Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for Tips to Pass College Mathmatics!
Hi all,

I am preparing for the College Mathmatics CLEP exam and hoping for some insight/tips on how to prepare. This is my first CLEP exam and I am new to InstantCert. Any information/help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.
cmetcalf Wrote:Hi all,

I am preparing for the College Mathmatics CLEP exam and hoping for some insight/tips on how to prepare. This is my first CLEP exam and I am new to InstantCert. Any information/help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.
Welcome to instantcert. I too am taken the college math soon and as you might have seen on a previous posting, others have advised me to get the study guide,"Cracking The College Clep". You might want to look into getting that as it only cost me $6.95 plus mailing for a used book from Amazon.com.
Good luck and Iam sure others with respond to try and help you as we do have a very supportive group of fellow instantcerter's.
Check out this site for any math videos (free) that might help. These were great when I studied statistics.
Sammy Wrote:Check out this site for any math videos (free) that might help. These were great when I studied statistics.

Did I miss something or did you leave out the url for the site mentioned?
ShotoJuku Wrote:Did I miss something or did you leave out the url for the site mentioned?

He probably meant to post these links:

http://www.learner.org/resources/bro...ageField2.y=15

http://www.learner.org

He had previously posted them in another mathematics thread.

I personally didn't find the site very useful. They go *way* too slow for my liking. It's more like a "this is how you should teach" rather than actual teaching. But anyway, I think that those are the links he was referring to.
Yes, those are the links. I do that all the time. Yes, I agree that they are slow. I think they are good for someone who has been out of school for a while. I do think the statistics was good though. It depends upon what you are shooting for. Just passing or a good score with a good understanding.
Sammy Wrote:Yes, those are the links. I do that all the time. Yes, I agree that they are slow. I think they are good for someone who has been out of school for a while. I do think the statistics was good though. It depends upon what you are shooting for. Just passing or a good score with a good understanding.

True that. Depends on what you're shooting for with the exam. But also how much time you are willing to devote, and if that is the right arena for you to learn. I learn best from books and the written word. Hearing teachers talk about math bored me and was an impediment to the learning process. Too much fat. Others will find that it works well for them. Different strokes....
This was the hardest of the clep test I have taken. I studied for around 2 months using InstantCert and the Petersons Air Force study guide (it was free and available for everyone until recently). I did pass, but it was by far the hardest of all the cleps I have taken. Make sure and study alot first. I had been out of school for over 20 years, and that could have made a difference in the level of difficulty.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,181 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,534 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,926 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 230 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 497 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 389 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 729 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Capstone Writing: Tips & Tricks rachel83az 11 27,493 01-25-2024, 11:46 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 205 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 244 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP