Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Locking in a degree plan at TESU?
(04-07-2020, 10:34 AM)jacobvanhelden Wrote: Would the medical terminology just be a throwaway to secure a spot at TESU?  Or would I be better off taking the Literacy course and the Capstone together? 
Yes the medical term would be a throwaway. That is why if you see my post directly below Bj's I posted my thoughts. You can either pay 50 and have a throwaway or pay $150 and get a requirement for your degree out the way. Your choice but seeing as $100 the same as what sdc/or sl would cost it isn't really extra.
And I previsoly stated that doing the cap and cornerstone together is best if you are getting financial aid. If you have no aid and aren't using any then it might be best to sos-110 to enroll (instead of a tecep). But tesu requires 6 credits for financial aid so if you are getting aid then do them together.
I may found found some options that work for UL finance: http://cistesting.org/accounting/
The bad part is they are NCCRS and they cost $150 each but if one of them doesn't duplicate TESU it might work. And even though say lower level numbers some are UL recommended. Idk if this would work just a possibility but idk if it duplicates anything you've already done.
Good news this might work for the UL finance: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid282419

Get it preapproved first. But it might work. See my most directly above this one with all the details.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • jacobvanhelden
(04-09-2020, 11:03 AM)natshar Wrote: Good news this might work for the UL finance: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid282419

Get it preapproved first. But it might work. See my most directly above this one with all the details.

Fantastic!  Thank you so much for that.
Thanks to the advice from many here, I was able to get enrolled at TESU for the 2019-2020 year by registering for the June Medical Terminology TCEP.  I have no experience or desire to study in the medical field but I do have around 60 credits toward my BSBA. 

I pretty much study full-time so I am usually juggling several SDC, SL & Sophia courses at once. My goal for signing up for this TCEP was to lock the year and while my intent is to study for this test,  I read a few posts on the forum that say not passing this test is not a huge detriment in the long run. Time is key for me and I don't want to make a misstep that could cost me down the road.  

So, what is the consequence for a business major that doesn't complete the Medical Terminology TCEP or fails, withdraws?
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

[-] The following 2 users Like GizmoJack's post:
  • akr680, rachel83az
(06-03-2020, 12:15 AM)GizmoJack Wrote: So, what is the consequence for a business major that doesn't complete the Medical Terminology TCEP or fails, withdraws?

I registered for the medical terminology TECEP to start the ball rolling in getting additional transcript evaluations done ahead of registering for the capstone. I never intended to take the exam and withdrew after my evaluations were complete and I was able to sign up for the capstone. I was never removed from enrolled status and the course doesn't even appear on my transcript. I didn't get any money back since I withdraw after the first week, but aside from losing $25, I saw no additional consequences.

Since TECEP's are pass/fail exams, they don't count for or against GPA in any case. So if you elect to take the exam and fail it doesn't really matter. If you pass, it is an extra 1 credit toward your free electives. Either way, registering for the exam moves you into enrolled status 10 days after the term starts and extends your catalog lock for 12 more months.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • alab21
(06-03-2020, 02:19 AM)Merlin Wrote:
(06-03-2020, 12:15 AM)GizmoJack Wrote: So, what is the consequence for a business major that doesn't complete the Medical Terminology TCEP or fails, withdraws?

I registered for the medical terminology TECEP to start the ball rolling in getting additional transcript evaluations done ahead of registering for the capstone. I never intended to take the exam and withdrew after my evaluations were complete and I was able to sign up for the capstone. I was never removed from enrolled status and the course doesn't even appear on my transcript. I didn't get any money back since I withdraw after the first week, but aside from losing $25, I saw no additional consequences.

Since TECEP's are pass/fail exams, they don't count for or against GPA in any case. So if you elect to take the exam and fail it doesn't really matter. If you pass, it is an extra 1 credit toward your free electives. Either way, registering for the exam moves you into enrolled status 10 days after the term starts and extends your catalog lock for 12 more months.

Excellent...Thanks for the info!
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 769 5 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,987 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 293 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 265 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 248 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 238 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 606 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger