Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Accounting - Degree Help
Synicaal Wrote:Sorry Can't help you with Advanced Accounting II , but was wondering what you came up with for Intermediate Accounting II. It's looking more and more like that I will be taking this at Penn Foster

Sorry, this will not help the question in the original post about Advanced Accounting II, but I have seen some of Synicaal's previous conversations about Intermediate Accounting I and II, so I thought I would add my advice on this topic.

If you haven't taken Intermediate Accounting I yet, Penn Foster is actually a great option for this course, especially if you are going to take Intermediate Accounting II through Penn Foster. The material in this course is actually Intermediate Accounting (as opposed to what SL or Study.com offers at present). All of the quizzes in this course are (at least when I took it) open book, untimed, and can be retaken once. The final is unproctored, so you can take your time. So if you take your time, you can learn the material really well, and get a great score in this class. Intermediate Acct. I and II at Penn Foster use the same textbook, so they build on each other. It is a great textbook (although very lengthy). I used this same textbook for a graduate level Intermediate Accounting course that I later took at Harvard University Extension School.

If you already have credit for Intermediate Accounting I through SL or Study.com for TESU, and the material is not actually Intermediate Accounting, the first half of the textbook that Penn Foster will send you for Intermediate Accounting II covers Intermediate Accounting I, so you can study it and learn the material that you missed.

The hard thing about Penn Foster's Intermediate Accounting II is the timed proctored final. There is not enough time to complete what its required on the final. However, if you must take this course, it is quite doable. Learn the material really well, and take your time with the multiple choice, open book quizzes. I believe these are worth 67% of your final grade (with a total score of 70% required to pass the course), and you can retake these once, knowing which questions that you missed. If you do this, you will not have to make a great score on the final to pass the course. You are even allowed to retake the proctored final if you do not score enough to pass the course. When I took the course, because of the time constraint, I didn't have a great score on the final, but it was plenty to pass the course (well over 70%), and I learned the material in Int. Acct. I and II well.

So my advice for you is, since you are not finding any other good options, take Intermediate Accounting I and II through Penn Foster. This is what I did (although not for TESU). Good luck with whatever you choose.
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
According to this link, Sanantone's BSBA in Accounting post-July 1, 2015
Intermediate Accounting II – CSU Global CBE or Penn Foster

I̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶y̶e̶t̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶P̶e̶n̶n̶ ̶F̶o̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶h̶o̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶p̶d̶o̶g̶9̶8̶ ̶s̶a̶i̶d̶.̶ ̶
C̶S̶U̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶m̶a̶t̶e̶r̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶.̶
sekiflying Wrote:I did not do it yet, but think Penn Foster is a better choice as topdog98 said.
CSU should have no any material for you.

CSU Global CBEs do provide study material, and gives you a free retake if you fail. They're also about $50 cheaper than PF, and don't require any additional work aside from the exam. I haven't personally taken courses/exams from either, but if I had to choose, CSU seems much more up my alley.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:CSU Global CBEs do provide study material, and gives you a free retake if you fail. They're also about $50 cheaper than PF, and don't require any additional work aside from the exam. I haven't personally taken courses/exams from either, but if I had to choose, CSU seems much more up my alley.

It sound CSU is better now Big Grin
I read this link already, Sanantone General_Education_Options_After_July_1,_2015

Just want to confirm again that
For General Education Credits.
If i do ALEKS Precalculus , and I dont need to do ALEKS Trigonometry? (Having hard time in Trigonometrybanghead)
sekiflying Wrote:I read this link already, Sanantone General_Education_Options_After_July_1,_2015

If i do ALEKS Precalculus , and I dont need to do ALEKS Trigonometry? (Having hard time in Trigonometrybanghead)

I would take a look here and here (search for Aleks under organization).

The problem is ACE does not grant credit for both. Both are recommended for 3 hours in mathematics. The other courses are recommended for pretty much their title, College Algebra- recommended for 3 hours algebra, Beginning algebra recommended for 3 hours intro algebra. Since they are both recommended for the same credit it may or not be a problem. If your degree requires Trigonometry, then you may have to complete that course. If you just need a math credit, and Pre-Cal is sufficient, then that should be fine. However if you need Trig as a required course I would make sure to have this approved by your school, since the recommendation only states mathematics, and not a specific area of math.
sekiflying Wrote:I read this link already, Sanantone General_Education_Options_After_July_1,_2015

You may want to look for another source for math, since the ACE certification for ALEKS ends November 30.
Yes, they duplicate. I preferred aleks precalc to trig. Others stated the opposite but I moved through precalc much faster. I tried trig three times and gave up. To each his own.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
if you need another math this looks pretty simple
Geometry (College) - Shmoop Online Courses

you could prepare for it with
https://www.khanacademy.org/math/geometry-home

thinking about doing it in the new year
Thank you all the replies.

I am doing TESU BSBA Accounting CPA, already sufficient the math requirments.
Just need cheap credit for the General Education.
I will try Pre-calculus instead Trigonometry

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 9 586 04-03-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 266 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 611 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,730 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,769 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 566 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 499 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 284 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 851 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,236 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM