Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Looking for an RA Online Biology II w Lab
(02-06-2021, 11:06 AM)Fountains of Roses Wrote: [quote pid='329371' dateline='1612627575']

Is there an easy way to tell if they would allow her to take this and if it is online?  However, I am looking in their semester search and never see that offered. Confusing. 

Also, do you think the class at Portage matches the correct Biology? I am trying to match the Biology level for science Majors. 

Here is the course I am trying to match although the description is sparse:
BIO 1113 Biology II 3 Credit Hours Continuation of Biology I. Topics include: a comparative overview of the diversity of life, anatomy and physiology, origins, and ecology. Prerequisites: C- or above in BIO 1043 and BIO 1041 or BIO 1103 and BIO 1101

Thank you!

[/quote]

The course at NMCJ is General Biology II.  To see which are full online courses, you just look at the "Meeting Times" column, make it bigger, and then look for a listing with no blacked out days of the week (so if T is blacked out, that means it's a Tuesday class, so not online).  Next to the ones with no blacked out dates, it will say Type: Web Online  Building: Internet.

If you choose the 2nd course, it shows on the "Part of Term" column "3" - so you'd click on the course, and then click on "Instructor/Meeting Times" where you can see that it's Mar 8 - May 5.  Click on "Syllabus" to see that.

Here's what the syllabus says:General Biology II stresses the origins of life, the diversity of viruses, bacteria, protists, and fungi; the diversity of plants, plant structure and function; animal diversity, animal structure and function; as well as animal behavior, ecology of populations, ecosystems, and environmental concerns. Concurrent enrollment in BI 124L (laboratory) is required. This is a four (4) credit hour course including lab.

The course does not say anything about A&P, so you may not want to do it.  But the only way to check to see if they'll let her take it is to call them directly.
--------------------------

Portage is a course provider specifically for Nurses, so not sure it's what you'll want.  

Here's the class description: A continued examination of the fundamental laws, theories, and concepts of biology. Topics include genetics, the molecular basis of replication, transcription, translation, and gene regulation; the effects of mutations on gene expression; endocrine signaling and the associated disease states; neuron action potentials and signaling cascades; muscle contraction and reflexes; principles of homeostasis and the associated feedback mechanisms relative to blood osmolarity, blood pressure and thermal regulation; an introduction to pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, and the process of clinical trials; epidemiology, and the global impact, surveillance, and investigation of infectious diseases. The laboratory component of this course is delivered using virtual labs and interactive simulations with detailed instruction and demonstrations from an experienced instructor.
--------------------------

Generally, I'd say that when you need to take a 2-class series like that, you're much better off taking them from the same place, so that everything is covered.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 268 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Biochemistry online, no lab, and less than $500. GoodYellowDogs 11 10,147 03-20-2024, 04:16 PM
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 211 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,456 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 601 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,611 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 351 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,089 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Free or affordable Christian Chaplaincy Online Sowak777 4 367 02-21-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: The need 2 learn
Shocked Online Course Provider 2U (edX) Faces Doubts It Can Continue ($900 Million in debt) Ares 3 374 02-16-2024, 02:51 AM
Last Post: studyingfortests