Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dad bragging a little...
Thanks in large part to things learned right here on this forum....

Oldest daughter just completed her junior year at Harvard Extension. Kid has a 3.62 GPA, Dean's list, and on track to graduate with honors (maybe high honors) Smile . Actually she is only 5 courses shy of graduation (two of which have to be in residence). Almost done! Her AA cost us around $1000 mainly for books and CLEP, we will probably have another $5000 or so in expenses related to HES, so her BA will likely end up costing right around $6000 total give or take a bit.

Youngest daughter applied for dual enrollment at the local State College (Florida's version of CC). She will walk in the door with at least 12 credits completed via CLEP/DSST and will continue to utilize CBE while taking courses locally toward her AA (big sister took full advantage of this as well and actually finished the AA before completing HS).

Neither have taken on any debt. Dual enrollment is free in Florida except for books. Harvard Extension is covered by PELL and scholarship from the school. We only have to cover books, credit by exam, and travel/accommodations when oldest is in Ma.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Okay, where are all the young slackers I keep hearing about? Your daughters should be ashamed of themselves for not representing their generation!
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
That is awesome. I am hoping for something similar by the time my son gets older so as not to incur so much education debt. Kudos to your daughters!
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69
That is thoroughly cool! Congratulations.
Course clear! You got a card.

Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 72|American Government 71|Introductory Sociology 63|Humanities 70|College Composition 60|U.S. History II 67|Principles of Marketing 73|Principles of Macroeconomics 67|Principles of Microeconomics 66|U.S. History I 74|College Mathematics 68|Information Systems & Computer Applications 68|College Algebra 56|Biology 63|Financial Accounting 65

B.A.S. IT Management, Class of 2015
MBA, Class of 2017
I am so proud of them both!!! A is a rock star! I knew she'd knock it out of the park. What does she have planned to take for her residence? Any plans for N? Is she headed to HES?
Congrats Reb! Proud Dad and you should be!
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
cookderosa Wrote:I am so proud of them both!!! A is a rock star! I knew she'd knock it out of the park. What does she have planned to take for her residence? Any plans for N? Is she headed to HES?

I don't know if the younger will follow her sister to HES. Her plans and ambitions are quite different. My youngest spends most of her time perusing the best nursing schools in the country (I believe Yale is in the lead), though I suspect she will end up completing her RN locally then one of the State schools for her bachelors....but we will see.

We really wanted to see the oldest spend the summer in Boston, but it didn't work out. With all the new hybrid options the costs for summer just don't make sense (summer housing in Boston/Cambridge is unbelievably expensive). She squeezed a hybrid in last fall and liked it, and we were able to see that completed for around $1000 (airfare and hotel) for three days. I suspect we will look at those and maybe take a good look at a January session to round out the residency.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
rebel100 Wrote:Neither have taken on any debt. Dual enrollment is free in Florida except for books. Harvard Extension is covered by PELL and scholarship from the school. We only have to cover books, credit by exam, and travel/accommodations when oldest is in Ma.

HOW UNAMERICAN! How could you not support your economy by taking out massive student loans! (tongue in cheek of course).

Congratulations. This is an excellent example of how it should be done. You deserve to be proud of your children and yourself.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
That is awesome!
So cool!! Congrats to both your daughters!
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Warning...... Dad bragging.... rebel100 9 1,641 05-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Last Post: LaceyLady
  Bragging on the daughter a bit.... rebel100 7 1,120 11-01-2011, 01:58 AM
Last Post: alleycat