Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for 1 unit or just 0.5 unit UL Computer Science course
Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a 1 unit or just 0.5 unit of an online Upper Division computer science course that is not that difficult?

I took four SDC courses that can be used for BACS electives at TESU: MIS 301, Comp Arch, DB, SAD. So, the MIS Davar (MIS 301) can't be used. 
Other courses like the Linear Algebra course from Coopersmith or TECEP CMP-354 can be used, but any of these two is not quick.
I am taking linear algebra from Coopersmith currently and have some struggles.

So, I am looking for an alternative...

Thank you
For TESU, there are only SDC, the TECEP, and Linear Algebra at Coopersmith for relatively fast/easy credits. Some courses at Statistics.com might count but they are not fast and I'm not sure anyone has actually used them for a BACS (yet).
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • S01013756
(10-22-2020, 12:36 PM)rachel83az Wrote: For TESU, there are only SDC, the TECEP, and Linear Algebra at Coopersmith for relatively fast/easy credits. Some courses at Statistics.com might count but they are not fast and I'm not sure anyone has actually used them for a BACS (yet).

Thank you. 
I have a UL course that was transferred to TESU as a 2.67 unit. The total UL I have now is 14.67 sem.unit. So, I only need 0.33 unit of UL. It seems like I will finish the Linear Algebra @Coopersmith.
Quarter credit classes are such a pain to transfer into a semester based program. I'm not sure why any school has quarter credits today....maybe to milk you for more money since you pay per credit?

Does TESU accept TEEX? There's that cybersecurity course I was thinking of and that's 1 or 2 credits....it's pretty cheap too. Where's rachelaz? She's knows TESU inside and out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • S01013756
TESU does accept TEEX. I forgot that there is one 1-credit UL course. But it's Cybersecurity and I don't think it actually counts as a CS UL credit. It's totally worth trying, though, since it's FREE.

https://teex.org/program/dhs-cybersecurity/ - You want to take Cyber 301 - Information Risk Management (AWR177)
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • S01013756
(10-22-2020, 01:34 PM)rachel83az Wrote: TESU does accept TEEX. I forgot that there is one 1-credit UL course. But it's Cybersecurity and I don't think it actually counts as a CS UL credit. It's totally worth trying, though, since it's FREE.

https://teex.org/program/dhs-cybersecurity/ - You want to take Cyber 301 - Information Risk Management (AWR177)

Thanks so much. I'll take a look TEEX Cyber 301 Smile
(10-22-2020, 01:58 PM)S01013756 Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 01:34 PM)rachel83az Wrote: TESU does accept TEEX. I forgot that there is one 1-credit UL course. But it's Cybersecurity and I don't think it actually counts as a CS UL credit. It's totally worth trying, though, since it's FREE.

Thanks so much. I'll take a look TEEX Cyber 301 Smile

It comes in as CYB-421, so I doubt it will work for the Computer Science degree, unfortunately.

Does the Network Technology TECEP work?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
The TECEP is supposedly hard to pass. Linear Algebra may be easier/faster.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(10-24-2020, 06:42 PM)rachel83az Wrote: The TECEP is supposedly hard to pass. Linear Algebra may be easier/faster.

It would probably depend on the person.  My husband could easily pass the TECEP, he'd not even pretend he could do well in Linear Algebra (he has 20+ years of experience in IT, but hasn't taken math in 25 years).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Does anyone familiar with PLA? I found 1 CR at TESU, but it is classified as CAP-385. Here is the link and information:

Network Security(CAP-385)1 credits

Course Description
Design a secure network based on business, management, and network factors; implement user and group policies to tighten security, secure computers and plan a network for internet access; plan, deploy, manage and monitor servers; encryption and secure sites. (CAP-385) 1.00 s.h.

Learning Outcomes
Through the Portfolio Assessment process, students will demonstrate that they can appropriately address the following outcomes:

• Explain concepts of cryptography and digital signatures.

• Describe common network vulnerabilities, attacks and defense mechanism.

• Describe the requirements and mechanisms for the identification of possible threats to network security and evaluate the procedures to protect against these threats.

• Explain the steps necessary for implementing user and group policies to prevent unauthorized access.

• Explain the procedures to plan a network that allows secure communication over the Internet.

• Discuss the tools administrators use to monitor the activity on servers and secure the mission critical data on a network.
Link: go to https://www2.tesu.edu/plasearch.php and type in "network security" and click submit button.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 362 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 207 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  BA Computer Science Final upper class to take Armstrong 17 972 01-11-2024, 01:04 AM
  Troubles with Sophia Transfer (Science & History) poisonedapple 5 603 12-27-2023, 11:34 AM
Last Post: poisonedapple
  Bachelor degree in Computer science fiyajou3 8 876 11-08-2023, 09:43 PM
  TESU ASNSM in Mathematics Add-On for BA in Computer Science bradonomics 31 2,057 10-24-2023, 03:33 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Thomas Edison Computer Science Degree avi_learning 35 3,000 08-29-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: avi_learning
  IBM Data Science Professional Certificate Course equivalencies spohara 25 3,486 07-27-2023, 08:14 PM
Last Post: mariobros1985
  TESU Computer science process question emmaya 45 3,491 07-02-2023, 10:38 PM
Last Post: emmaya