

haha... welp, you got 4 responses to your question.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Thanks! I will look at getting it framed.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

I was looking at a person's wall in the office and notice two doctoral diplomas. The one from a liberal arts school no one ever heard of was ornate. It had the pretty script with all the language about being granted all the rights, responsibilities, privileges, etc. It was in landscape format. And it was huge. (17x11"?)

The other one was from a prestigious, world-class university in a foreign land. The diploma, though, was as simple as could be. The language just said something about admitting the person to the degree. It was on A2-sized paper (a bit larger than letter-sized) and in portrait layout.

I was struck by the contrast. The unknown American school had this huge document right out of the Middle Ages. The world-top-200 university issued a diploma that was underwhelming, to say the least.

Lesson: it just doesn't matter what the diploma looks like on the wall. It DOES matter what it looks like on your resume. So go for it.
[-] The following 3 users Like Sagan's post:
  • dfrecore, Joeman200, jsd
The President was too busy to respond, one of her underlings did though.

I don't think I communicated my thoughts very well (was having a low braining day).

(shrugs)

we'll see what they say
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

[-] The following 1 user Likes High_Order1's post:
  • Life Long Learning

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I get a High School Diploma after getting my GED and Associates? IReallyNeedADegree 24 2,587 02-06-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Patten Diploma Arrived but am not excited Saharapost 38 3,909 07-17-2016, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Saharapost
  Diploma Arrived today - Diploma Frame Question marianne202 11 2,546 04-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Last Post: marianne202
  Diploma 'arms race' skybirds 7 1,722 01-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Last Post: Popcorn
  What do you do with your diploma? CLEP101 10 2,398 05-20-2009, 11:22 PM
Last Post: HoffyCoffee
  CCU Diploma HawkGuy 6 2,937 06-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Last Post: barbara2bba